Author Topic: 2020 Mock Draft 1ish month out  (Read 20613 times)

Re: 2020 Mock Draft 1ish month out
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2020, 04:42:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
My mock  v1 w/trades

1. Minnesota Timberwolves: LaMelo Ball
2. Golden State Warriors: Deni Avdija
3. Charlotte Hornets: James Wiseman
4. Chicago Bulls: Killian Hayes
5. Cleveland Cavaliers: Okongwu
6. Atlanta Hawks: Anthony Edwards
7. Detroit Pistons: Tyrese Halibuton
8. New York Knicks: Tyrese Maxey
9. Washington Wizards: Isaac Okoro
10. Phoenix Suns:  Devin Vassell
11. San Antonio Spurs: Patrick Williams
12. Sacramento Kings: Obi Toppin
13. New Orleans Pelicans: Kira Lewis Jr.
* 14. Philadelphia 76ers:  Tyrell Terry 
15. Orlando Magic: RJ Hampton
16. Portland Trailblazers: Saddiq Bey
17. Minnesota Timberwolves: Precious Achiuwa
18. Dallas Mavericks:  Josh Green
19. Brooklyn Nets: Aaron Nesmith
20. Miami Heat:  Desmond Bane
*21. Boston Celtics: Xavier Tillman
22. Denver Nuggets: Jalen Smith
23. Utah Jazz: Aleksej Pokusevski
24. Milwaukee Bucks: Mason Jones
25. Oklahoma City Thunder: Cole Anthony
*26. Oklahoma City Thunder: Paul Reed
27. New York Knicks:  Jaden McDaniels
28. Los Angeles Lakers: Isaiah Joe
29. Toronto Raptors:  Zeke Naji
30. Boston Celtics: Immanuel Quickley
31. Mavs: Robert Woodward
32. Hornets: Jay Scrubb
33. Wolves: Nate Hinton
*34. Celtics: Lamar Stevens
35. Kings: Grant Riller
*36. Celtics: Killian Tillie

Trades
To 76ers: 14th pick, 47th pick, Carsen Edwards
To Celts:  21st, 34th, 36th picks

To OKC: 26th pick
To Celtics: 2021 1st (Heat)
Edwards at 6? What makes you think he'll fall so far?

Edwards is trigger happy but not an efficient scorer and shot below 30 percent in 3s.   The Dion Waiters comparison have some merit.   His focus on defense was also suspect. 

The other aspects of his game are pretty decent but if he can't be that "scorer"....well at the end of the day you have a 6'4 inefficient SG

LaMelo ball is what 6'7, 6'8 guard what is probably the best and flashiest passer of the draft.  Due to height, creativity and bbiq he can connect passes only a few can.   His ability to rebound and fast break on his own, is Ben Simmonish.   Unlike his brother Lonzo, has a better jump shot.  Defense has been suspect throughout his career, but due to size... there is versatility potential

There has been no rumors attaching Edwards to GSW.  Lots of rumors flying that they dig Avdija.   Wiseman to Hornets make a lot of sense since Zeller, Biyombo are on their way out by end of next season.   Bulls already have Lavine as their SG and don't need another ball hog.  Cavs already have Sexton/Garland  and are looking thin upfront.   But Okoro and Edwards are also options
I just don't know if I get it. Timberwolves have a point guard already, and Lonzo Ball has much more serious shooting concerns than Edwards (lower shooting percentages across the board)

LaMelo and Russell can coexist.  Russell is a hybrid guard.   At least the ball will be shared between Russell, Ball, KAT etc

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 04:47:57 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2020, 04:50:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
My mock  v1 w/trades

Trades

Edwards is trigger happy but not an efficient scorer and shot below 30 percent in 3s.   The Dion Waiters comparison have some merit.   His focus on defense was also suspect. 

