Author Topic: Fultz to work out for Kings  (Read 10184 times)

Re: Fultz to work out for Kings
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 10:15:17 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Any trade that Danny pulls with the Kings is probably a good trade. Kings management is notoriously prone to being fleeced, and I could see them offering a truly ludicrous package for Fultz. Something along the lines of #5, #10, a pick swap in 2018, a pick swap in 2020, and their pick outright in 2021 (their 2019 pick is owed to the sixers).

So basically, 5 lotto picks, many likely high lotto. You take that deal alllll the way to the bank.

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't do the trade . We have a roster crunch as is.

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I don't do the trade . We have a roster crunch as is.

I agree, we don't need any more quarters and dimes, we need dollars.

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
There is almost no chance we trade for more draft picks this year. We need singular elite talents, not a lot of decent players. We will just end up losing guys to roster limits.

It is possible a 3rd team might prefer trading for the 5, 10 and some other assets instead of the #1, but Sac is not overflowing with valuable assets. Cauley-Stein? Then again, Sac isn't afraid to give away future #1 picks.

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 10:46:34 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
One thing I've heard a bout Fultz is he doesn't care about winning. Now these could just be dumb people making things up, but going threw some youtube videos it was said twice that he didn't care about winning as long as he got his numbers. Even in open gyms he would look great but his teams would lose.  Which is why he's not focused on D like he should be.

Now this could also be him working on his game, trying to show how good he is, and now that he's a pro, he'll get his head into doing what is needed to win. And being a Celtic, it's either win or get the #$$#% out of town.

But if DA saw something, a lack of being competitive, he might be looking elsewhere. There has been links to DA liking Tatum and Smith Jr, which could both be had with SAC's pick. But I'd also want WCS, kid played well once Boogie was gone, and can board.

My first choice is Fultz, but I can see the concern of not winning or being a good leader could get DA looking at some one else. But he did just turn 19, and you could have Smart and Brown as the vocal leaders of the team in the future.

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Almost threw up my breakfast when seeing this topic. There is no way Danny would lose his mind temporarily and trade number 1 for 5 and 10 unless he saw something in the medical reports on in person that raised a flag. If that is the case, all bets are off and prepare for a big trade of monumental proportions. If only Kings kept the super talented trouble maker though. 5, 10 and Cousins might be tempting(lol, kidding but not really).

My guess would be if the red flag has been hoisted from Fultz visit for unknown reasons(medical would be my guess), prepare yourself to hear about crazy 3 and 4 team massive trades at the top as teams jockey for the person who they truly want.

Crazy theories:
1. Ball works out for Kings for Danny's benefit and viewing as well. Big trade goes down, Kings take Ball if they get up to 2 or 3 or perhaps or who knows, maybe they only need to be at 4 or 5 for Ball. If Ball is taken with 5 pick, Big exchange is done of Ball and Fultz plus 10 and number 1 in next year's draft. Maybe they even throw in Hield and a huge teardown of our roster commences soon after. The finals have shown Danny we need super talented young players to build a dynasty and he has the ego that believes he could do it. Maybe he views Ball as the Kobe from long ago who so many passed on or Durant in the two slot vs. Mr. Injury.
2. Sixers trade 3 for 1 with Celtics and throw in Saric and future first or perhaps even one of the other teams first's they have next year. We then turn around and select Ball with 3rd pick and trade that to Kings for 5,10 and future first. Perhaps player of our choice is thrown in as well. Danny has fun drafting in a not so friendly top position again and attempts to hit 2 long shot homeruns with 5 and 10 while the Sixers solidify a future dynasty with Fultz joining Simmons and Embiid as their main core.
3. This is all crazy inuendo to get someone to even further up the ante on what has already been offered for the number 1. Rumors like this could push someone over the edge to do something stupid...think Mr. King and the Nets long ago. Let us not underestimate the power of Stupid and everyone is susceptible to it at some point. It is Danny's job to make sure he is not the one being "Stupid" and too take advantage of someone who is more than willing to oblige. Crazy trade idea.....
Lakers give 2 to Celtics for 1 and throw in Ingram for good measure. We take 2 and take Ball and send to Kings for 5,10 and Hield or 5,10 and future 1st next year. Or, we take 2, and send to Sixers for 3 and Saric. We then take Jackson or Ball(whoever is left). We then trade that to Kings for 5, 10, Hield or 1st next year of our choice.
4. Nothing happens and we take Fultz...we all sleep better or not....Medical records we do not know and if something is flagging inside Danny about our first option, anything can happen and probably will.

Why is Fultz working out for the Kings?
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
...but not the Lakers, Sixers or Suns?

