Author Topic: 2018 NBA League Trade Deadline & Buyout Season Watch Thread  (Read 18416 times)

Re: 2018 NBA League Trade Deadline & Buyout Season Watch Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Well that was bad!!! Nothing...wanted bellinelli or evans..hope that 29th pick was worth holding on to..😝..be a euro player that will never play here
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Hooray! Rather than get a potential difference-maker off the bench in a wide-open East we get to pick 28th in the draft OR have a potential asset for an Anthony Davis trade that we all know will NEVER happen... I’m annoyed by Ainge’s stinginess...

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So who do they get via buyout

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Hooray! Rather than get a potential difference-maker off the bench in a wide-open East we get to pick 28th in the draft OR have a potential asset for an Anthony Davis trade that we all know will NEVER happen... I’m annoyed by Ainge’s stinginess...

And on the other side of this, what the hell is Wallace thinking turning down Yabusele and two seconds for Evans and insisting upon a first in this market, especially after sitting him out for five games waiting on a trade? Memphis fans are ticked lol

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2018, 03:17:14 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Joe Johnson, IT (i doubt he is returning even if he is bought out, I don't see him starting alongside Kyrie nor would he accept coming off the bench)

anyone else?

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

So besides a desperate Cleveland, who traded away 1st round picks for rentals?

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

It's not Danny's fault. For whatever reason, picks are really really valuable right now. Legit players, quality rotation guys with potential are getting flipped for second rounders.

The value of that 28th pick isn't the player we would draft with it, necessarily. It's the player we could trade it for in June. And given the way the market is going, that could be someone pretty good.

And if not, we draft in the most cost-controlled position in the draft.

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

And on the other side of this, what the hell is Wallace thinking turning down Yabusele and two seconds for Evans and insisting upon a first in this market, especially after sitting him out for five games waiting on a trade? Memphis fans are ticked lol

And watch Yabs become a star for us! Holding onto a player that is going to leave for nothing is not always the best move when you are not fighting for a playoff spot. They didn't get the Don't Play Poker With Danny Memo....

No GM thought a few month rental is worth a first, not a single one.

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2018, 03:24:56 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Joe Johnson will sign with Houston is my guess
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
So who do they get via buyout

Monroe the end

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2018, 03:25:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Suns acquire former first-round pick Elfrid Payton from Magic for 2nd round pick

What happened to the person who was so convinced Smart wasn't better than Payton...?  :laugh: ::) ::)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2018, 03:26:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

This is the correct side of your post.  If the Celtics hadn’t gotten Monroe, I could have seen them trading a 1st for Evans using the DPE.  It still would have been an overpay.  But to trade a 1st round rookie on top of another 1st?  That wasn’t going to happen.

« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
So how about Joe Johnson?

Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
At this point think Boston is going to the buyout route

Joe Johnson? I'd like him.

I was thinking that also. Just heard IT does not want to come off the bench in LA...might be bought out there

I think Magic will sit down with IT and work something out.  It’s better for both sides.

We still can't get IT back right? Does it matter if it is from another team after we traded him, or is it still a year?

If he’s waived by the Lakers he can be signed by us this season.  Which would be amazing and no one would ever trade with Danny Ainge again.  Although I think Brad should make the first phone call to recruit him if he becomes available.

« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

This is the correct side of your post.  If the Celtics hadn’t gotten Monroe, I could have seen them trading a 1st for Evans using the DPE.  It still would have been an overpay.  But to trade a 1st round rookie on top of another 1st?  That wasn’t going to happen.

Well, honestly, the first post was before the Yabu/two seconds report came out, which makes it a bit more  understandable. Previously the rumor going around was some combo of Semi, Nader, and Larkin. Losing both Yabu and the 1st is a tougher sell. I probably would’ve went for it given the context of this season, but can’t really blame Danny for not wanting to give that up for a rental.

But, yeah, this is going to look pretty bad for Memphis when Tyreke doesn’t re-sign and Only hurts their tank by winning games for them.