Author Topic: We came a long way from this...  (Read 2437 times)

Re: We came a long way from this...
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Not the same as this team, but man I cringe a bit thinking of the team we had before trading for Isaiah Thomas with a frontcourt of Sully/Olynyk/Zeller/Amir. Omg those guys always got pummeled by other team's bigs, even the third and fourth stringers. Remember when Jordan Mickey was going to be our savior too!  :P

Also had some of the deadweight from the Nets trade, which obviously is and was a fantastic move, but boy those first few years after it were dreadful.
Sullinger/Olynyk as a pairing during the regular season for those 3 years.

min.    off. rat.    def. rat.    net rat.    +/-
13-14     542     107.6        99.5        +8.1     +98
14-15     410     106.0       100.5       +5.6     +74
15-16     225     108.0        93.5       +14.6    +80

1177 total minutes and +252 +/- for those 3 years works out to +10.3 points per 48 minutes.  The Sullinger/Olynyk pairing were fantastically successful together, it was virtually everything else that was a disaster.  Olynyk and Jerebko were actually quite successful together also.

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Not the same as this team, but man I cringe a bit thinking of the team we had before trading for Isaiah Thomas with a frontcourt of Sully/Olynyk/Zeller/Amir. Omg those guys always got pummeled by other team's bigs, even the third and fourth stringers. Remember when Jordan Mickey was going to be our savior too!  :P

Also had some of the deadweight from the Nets trade, which obviously is and was a fantastic move, but boy those first few years after it were dreadful.

1177 total minutes and +252 +/- for those 3 years works out to +10.3 points per 48 minutes.  The Sullinger/Olynyk pairing were fantastically successful together, it was virtually everything else that was a disaster.  Olynyk and Jerebko were actually quite successful together also.

Yeah there's a reason why Sully was dubbed the next Kevin Love. He was never a bad player, the problem was he couldn't ever manage to condition himself.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 05:42:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah there's a reason why Sully was dubbed the next Kevin Love. He was never a bad player, the problem was he couldn't ever manage to condition himself.

Yeah.  I still think he had at least Carlos Boozer potential.  He didn’t have the work ethic, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yeah.  I still think he had at least Carlos Boozer potential.  He didn’t have the work ethic, though.

It is awesome saddening that he's only 28, but is resorting to having to play overseas. He's been saying he wants to make a comeback, but until he devotes himself to a proper conditioning. I'd say that's a hard no.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different