The other aspects of his game are pretty decent but if he can't be that "scorer"....well at the end of the day you have a 6'4 inefficient SG

LaMelo ball is what 6'7, 6'8 guard what is probably the best and flashiest passer of the draft.  Due to height, creativity and bbiq he can connect passes only a few can.   His ability to rebound and fast break on his own, is Ben Simmonish.   Unlike his brother Lonzo, has a better jump shot.  Defense has been suspect throughout his career, but due to size... there is versatility potential

There has been no rumors attaching Edwards to GSW.  Lots of rumors flying that they dig Avdija.   Wiseman to Hornets make a lot of sense since Zeller, Biyombo are on their way out by end of next season.   Bulls already have Lavine as their SG and don't need another ball hog.  Cavs already have Sexton/Garland  and are looking thin upfront.   But Okoro and Edwards are also options
I just don't know if I get it. Timberwolves have a point guard already, and Lonzo Ball has much more serious shooting concerns than Edwards (lower shooting percentages across the board)

It can't get much worse than shooting below 30 percent in 3s and low 40s in FG percentage overall (Edwards). To add insult, he is trigger happy.   Its like he has Antoine Walker syndrome

LaMelo and Russell can coexist.  Russell is a hybrid guard.   At least the ball will be shared between Russell, Ball, KAT etc
38% from the field and 25% from the three, averaging nearly 7 3PA per game in 40 minute games, and worse FT shooting That's trigger happy and less efficient than Edwards.

I just personally think wing scoring is more of an issue than playmaking for Minny
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2020, 04:53:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
At the end of the day this a weak draft at the top end.  And flattens out after about 10 until the 40-45th pick.  Which is good for teams picking in this range

I have seen some mocks have Avdija going #1. And I wouldn't be surprise by this.   I just have Ball a tick higher due to elite passing ability, ball handling and finish around the rim.  There is some Ben Simmons type game there (minus the great athleticism). 

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2020, 04:59:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
My mock  v1 w/trades

Trades

It can't get much worse than shooting below 30 percent in 3s and low 40s in FG percentage overall (Edwards). To add insult, he is trigger happy.   Its like he has Antoine Walker syndrome

38% from the field and 25% from the three, averaging nearly 7 3PA per game in 40 minute games, and worse FT shooting That's trigger happy and less efficient than Edwards.

I just personally think wing scoring is more of an issue than playmaking for Minny

They already have Culver, Okogie... but its not even that

Edwards is an inefficient scorer.  I would understand if he was efficient.... the risk is,  can he tighten up his game on both ends??

Will he start chucking up excessive shots, upsetting KAt/Russell and the other members of the team?   

It would be better for the Wolves to draft Ball or Avdija imo.  You would help make everyone else better on the team/activate the other recent years 1st round picks.    Wolves need help, especially playing as a team.

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2020, 09:25:01 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
At the end of the day this a weak draft at the top end.  And flattens out after about 10 until the 40-45th pick.  Which is good for teams picking in this range

I have seen some mocks have Avdija going #1. And I wouldn't be surprise by this.   I just have Ball a tick higher due to elite passing ability, ball handling and finish around the rim.  There is some Ben Simmons type game there (minus the great athleticism).

My prediction is that we will see Wiseman and Edwards go in the top 3 and Ball in the top 5 but all 3 will likely be acquired via trade. With all 3 "top prospects" possessing relatively flawed games I think we will see team targeting them in lower then normal cost trade ups. With Avdija and Haliburton I could see either of them or even both become safety net picks GS if they just can't find a trade partner and need to make a pick.

I think we see the teams drafting 4-12 drive this draft with their willingness to move up or out of the lottery. If one of those teams wants Edwards or Ball and has any sort of attractive trade-able assets I think they get them.

Teams I can see making a move for Edwards: ATL, Cavs, Pistons, Kings

Teams I can see making a move for Ball: Cavs, Knicks, Detriot   

Another trade wrinkle in this draft could be built around Toppin and the teams who are rumored to love him. Chad Ford mentioned in his Pod that he knows of a team that has him #2 on their board. With that I wouldn't be surprised if we see a team trade up to target Toppin.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:32:32 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

My prediction is that we will see Wiseman and Edwards go in the top 3 and Ball in the top 5 but all 3 will likely be acquired via trade. With all 3 "top prospects" possessing relatively flawed games I think we will see team targeting them in lower then normal cost trade ups. With Avdija and Haliburton I could see either of them or even both become safety net picks GS if they just can't find a trade partner and need to make a pick.

