Author Topic: The loyalty is sometimes an issue  (Read 3673 times)

Re: The loyalty is sometimes an issue
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Paul, KG and Ray should retire as Celtics ... whatever that means in terms of "sacrifice". Chemistry and integrity are more important than the bottom line, IMHO, and if you get rid of Ray and KG, say goodbye to any sense of cohesiveness or Ubuntu. No way do we trade this incredible core ... they can still produce and defend, and they still intimidate every team in the NBA.

I agree with Bahku here. Paul, KG and Ray should retire as Celtics, no question.

This core brought us Banner 17. KG's presence allowed Perk to bloom. Ray brought class and a deadly outside shot - that is still affective even at 35.

The Big Three allowed Rondo to grow into an All-Star.

KG brought back a Defensive mindset.

IMO, Kevin Garnett is our modern day Bill Russell.

It's one thing to turn down a blockbuster trade - IF that came up. But the fabric of Team and what certain players bring to the table cannot be ignored - or replaced - if traded.

Even though I disliked the Trade, I supported Danny's decision to do it - but even with that I think we all saw how it temporarily affected the fabric of the team somewhat when Perk left.

One of the things that has made me a lifelong Celtic fan is the tradition...the teamwork...in the case of The Big Three, they embody that for this team - right now.

That's why - no matter WHO we brought in in a potential trade involving those three - we'd take a step back for next season.

Trade any of the Big Three next season - close the window.

Some players do have an immense level of talent (Wade, Lebron, Rose, Kobe, etc) - but you must have Chemistry and KG, Ray and Paul bring that to the table for us.

Let the next season play out, make a few tweaks, give Jeff more responsibility, etc.....but maintain the loyalty.

The Big Three aren't going to get it done next year.  What Danny might have learned is that it's best not to make too many major trades at the deadline.  Better to get his team all in order in the offseason.

As to Kg's contribution to chemistry, etc., that means nothing if you don't have the talent in their prime to win.  No need to fossilize a team that once brought the town one banner.  The idea is to win more championships, not just memorialize the last one won.

clover - you are right - the Big Three won't get it done next year. But - The Core Four with a healthy Rondo will.

Throw in a good training camp, with Jeff, Glen, Delonte, Nenad, etc - and I love our opportunity.

Yes - loyalty is sometimes an issue - but in this case KG, Paul and Ray still have so much to offer.