Author Topic: Boston is Smoove's Top Destination?  (Read 14077 times)

Re: Boston is Smoove's Top Destination?
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 09:00:45 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm a J Smith guy but I would not give up Green for him at this point.

As far as a max contract forget it, but I think he is saying if they want him to stay in Atlanta than he wants the max. Seems like a way to get out of there.

It would take some creativity for sure. In this case Rondo, PP, Green and KG are off the list, but everyone else should be trade bait.

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 09:14:28 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
you absolutely have to trade Green if you have a chance to get Smith. Smith is a much better rebounder, better low post player, defender, and passer.

I wouldnt give up Bradley,but a deal of green,lee,melo and possibly a pick I would do.

It would be awesome to get korver in the deal too, but more likely stevenson would be coming back

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 09:21:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
you absolutely have to trade Green if you have a chance to get Smith. Smith is a much better rebounder, better low post player, defender, and passer.
The first two are because he is, in fact, a low-post player. Jeff Green isn't.

The second two are debatable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
The first two are because he is, in fact, a low-post player. Jeff Green isn't.

The second two are debatable.

Jeff Greens is a superior perimeter defender and passer. Josh smith is an excellent rebounder and shot blocker. I think Jeff Green has a better offensive game though.

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 09:40:29 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The way Green is beginning to play is making him look like a bargain deal. He looks like a for sure 20 ppg scorer when given consistent starters minutes and a featured role on offense.

I wouldn't trade him for Smith when he could potentially be making only 50% the money and giving you 80-85% the production.

Assuming Smith doesn't get a Max deal but maybe something more along the lines of 14 mill per year then a trio of Rondo, Green, and Smith could only cost you around 35 mill. Adding to the fact Boston is normally ok with flirting with the luxury tax then that's only half your salary.

Could still sign another top flight player and have a couple guys making MLE type money and another couple guys on Rookie deals. In a few years we could only be a quality big man away from contending again.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, and Smith isn't too shabby for a core four in two years.

Send Lee to Memphis. Send Bass, Melo, and a first to Atlanta. Bring Smith to Boston. Sign some vet. min. guys and call it a day.

Terry, bradley, Pierce, Green, Smith, and KG is a good six players. We just need a couple more role players and we could do significant damage this year and beyond.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Heres the deal I offer:

http://espn.go.com/nba/trademachine?tradeId=cjwzv65

They take it. Freaking awesome lets do it. They say no, then we just move on with what we got for the rest of the year. Leaves us extremely thin at the guard spot but I like a lineup of Terry, Pierce, Green, Smith, and KG. Sign a guy like Dooling, Flynn or Christmas.

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2013, 09:44:20 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Trying to come up with trades, that I think would be good value for Atlanta and that wouldn't severely affect Boston's title chances. 

I think this is the best one I could do.

Bass, Lee, Sullinger, Melo, 2013 1st

for

Smith, Stevenson

Atlanta gets some nice rotation players on reasonable contracts, 2 young players, and an extra 1st.  Not a great deal, but not bad and certainly better than Brooklyn's presumed offer.

So Boston post trade would be

PG - Bradley, Terry
SG - Stevenson, Terry
SF - Pierce, Green
PF - Smith, Green
C - Garnett, Wilcox, Collins

That team is closer to a title this year and has the potential pairing of Rondo and Smith to build around going forward (with Green being a nice piece).  If Smith does leave this summer, then there is a good chance PP, KG, and Terry all retire, and thus Boston would have cap space and could go into full on rebuilding.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Huge fan, hope it happens, no max contract player.

Bold prediction: KG retires, Smith is his replacement, I would be OK with that. Smith will fit in our culture, he still plays hard and come one fix his shot selection and he is already 5 times better and less annoyiing. Rondo / Green / Smith / Bradley for the future, I'll go for it!

I think he deserves 12,5 / 15m a year.

there is no culture if kg retires? I also don't see how Smith would fit into said culture

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2013, 09:46:08 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Heres the deal I offer:

They take it. Freaking awesome lets do it. They say no, then we just move on with what we got for the rest of the year. Leaves us extremely thin at the guard spot but I like a lineup of Terry, Pierce, Green, Smith, and KG. Sign a guy like Dooling, Flynn or Christmas.

Your link is messed up.

I do this. Atlanta seemed to really be interested in Melo around draft time. They get Bass who at least helps them reach the salary cap floor next season, a pick, and a trade exception via Lee to Memphis.

http://espn.go.com/nba/trademachine?tradeId=bkw7bwa

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 10:00:26 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

He's also a much bigger knucklehead.

Mike

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 10:05:55 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Heres the deal I offer:

Your link is messed up.

I do this. Atlanta seemed to really be interested in Melo around draft time. They get Bass who at least helps them reach the salary cap floor next season, a pick, and a trade exception via Lee to Memphis.

http://espn.go.com/nba/trademachine?tradeId=bkw7bwa

No NBA trade machine links are working right now......this seems to happen every 2 weeks lol

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 10:07:40 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if anybody else suggested this, but...

A simple trade that could work for both teams is Rondo and Melo for Smith (no muss, no fuss).  We lose nothing for this year and add a borderline all-star type.  If Danny still really thinks we could make noise in the playoffs despite all our injuries, he could take the big gamble and try this, and he wouldn't have to decimate this year's squad to do it (and of course, he keeps KG and PP in the bargain).

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 10:13:03 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if anybody else suggested this, but...

A simple trade that could work for both teams is Rondo and Melo for Smith (no muss, no fuss).  We lose nothing for this year and add a borderline all-star type.  If Danny still really thinks we could make noise in the playoffs despite all our injuries, he could take the big gamble and try this, and he wouldn't have to decimate this year's squad to do it (and of course, he keeps KG and PP in the bargain).

Rondo's probably the main reason Smith would want to come to Boston.

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

Rondo's probably the main reason Smith would want to come to Boston.
True, but in a trade scenario, it really wouldn't matter what he wants.  Now, keeping him beyond this year would be a different story.