Author Topic: Pick A Player Total Yards Game  (Read 516953 times)

Re: Pick A Player Total Yards Game
« Reply #1170 on: September 07, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I think in the past it has been the player and not just the position, Ronaldo943, but I am not sure.  If someone notices in time, they usually post a notice of someone not playing so that you can change your pick, but ultimately it is your responsibility to catch it. I didn't see it in the rules, but it is probably there...check 'em and see...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1171 on: September 07, 2014, 09:09:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
He hasn't looked good - yet.

But I'm not sleeping on our QB:

GreenFaith1819 - Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins:
wanted to take him (if for no other reason than being a Skins fan) but he hasn't looked good and they're against a good defensive team
Skins stunk but RGIII did pretty well -- I should have kept the 'faith' GF.

« Reply #1172 on: September 07, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I can't believe wdleehi took my binkie. Matt Ryan was my go to guy for the first 5 games of last season and would have been my first this season. :( ;D

« Reply #1173 on: September 07, 2014, 09:48:47 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think in the past it has been the player and not just the position, Ronaldo943, but I am not sure.  If someone notices in time, they usually post a notice of someone not playing so that you can change your pick, but ultimately it is your responsibility to catch it. I didn't see it in the rules, but it is probably there...check 'em and see...
Yes, that's correct ... I've been victim of it myself, in all three PAP versions, (a couple of times in the playoffs!).

There are no defaults and it is everyone's responsibility to change their pick if their original player is not playing for whatever reason. Sorry, Ronaldo. :(

I think I did it last season ...
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1174 on: September 07, 2014, 09:56:21 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Yes, that's correct ... I've been victim of it myself, in all three PAP versions, (a couple of times in the playoffs!).

There are no defaults and it is everyone's responsibility to change their pick if their original player is not playing for whatever reason. Sorry, Ronaldo. :(

That's fine. Can we just pretend like I didn't make any picks this week? (Don't want to go into week 2 with 1 game played and all 0 stats.) ;D

« Reply #1175 on: September 08, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I can't believe wdleehi took my binkie. Matt Ryan was my go to guy for the first 5 games of last season and would have been my first this season. :( ;D

Sorry.  At the time, I figured of the QBs left, he was the one most likely to be in a shoot out.

If it makes you feel better, I probably will not be able to pick him again for a few weeks.  (I believe in my Giant's defense)

« Reply #1176 on: September 08, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

That's fine. Can we just pretend like I didn't make any picks this week? (Don't want to go into week 2 with 1 game played and all 0 stats.) ;D
Sorry, my man, but the rules are pretty much in keeping with the other PAP games, and if someone makes a pick we can't pretend they didn't to make their percentage higher in the long run. Trust me I wish I COULD, but I had to give MYSELF a zero last year (or the year before) for the same reason, so I don't ask anything that I'm not applying to myself as well. I ended up in the finals last year despite the zero, so I wouldn't get too discouraged about it ... you can make up that difference in just a couple of weeks.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1177 on: September 08, 2014, 11:02:24 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It's not really going to affect your bottom line anyway, Ronaldo, just you per game percentage, as it's total yards that determine your seeding at the end of the regular season.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1178 on: September 08, 2014, 11:54:19 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
For what it's worth, (and for those who didn't play because they may have thought there were no good picks left), there were six QBs who weren't picked that ended up with over 300 yards of offense ... four with over 350.

There were only three who were picked that totalled over 300 yards.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1179 on: September 09, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

* PAPTYG 2014 *

Pick-A-Player-Total-Yards-Game

Week Twoe / Game Two

( Any game 9/9 - 9/15 )

Bahku - Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints:

** Welcome to week two of the fourth season of Pick-A-Player-Total-Yards-Game 2014! Most of our regulars back last week and twelve over all, but it would be nice to see us reel in a couple more this year, so please join us if you haven't yet. There were SIX QBs not picked last week that ended up with over 300 yards, so many good choices left, even after twelve players were picked, and we'd LOVE to have you with us! TPs for any who join, many more TPs for the winners each week, and CB bragging rights for the champ come January! If you know how to copy-and-paste your pick to this form it is much appreciated, but if not, no worries, just post your pick and we'll add you to the list. A couple of the links below may need updating, so give me a couple of days to do so ... most are still valid. Football is here!! GO PATRIOTS!! **

PAPTYG Rules

NFL Player Index

Player Stats By Position

NFL Home Page

New England Patriots Home Page

NFL Schedule & Results

NFL Daily Injury Updates

Play Baseball Version Now

You can play, too!

** There's room for many more players folks, and it's a long season ... please join us, it's a great game, and it's never too late to jump in! You don't need to know much about football, just use the third link provided above to find out who the current "hot" QBs are, then add your screen-name and your pick to our list ... that's it! It takes very little time ... try it, you'll like it! (TP's for anyone who joins) **

:)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1180 on: September 09, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

* PAPTYG 2014 *

Week Two / Game Two

( Any game 9/9 - 9/15 )

slamtheking - Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos

** Welcome to week two of the fourth season of Pick-A-Player-Total-Yards-Game 2014! Most of our regulars back last week and twelve over all, but it would be nice to see us reel in a couple more this year, so please join us if you haven't yet. There were SIX QBs not picked last week that ended up with over 300 yards, so many good choices left, even after twelve players were picked, and we'd LOVE to have you with us! TPs for any who join, many more TPs for the winners each week, and CB bragging rights for the champ come January! If you know how to copy-and-paste your pick to this form it is much appreciated, but if not, no worries, just post your pick and we'll add you to the list. A couple of the links below may need updating, so give me a couple of days to do so ... most are still valid. Football is here!! GO REDSKINS **

PAPTYG Rules

NFL Player Index

Player Stats By Position

NFL Home Page

NFL Schedule & Results

NFL Daily Injury Updates

You can play, too!

** There's room for many more players folks, and it's a long season ... please join us, it's a great game, and it's never too late to jump in! You don't need to know much about football, just use the third link provided above to find out who the current "hot" QBs are, then add your screen-name and your pick to our list ... that's it! It takes very little time ... try it, you'll like it! (TP's for anyone who joins) **

« Reply #1181 on: September 09, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Roy H. - Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1182 on: September 09, 2014, 10:44:25 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Give me Matt Ryan. ;D Thanks!

« Reply #1183 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

* PAPTYG 2014 *

Week Two / Game Two

( Any game 9/9 - 9/15 )

slamtheking - Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos:
Roy H. - Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts:
ronaldo943 - Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons:
33-00-32 - Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions:

** Welcome to week two of the fourth season of Pick-A-Player-Total-Yards-Game 2014! Most of our regulars back last week and twelve over all, but it would be nice to see us reel in a couple more this year, so please join us if you haven't yet. There were SIX QBs not picked last week that ended up with over 300 yards, so many good choices left, even after twelve players were picked, and we'd LOVE to have you with us! TPs for any who join, many more TPs for the winners each week, and CB bragging rights for the champ come January! If you know how to copy-and-paste your pick to this form it is much appreciated, but if not, no worries, just post your pick and we'll add you to the list. A couple of the links below may need updating, so give me a couple of days to do so ... most are still valid. Football is here!! GO REDSKINS **

PAPTYG Rules

NFL Player Index

Player Stats By Position

NFL Home Page

NFL Schedule & Results

NFL Daily Injury Updates

You can play, too!

G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #1184 on: September 09, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I will take Cam Newton.   He is suppose to be back, yes?