Poll

How do you feel about the various "drafts" on CelticsBlog?

I participate in them regularly
21 (39.6%)
I don't participate in them, but I like to follow them
3 (5.7%)
I'd like to participate in them, but they're intimidating
3 (5.7%)
I don't participate in them, but they don't bother me
15 (28.3%)
I don't participate in them, and they annoy me
11 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Poll: How do you feel about the various "drafts" on CelticsBlog?  (Read 18003 times)

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This is just a curiosity thing for me.  We have several drafts now (CB Draft, Pick 2, Historic, DKC, plus some other goofy ones).  There seems to be a core group of guys who participate a lot, but for everyone else, what do you think?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Poll: How do you feel about the various "drafts" on CelticsBlog?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:47:57 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
I've always been interested in them, and the draft 2 is my first time in one. I'm really excited to see what it's all about, the only issue is balancing it between school & work.

This is a whole new world for me, never been into fantasy or anything like that so I'm excited to see how it plays out.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:53:25 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I really like them.

In most case you can actually pick the brains on how a lot of posters see NBA Basketball.

It's fun and you learn something new every time.

Not to mention ultra competitive.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm strictly a Pick 2 guy.  only really have the time to do one a year.  I find it a lot of fun.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I always mean to sign up for one, but I never seem to be posting when they're about to happen. They look rad, and by browsing the threads I'd agree with Yoki's post.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
They annoy me.

I get it that after the trade deadline, there's gonna be a big decrease in  celticsblog traffic, and that the playoff discussion and anticipation is not there as it has been in the recent past, and that the lottery is a long way away and that the Draft and free agency and trading season are even farther away.

However, when 4 of the 10 "Latest Forum Topics" are about this "drafts" and other league stuff, it really turns me off.

Why not a separate section for just this stuff?

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
they annoy me. not as much as the numerous trade ideas that end up in the wrong forum but still annoy me.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 11:19:31 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
They annoy me.

I get it that after the trade deadline, there's gonna be a big decrease in  celticsblog traffic, and that the playoff discussion and anticipation is not there as it has been in the recent past, and that the lottery is a long way away and that the Draft and free agency and trading season are even farther away.

However, when 4 of the 10 "Latest Forum Topics" are about this "drafts" and other league stuff, it really turns me off.

Why not a separate section for just this stuff?

Felt the same way during the birthday incident. Just when you think it disappears, its back at the top.

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 11:19:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I didn't like them in the beginning. They seemed like a bit of a nuisance. Always popping up and often in the way (when they were on front page instead of Celtics articles). Rest of the site tends to go quiet while many posters gathered there instead. So, fairly negative.

However, after taking part in them (and I have done a bunch of them now), I think these CB Drafts are a lot of fun. If you are a general NBA fan as well as a Celtics fan, it's a great place. Definitely worth taking part in. I think these drafts have the best general NBA talk on the forum. Lots of debate about how good players are and how they combine with other players, how to build and create teams. Lots of good interesting ideas and debates. So if you like that type of stuff, the CB Drafts are fantastic.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 11:34:10 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think they can dominate the latest forum topic list too much.  It would be nice if the threads weren't in ALL CAPS.  They'd be easier to ignore that way.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 11:58:58 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I didn't like them in the beginning. They seemed like a bit of a nuisance. Always popping up and often in the way (when they were on front page instead of Celtics articles). Rest of the site tends to go quiet while many posters gathered there instead. So, fairly negative.

However, after taking part in them (and I have done a bunch of them now), I think these CB Drafts are a lot of fun. If you are a general NBA fan as well as a Celtics fan, it's a great place. Definitely worth taking part in. I think these drafts have the best general NBA talk on the forum. Lots of debate about how good players are and how they combine with other players, how to build and create teams. Lots of good interesting ideas and debates. So if you like that type of stuff, the CB Drafts are fantastic.

I'm with Who on this, lots of good, general, NBA talk and I really enjoy those with a historical twist. I love the discussions when they flow through some of my favorite NBA years 70's-90's.

I do think there should have been an additional poll option though. I love to follow these but at this time that's all I have time for so I don't participate in any other than the DKC which I do plan on sticking with for the long haul.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 12:02:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think they can dominate the latest forum topic list too much.  It would be nice if the threads weren't in ALL CAPS.  They'd be easier to ignore that way.

It'd be nice if they only showed up as one thread in Latest Topics somehow.  Maybe if it linked to the Pick 2 subforum instead of each individual thread.  Don't know if that's possible though.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I participate regularly AND they annoy the hell out of me.

Huh, no place to vote that particular POV.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
There's too many of them.  I love most of the concepts but I think maybe some sort of rotation should be established to minimize overlap.  Perhaps making some of the drafts every other year rather than every year.  That also gives you more time to try and remain fresh in terms of establishing new rules or changes.  More time in between to think things over.  For example, rotate the Pick 2 & Historical drafts every other year.  CB Draft is a tough one to call since that one really is the Wrestlemania of drafts. 

The draft stuff definitely clogs up the "Latest Forum Topics".  Also, since this DKC thing is year round, there really should be a moratorium placed on that league during other drafts so you don't have two things hitting "Latest Forum Topics" at the same time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I don't participate, and ignore them. They don't bother me.

But, i would like it if they didn't overlap, and better yet if they were more spread out and took advantage of dead parts of the season, or even off season.