Author Topic: Unleash our secret weapon: RW3  (Read 4068 times)

Unleash our secret weapon: RW3
« on: November 10, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This team has one of the most talented athletic shot blockers and intimidators sitting on the bench. Start playing him, Brad. Heck, start him at the 5, move Al to the 4, our interior defense, which really sucks, will vastly improve. Our perimeter defenders can take more risks going after steals with Williams lurking in the paint. We have too many scorer types in the starting lineup (too much talent per Barkley) and not enough role players. Look at Toronto. Each guy has a role. Very well constructed starting lineup. Robert Williams can also contribute with offensive boards and points in the restricted area, mostly dunks. Two things we rank at the bottom at.

Your move, Brad.

Re: Unleash our secret weapon: RW3
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 12:34:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP.

This team needs to be shaken up.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
This team has one of the most talented athletic shot blockers and intimidators sitting on the bench. Start playing him, Brad. Heck, start him at the 5, move Al to the 4, our interior defense, which really sucks, will vastly improve. Our perimeter defenders can take more risks going after steals with Williams lurking in the paint. We have too many scorer types in the starting lineup (too much talent per Barkley) and not enough role players. Look at Toronto. Each guy has a role. Very well constructed starting lineup. Robert Williams can also contribute with offensive boards and points in the restricted area, mostly dunks. Two things we rank at the bottom at.

Your move, Brad.

I have been saying this for a long time. We are getting killed inside.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 12:43:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I wouldn't start him. I doubt he is ready. I would like to see him for 10-15 minutes off the bench now and then. I think Baynes should start. Then Theiss or Williams for 10-15mpg off the bench where needed.

If you could get 30 minutes or thereabouts out of those guys and then go small for another 18-20 minutes with Horford as the lone big man. I think that is best. Generally speaking. Will need to be adjusted for nights were the team needs to play smaller and cannot afford 28-30mpg from the three big men.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 12:52:31 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Agree it’s time! Why not?   :)

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 08:49:04 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Happy people begin to realize Williams talent 8)

But Brad's plan seems to keep him from rotation as long as possible in order to develop him

In Brad i trust

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

But Brad's plan seems to keep him from rotation as long as possible in order to develop him

In Brad i trust

Brad is not perfect. He tends to be risk averse to a fault in this respect. Williams will learn a lot faster playing than watching. We are perimeter strong but our center is soft.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 10:32:31 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Stevens is pretty stubborn when it comes to big men. He likes guys who can pick and roll on the perimeter and shoot the 3. I read somewhere that they are working on Williams outside shooting. Did I hear Bill Russell laughing? Williams is the typical rim protector if there ever was one. That's what Ainge drafted him for. But I don't see much willingness to give him that role.

I don't like what I see of the Celtics so far. Somebody said they have too many scorers starting. I agree. Adding Hayward has subtracted a little of Tatum and Brown. They aren't playing like the 2nd half of last season, and they aren't showing the improvement you'd expect so far this season. I think Hayward has screwed up the chemistry. And they better get it back soon, because right now Toronto and Philly look better.

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 01:31:04 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

In Brad i trust

We are getting killed inside while Baynes and Williams sit on the bench.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 01:51:03 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

In Brad i trust

We are getting killed inside while Baynes and Williams sit on the bench.
All true, AL has been tripping since preseason, but apparently Brad doesn't care first 20-30 games if it's what takes to prepare the team, and i'm on it

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 01:56:02 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
Stevens is pretty stubborn when it comes to big men. He likes guys who can pick and roll on the perimeter and shoot the 3. I read somewhere that they are working on Williams outside shooting. Did I hear Bill Russell laughing? Williams is the typical rim protector if there ever was one. That's what Ainge drafted him for. But I don't see much willingness to give him that role.

I don't like what I see of the Celtics so far. Somebody said they have too many scorers starting. I agree. Adding Hayward has subtracted a little of Tatum and Brown. They aren't playing like the 2nd half of last season, and they aren't showing the improvement you'd expect so far this season. I think Hayward has screwed up the chemistry. And they better get it back soon, because right now Toronto and Philly look better.

It's better for Williams to be able to shoot because it's a 3 era now and Brad is always on the front of the wave

I don't know about Brown but Hayward and Tatum will be fine,No need to panic. it's too early

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 05:09:04 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
If you listen to the Rainin' J's podcast, John Karalis mentioned that the 6'1 Brad Stevens kept stripping the ball from Robert Williams in practice, when Rob tried to post him up, because Rob kept bringing the ball down like Perk used to.

Rob is super raw.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 06:04:11 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
do i need to say this again? You have depth, USE IT. Construct two starting teams.....you have enough players to do this. Coach outside the box.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:21:40 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:12 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
If you listen to the Rainin' J's podcast, John Karalis mentioned that the 6'1 Brad Stevens kept stripping the ball from Robert Williams in practice, when Rob tried to post him up, because Rob kept bringing the ball down like Perk used to.

Rob is super raw.
I don't know about that
There is a video of Brad training with Rob on the post and Brad can't do much about it
And Rob is known to be a elite finisher in college, he get the ball high and keep it high

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Rob is super raw.

Bull sh...

We aren't posting up Williams for ch...s sake!