Author Topic: Beal traded for bag of balls  (Read 12523 times)

Re: Beal traded for bag of balls
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2023, 05:01:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Wow, Miami dropped the ball here. They will struggle to get a better opportunity than this to upgrade their team and put it on a par with the top teams in the East.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2023, 05:01:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I guess the Suns aren't worried about the CBA lol
Durant - 46 million
Beal - 46 million
Booker - 36 million

The CBA is being treated like the new boogeyman by Boston media so Wyc can keeping packing his pockets while not really going for it.

I don't believe Beal was the right move for us, but I want management to be aggressive in improving this team.

Beal was not the right move for us. Bringing in another wing scorer is not a need for this team. We need frontcourt help

That's why I said Beal isn't the right move for us.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2023, 05:02:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Wow, Miami dropped the ball here. They will struggle to get a better opportunity than this to upgrade their team and put it on a par with the top teams in the East.

Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
7m
Miami’s focus is Portland superstar Damian Lillard with the genuine belief this could be the offseason the veteran guard seeks a change of scenery, league sources tell
@NBAonTNT, @BleacherReport
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2023, 05:03:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Durant - 46 million
Beal - 46 million
Booker - 36 million

The CBA is being treated like the new boogeyman by Boston media so Wyc can keeping packing his pockets while not really going for it.

I don't believe Beal was the right move for us, but I want management to be aggressive in improving this team.

Well my post was a bit sarcastic, sorry that didn't transfer very well.  Lots of people here saying we need to gut our roster THIS year, trade Brogdon, move other players to get ready.  But obviously every team doesn't think like that haha.  IMO, this won't work out well for the Suns, but not all because of the CBA, partially because all three of those main guys need the ball in their hands.

Maybe the guys here who wanted Ayton might actually get a chance.  Suns can't even fill out their roster unless they get rid of Ayton can they?

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2023, 05:03:50 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
What if the C’s could have gotten Beal for peanuts and then traded Brown for pieces? Would you have been down for that?

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2023, 05:04:06 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Durant - 46 million
Beal - 46 million
Booker - 36 million

Beal was not the right move for us. Bringing in another wing scorer is not a need for this team. We need frontcourt help

That's why I said Beal isn't the right move for us.

Agree, agree...

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2023, 05:05:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
What if the C’s could have gotten Beal for peanuts and then traded Brown for pieces? Would you have been down for that?
You’d have no leverage with Brown and gotten nothing of real value back for Brown.

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2023, 05:05:29 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Brogdon has been included in various trade rumors this summer, and Matt Moore of Action Network now reports that there has been "chatter" about a possible three-way deal involving the reigning Sixth Man of the Year, Bradley Beal and the Phoenix Suns.

"Something to keep in mind with the Suns in their Beal pursuit: there's been chatter in league circles about a separate potential three-way deal involving Boston's reigning 6th Man of the Year Malcolm Brogdon," Moore wrote. "I've gotten the sense those talks are now outdated (as is pretty common with a lot of league rumor mongering), but it's an interesting element to keep an eye on."

———

Saw this earlier, didn’t think too much of it given the source, but now it makes sense.

Perhaps Celtics (were) looking to move Brogdon + for Ayton?
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2023, 05:06:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Phoenix should keep Ayton. Fill out their roster with cheap bench help. They need Ayton in the paint to do all that dirty work to balance out their offensive stars.

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2023, 05:07:03 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Durant - 46 million
Beal - 46 million
Booker - 36 million

Well my post was a bit sarcastic, sorry that didn't transfer very well.  Lots of people here saying we need to gut our roster THIS year, trade Brogdon, move other players to get ready.  But obviously every team doesn't think like that haha.  IMO, this won't work out well for the Suns, but not all because of the CBA, partially because all three of those main guys need the ball in their hands.

Maybe the guys here who wanted Ayton might actually get a chance.  Suns can't even fill out their roster unless they get rid of Ayton can they?

I think they have to deal Ayton for depth, they have no other ways to add talent other than the vet minimum.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2023, 05:07:47 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Brogdon has been included in various trade rumors this summer, and Matt Moore of Action Network now reports that there has been "chatter" about a possible three-way deal involving the reigning Sixth Man of the Year, Bradley Beal and the Phoenix Suns.

"Something to keep in mind with the Suns in their Beal pursuit: there's been chatter in league circles about a separate potential three-way deal involving Boston's reigning 6th Man of the Year Malcolm Brogdon," Moore wrote. "I've gotten the sense those talks are now outdated (as is pretty common with a lot of league rumor mongering), but it's an interesting element to keep an eye on."

———

Saw this earlier, didn’t think too much of it given the source, but now it makes sense.

Perhaps Celtics looking to move Brogdon + for Ayton?

But how does Brogdon fit in with Suns?  Do they start Beal, Brogdon, Booker, Durant + joe schmoe big?

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2023, 05:07:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Yes, that was the play. Trade Jaylen for Towns or someone like that.

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2023, 05:11:55 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

———

Perhaps Celtics looking to move Brogdon + for Ayton?

But how does Brogdon fit in with Suns?  Do they start Beal, Brogdon, Booker, Durant + joe schmoe big?

I wonder if it could be Brogdon & Horford (or Williams III) for Ayton.

Brogdon
Beal
Booker
Durant
Horford
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2023, 05:13:25 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Phoenix should keep Ayton. Fill out their roster with cheap bench help. They need Ayton in the paint to do all that dirty work to balance out their offensive stars.

He doesn’t do the dirty work though lol find somebody much much cheaper to do that.

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2023, 05:14:40 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He doesn’t do the dirty work though lol find somebody much much cheaper to do that.

Exactly, lol. That's the problem with Ayton.
2021 Houston Rockets