I think we see the teams drafting 4-12 drive this draft with their willingness to move up or out of the lottery. If one of those teams wants Edwards or Ball and has any sort of attractive trade-able assets I think they get them.

Teams I can see making a move for Edwards: ATL, Cavs, Pistons, Kings

Teams I can see making a move for Ball: Cavs, Knicks, Detriot   

Another trade wrinkle in this draft could be built around Toppin and the teams who are rumored to love him. Chad Ford mentioned in his Pod that he knows of a team that has him #2 on their board. With that I wouldn't be surprised if we see a team trade up to target Toppin.

Agree on those teams that could trade up for Edwards and Ball. Plus Wolves/GSW still able to to get the player they want a few spots down

Toppin would fit in the Rockets/D'antoni type system. More worried about offense, fast breaks, free flowing offense. Zone D

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
My mock  v1 w/trades

1. Minnesota Timberwolves: Lonzo Ball

Trades

Lonzo Ball #1 would be a shocker.   :o

The trade with the Sixers is bad.  We don't need more picks this draft and I'd much prefer drafting Terry or Bane over Tillman. 

The 2nd trade isn't possible as stated.  OKC keeps the best two of their own, Miami's and Houston's with Houston's being top 4 protected.  So OKC would have to trade the worst of the two picks they get.  In any case, I can't see OKC making this trade and certainly not for Paul Reed who is mocked to go in the 2nd round.

I agree, more picks, unless future, is not what is needed.  I think the C's try to get up to the 7 range.  Detroit could use players!  14/26/47 might get that based on points.  Even if I ahd to give all three ones to get up to 7 for Haliburton or Okungwu, I would do that.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2020, 03:03:05 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
I really love Haliburton in this draft. Ideal type of Point Guard for this team.

Heady player, smart team defender, great passing ability. Hits the three. Can play either guard spot.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2020, 03:29:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I really love Haliburton in this draft. Ideal type of Point Guard for this team.

Heady player, smart team defender, great passing ability. Hits the three. Can play either guard spot.

I feel like unless the Pistons really want him,  the Celts could obtain him by trading the 14 + 26 + 47

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm confident that whoever Danny takes, it'll be somebody that we've barely considered.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I see hayward kanter poirier green wannamaker ojeleje edwards and maybe theis leaving..
If get 2 3 guys via trade and 2 3 more from free agency Ithere will still be at least 3 spors open..
The draft is deep.. we don't need older players... but better  players
If you get turner Teague giles j. Jackson and Trier you still have 3 spots free
Keep the picks Halliburton is not much better than kira lewis or terry

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm confident that whoever Danny takes, it'll be somebody that we've barely considered.

Like Romeo and Grant last draft??

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2020, 02:32:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
[Chad Ford] "Team are a little afraid to draft Edwards and might be even more afraid to trade assets for him..."
Chad Ford and John Hollinger talked about upcoming draft on Chad Ford's NBA BIG Board podcast Ep. 25 and both agreed that "teams are a little afraid to draft Edwards and might be even more afraid to trade assets for him". I find this very interesting. If the Timberwolves really are trying hard to trade the 1st pick, maybe their best shot is to pick Ball and try to trade him after the draft, if no agreement is reached before November 18th?

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
On NBAdraft.com, they have Wiseman dropping all the way to the 9th pick for the Wizards. I know it's only one mock draft, but if his stock really did plummet that far, I'm getting Detroit and New York on the phone immediately for the 7th and 8th pick.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2020, 02:56:47 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
On NBAdraft.com, they have Wiseman dropping all the way to the 9th pick for the Wizards. I know it's only one mock draft, but if his stock really did plummet that far, I'm getting Detroit and New York on the phone immediately for the 7th and 8th pick.

Top of the draft is a real crapshoot. But I cannot see how Wiseman ever drops that far.

Elite size, elite athleticism, much improved offense.

He is Chris Bosh with Dwight Howards body.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic