Author Topic: Coronavirus and Pro/NCAA Sports; Marcus Smart tests positive  (Read 203706 times)

Re: Coronavirus and Pro/NCAA Sports; Marcus Smart tests positive
« Reply #420 on: April 01, 2020, 10:21:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Typical Jeremy Jacob ultra cheap crap.
 https://mobile.twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/status/1242879258210467846?s=19

Joe Haggerty
@HackswithHaggs
·
5h
Jeremy Jacobs is worth almost $4 billion. Bruins were last NHL team to offer up any help to their employees and among 1st to make cuts (68 full-timers on temporary leave and 82 full-timers with indefinite salary reductions) w/both the Bruins and TD Garden. No defending any of it

some of the richest people in the world are some of the stingiest

Also he and his family maybe worth 4 billion but I doubt most of it is liquid

« Reply #421 on: April 03, 2020, 12:49:24 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The NBA is exploring the feasibility of holding its entire playoffs in Las Vegas, according to sources who spoke with Sports Illustrated.

The NBA has held its Summer League in Las Vegas since 2004, which has led the league to have relationships with hotels and arenas in the city.

With quarantining the players and staff in one location being the only current viable solution for playing games, Las Vegas is the only city the NBA is currently seriously considering.

“We all want to play. But we all know we can’t play until things are dramatically different,” said one high ranking executive from a playoff team.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/04/02/nba-exploring-las-vegas-for-playoffs-coronavirus

« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2020, 08:48:20 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I haven't been to ESPN.com for maybe a couple weeks, but went there this morning and found a couple of great articles. Here is one detailing the financial implications of Covid-19 on the NBA moving forward:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29007907/the-nba-big-financial-questions-comes-next

And here is one discussing the viability of MLB's idea of an Arizona only opening of the league with no fans:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29017716/too-much-iron-players-say-mlb-arizona-plan

Both are excellent reads.

« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2020, 10:28:30 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Completely random, but waking up today it hit me: Tom Brady is on another team, Mookie Betts is on another team, Chara might have potentially played his last NHL game of his career and we didn't know at the time. Ouch.

Also, the NHL playoffs would have begun yesterday if the season was continuing. NBA would start very soon too.  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2020, 03:53:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
KAT's mother has passed away from coronavirus. Terribly sad news.

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1249782924808867842

« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2020, 04:54:11 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

My condolences. Just a grim reminder to us all that nobody is safe.

They must cancel the season. Protect the players and players families man.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2020, 05:32:06 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

My condolences. Just a grim reminder to us all that nobody is safe.

They must cancel the season. Protect the players and players families man.

Exactly what I was going to say.

RIP to KAT's mom  :(

I'm still reminded of KAT's IG post and how emotional he was. Very sad.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2020, 09:34:31 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The Mayor of Orange County, where WWE films in Orlando, kept trying to shut down the WWE tapings as they violated the state coronavirus executive order. But then, WWE was made an essential business in Florida by Gov. Ron De Santis.

In what I am sure is just a coincidence ::), Linda McMahon, the United States current Administrator of the Small Business Administration appointed by Trump and also Vince McMahon's wife, Vince being the owner of WWE, had her pro-Trump Super PAC donate $18.5 million to Florida on the same day De Santis deemed WWE essential.

By being deemed essential, WWE can continue to put on live shows which was critical to WWE since their two $1 billion contracts with USA and Fox could have been cancelled or modified if the WWE put on more than three weeks of taped programming instead of live programming  in one year. The classification to being essential definitely save WWE at least $200 million and quite possibly much, much more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.themix.net/2020/04/wwe-gives-18-5-million-to-super-pac-now-called-essential-service/amp/

« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2020, 09:43:45 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Mayor of Orange County, where WWE films in Orlando, kept trying to shut down the WWE tapings as they violated the state coronavirus executive order. But then, WWE was made an essential business in Florida by Gov. Ron De Santis.

In what I am sure is just a coincidence ::), Linda McMahon, the United States current Administrator of the Small Business Administration appointed by Trump and also Vince McMahon's wife, Vince being the owner of WWE, had her pro-Trump Super PAC donate $18.5 million to Florida on the same day De Santis deemed WWE essential.

By being deemed essential, WWE can continue to put on live shows which was critical to WWE since their two $1 billion contracts with USA and Fox could have been cancelled or modified if the WWE put on more than three weeks of taped programming instead of live programming  in one year. The classification to being essential definitely save WWE at least $200 million and quite possibly much, much more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.themix.net/2020/04/wwe-gives-18-5-million-to-super-pac-now-called-essential-service/amp/

Florida seems to be led by the dumbest people in the world.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

A couple of different television stations in the Tampa area have regular segments in their news broadcasts that are, literally, "Stories that only happen in Florida" where they tell a story of completely stupid people doing completely stupid things. I think Twitter has a site dedicated to these type of stories too.

So it's not just their leaders. Lol.

« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2020, 10:30:48 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

A couple of different television stations in the Tampa area have regular segments in their news broadcasts that are, literally, "Stories that only happen in Florida" where they tell a story of completely stupid people doing completely stupid things. I think Twitter has a site dedicated to these type of stories too.

or, you might stop by this SoSH thread on florida....

https://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/florida.1407/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

or, you might stop by this SoSH thread on florida....

https://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/florida.1407/

Florida Man is a good Twitter follow.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #432 on: April 15, 2020, 11:55:59 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Lol at all the cold weather people trashing on Florida. I lived in NH/Boston for 30 years and moved to FL 10 years ago and it was by far the best decision of my life. Of course there are always going to be individuals who do stupid things - it happens everywhere and FL definitely has some winners (it's a big state) - but the northeast bias against FL is hilarious. Everybody thinks that FL is full of people like Carole Baskin and Grady Judd when that has not been my experience at all. It certainly is more diverse than New England, but that has only helped me grow as a person.

« Reply #433 on: April 15, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Lol at all the cold weather people trashing on Florida. I lived in NH/Boston for 30 years and moved to FL 10 years ago and it was by far the best decision of my life. Of course there are always going to be individuals who do stupid things - it happens everywhere and FL definitely has some winners (it's a big state) - but the northeast bias against FL is hilarious. Everybody thinks that FL is full of people like Carole Baskin and Grady Judd when that has not been my experience at all. It certainly is more diverse than New England, but that has only helped me grow as a person.
Lived in St Petersburg for 5 years. Loved it. I will most likely moving back after my dad passes and Covid is over. St Petersburg is just the best little city ever and St Pete Beach is my favorite place on Earth.

That said, the off the coast people, are just wow!!! Some real....interesting people live in the interior.

« Reply #434 on: April 15, 2020, 02:34:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i dont live in the NE and i am not in a cold weather area. i guess the reasoning by posters may be more complex than you propose.

p.s. i used to live in florida.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva