Author Topic: Clemson plays Deshaun Watson with TORN ACL!!!  (Read 2171 times)

Clemson plays Deshaun Watson with TORN ACL!!!
« on: November 29, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I have NEVER heard of a college taking this chance just to end a five-game losing streak to South Carolina (a 6-5 SC at that).  I am sure that the doctors cleared him, but under what type of pressure???  This young kid is one of the best athletes in college football and you have to think about him MORE than about Clemson Tiger football and beating a mediocre SC team.  Wow, you could be jeopardizing this young man's chance to provide for himself and his family at the next level!!!!   

Could he not have torn his MCL or PCL on top of the ACL if he got hit the right way???

Please explain the logic of this decision.

Smitty77

Re: Clemson plays Deshaun Watson with TORN ACL!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is Ray Melchiorre their trainer?  If so, that would make a lot of sense, unfortunately.  That is terrible, though.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's almost as if they care more about the football program overall than the individual athlete's well being and future.

Shocking, really.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 12:09:18 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I read this on shakinthesouthland blog:

"Talked to a bunch of doctor friends after I heard about this.

At first they didn’t believe me that he played with a torn ACL. Then they said he could’ve ended his career playing on it. You wait for the swelling to go down before surgery, but you don’t try to play on it. I’m imagining Dabo is gonna have a lot of explaining to do over the next couple weeks."

He definitely was at risk of injuring his MCL and his PCL.

Smitty77