Author Topic: Amir Johnson back to Toronto (IDEA)  (Read 671 times)

Amir Johnson back to Toronto (IDEA)
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:22:07 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Now Toronto does not have enough cash assets to just make this trade happen. And both team are neck n neck in the playoff race but I think but teams realize that neither is good enough right now to take the Cavs.

So the idea is a 3 team.

Boston out - Amir Johnson and either the Boston or Mavs 1st (which ever is the lower) plus  salary filler (player or players to make trade work)
Boston in - Al Hartford (current salary 12 mil) or Dwight (current salary 22.3 mil) (perfer Al)

Toronto in - Amir Johnson
Toronto out - New Yorks 1st pick next yr plus salary filler (player or players to make trade work)

Atlanta or Houston in - 2 1st rd (1 currently top 10) plus a possible salary fillers
Atlanta out - Al Houston out - Dwight

Now Atlanta is still in 4th so its hard to see them doing it but it might be enough. Houston is not going to get better plus Dwight can opt out and leave for free next year. Dwight also has a trade kicker in his contract of addition 15%. So add another 3.3 mil to his current deal.

I think Toronto would like the fact they would have control of Amir for an additional yr.

Just an idea. Let me know what you guys think.