Author Topic: What does Marcus Morris next contract look like?  (Read 5802 times)

What does Marcus Morris next contract look like?
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:39:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
His best season so far

Definitely has at least doubled his current salary

But can he get more?

I wish there was a way Celts could keep him

Re: What does Marcus Morris next contract look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:45:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I asked this earlier. I don’t think we would be able to use our MLE on him, I think his market has risen to the 15k mark at least, taking into account his age
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 09:58:31 PM »

Offline daddytxus

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
I may be wrong but I thought we have his Bird Rights and we can offer him more than just the Mid Level Exception... It all may depend on how deep into the luxury we want to go?. In my mind, He deserves at leats the 13mill that our other Marcus is making!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 10:06:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if he plays at this level the rest of the season, he's probably looking at around $18 mill per year on a 3 year deal.  before this season,  was probably looking at 10-12

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 10:19:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
While Morris probably deserves to get paid, I don't think his market will be quite as robust as we are all thinking/worrying. I doubt a young team is going to want to give him big money to come in and shoot away at the expense of their blue chip prospects and contending teams won't be able to offer more than the MLE.

I suppose a middling team could give him a middling contract in the low-mid teens over a couple of years, but I am not sure what that will get them. Morris is a known quantity and his best years are likely not ahead of him. There is no potential to be had, but solid production and a tough mindset might be a sell to a few teams.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 10:29:15 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Morris is at his peak i believe and would likely cash in this coming off season. Hope we can give him a nice parting Ring as a gift.

If not he will weigh his options heavily...shall he go for a championship ( boston )  or shall he follow the brinks truck possibly with teams like Philly, Clippers or even Fakers, teams with capspace that can contend is where I believe he will go... not many are those and ofcourse, those teams will go hard after a superstar first.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 10:49:04 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I asked this earlier. I don’t think we would be able to use our MLE on him, I think his market has risen to the 15k mark at least, taking into account his age

We have his Bird rights, so we can go above the MLE to resign him.

I’d be happy with a 3/$45M contract, he’s been playing great.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 11:13:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yeah, I agree a nice $15 million a year for 3 years to stay in Boston where he loves it and can gather a few rings sounds good.

My suggestion to avoiding the tax is have Horford opt out and sign a 4 year deal at considerably less per year and allocated that savings to paying Mook and some to offset Kyrie's contract. Horford should take it and try to retire a Celtic and get the rings he so richly deserves.

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 11:27:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yeah, I agree a nice $15 million a year for 3 years to stay in Boston where he loves it and can gather a few rings sounds good.

My suggestion to avoiding the tax is have Horford opt out and sign a 4 year deal at considerably less per year and allocated that savings to paying Mook and some to offset Kyrie's contract. Horford should take it and try to retire a Celtic and get the rings he so richly deserves.

Then how are you going to afford to pay Brown, Scary?

Horford cant be brought back ...

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 11:43:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Then how are you going to afford to pay Brown, Scary?

Horford cant be brought back ...
Brown we can afford, because he really shouldn’t be demanding an immediate max contract. I also think we have little intention of paying TRoz what he’ll likely command
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 12:09:04 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It depends on the market and what Kyrie does but Danny Ainge's history suggests we won't be the ones to pay Marcus. He's earning himself a nice payday from New Orleans or Sacramento or whoever though.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

It depends on the market and what Kyrie does but Danny Ainge's history suggests we won't be the ones to pay Marcus. He's earning himself a nice payday from New Orleans or Sacramento or whoever though.

and you have to extend Kyrie also

you can't keep everyone

Don't extend Horford after his option and sign 3 players with the money you save.   Give more mins to Robert Williams, who has looked impressive so far

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 11:20:26 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Mid-level

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Mid-level
Not only would I be willing to wager he gets a contract higher than the mid-level exemption but I would also wager he gets a bigger contract than Marcus Smart got last year.