Is there a trade on the horizon for the Celtics to take Fultz and deal him to the Kings?

They may want a Hield and Fultz backcourt.

Well the only thing I see on that roster is Cauley-Stein, McLemore and #5 for #1

Celtics then take Tatum.

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 11:09:23 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Man, I just don't know... we've never had a top prospect like a Towns, Wiggins or Simmons. It just feels like it's never been destined to be, with us never getting lucky in the lottery and whatnot. Now we finally luck into the top pick- in a draft with a transcendent PG like Fultz at the top- and Ainge is thinking about trading it? This would be an outrage if he trades it. Wow. Maybe Ainge saw something in Fultz he didn't like. Too tall for his position, too good at rebounding, potential to be more than a defensive role player? Idk. Who knows

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Man, I just don't know... we've never had a top prospect like a Towns, Wiggins or Simmons. It just feels like it's never been destined to be, with us never getting lucky in the lottery and whatnot. Now we finally luck into the top pick- in a draft with a transcendent PG like Fultz at the top- and Ainge is thinking about trading it? This would be an outrage if he trades it. Wow. Maybe Ainge saw something in Fultz he didn't like. Too tall for his position, too good at rebounding, potential to be more than a defensive role player? Idk. Who knows

This seems like an massive overreaction. Has Danny said he's trading the pick? No. Have reporters in SAC reported that this is most likely a favor from the agent to a new member of the Kings front office? Yes.

We need to let things play out before we talk about how stupid this theoretical move that isn't even a rumor is.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 11:36:16 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
FAKE NEWS (We aren't trading #1 to the Kings)  :laugh:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The "favor" explanation seems unlikely to me, but it's possible. If you choose not to work out for other teams, possibly the last team on earth you would make an exception for would be Sacramento.

I also would agree with the observation that Sacramento would not be able to make a trade worthwhile directly.

So, the most likely explanation is that Ainge is examining a multiple team deal. The fact that Fultz is cooperating with such a thing is significant. It would be nearly impossible to guess what such a deal might be.

Waiting 4 weeks to find out how this will all play out is going to drive me nuts.

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Any deal would include Buddy Hield and a heist of unprotected picks and swaps.
I've heard Ainge gush about Hield so who knows.
I mean i could see Ainge actually listening to a godfather offer of..
-Hield
-2017 #5
-2017#10
-2018 Lakers pick
-2018 Kings swap
-2019 Kings swap
-2020 Kings swap

It basically keeps us with top 10 picks for the next 4-5 seasons including two top 10 picks tbis year.

Still highly unilikely but Danny doesn't pick up the phone with the Kings unless Vivek is giving out serious Billy King vibes.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:10:07 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2017, 11:58:36 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

This seems like an massive overreaction. Has Danny said he's trading the pick? No. Have reporters in SAC reported that this is most likely a favor from the agent to a new member of the Kings front office? Yes.

We need to let things play out before we talk about how stupid this theoretical move that isn't even a rumor is.

I agree all it would take is for the Kings to contact Fultz's camp and say they are actively trying to move up to #1 for the chance to draft him. If they think there is any real chance then no harm done working out for the kings.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2017, 12:07:31 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I don't think Fultz is alone in tier 1 on this draft. Not like Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving....in former drafts. Plus we need trades, maybe we shouldn't trade the number 1 pick, but we need trades to balance out the roster. We need big men. With Johnson, Jerebko, Olynyk expiring contracts we basically have only Horford and Micky on 4 and 5. That's problem, big problem. So i expect trades, i don't know if we will the the number 1 pick traded or Bradley, Crowder.... but one or more trades will happen. For this draft i think there are maybe 4 or 5 guys in tier 1 and another 3-4 in tier 2 also very good prospects. So i think a top 8 pick in this draft is very valuable. But at the end of the day if DA think Fultz is not better but is on the same level with Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Isaac... then he is smart and he will use the value of the number 1 pick to do to Sac what he did to Brooklyn. If trade for number 1 pick happen, it will Sac basically everything. #5, Skal, WCS, pick swaps... and maybe  even that will not be enough

Either way i don't think we are screwed. We are in fantastic position and DA will get the most of the situation

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2017, 12:27:02 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
First thought is maybe #5,#10, and WCS for #1 or maybe next years pick instead of the #10.

Hard to fathom passing on Fultz but maybe DA really likes Isaac, Smith or Tatum at #5 and see value in moving down.

Post Cousins WCS looked good and would be a nice long term fit at center to replace Amir. So versatile on D.

If he doesnt this i would never stick up for Ainge again.

Idiotic, take the #1 pick and use it on Fultz!