Author Topic: Avery Bradley bias  (Read 4994 times)

Avery Bradley bias
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:45:05 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
For years I have been disappointing by the clear and unfair bias against Avery Bradley on this forum.

When one of our guys goes on a great streak, everybody starts getting hyper excited. I've seen people go crazy over Sully early in the season, and when he goes through bad stretches so many people still stick by him.

I've seen guys go gaga over Crowder, and even if he's struggling offensively and turning the ball over at historical rate...people just excuse it and say "it's ok, because his defense is great". 

Every time Smart has a great game there are 3 or 4 "Smart will be an All Star" threads that pop up, talking about how amazing Smart is going to be.

Amir Johnson has a few big games, and people are all like "Amir Johnson - DPOTY?!?!?!".

Yet with Avery Bradley, he never gets any of that love. 

When he has a great game, nobody says a word.  When he goes on a 10 point scoring flurry in the 4th quarter to bring us back in a game, nobody praises him.  When he plays dominant defense for an entire game, nobody says a word.  But the instant he gets one turnover, the hate pours in like molten lava from a volcano. 

Do you guys know that over the past 5 games (since returning from Injury) Bradley is averaging 20.2 PPG (on 53% FG and 52% 3PT) in only 28 MPG?  That's about 26 Points Per 36 Minutes.

Do you know that his +/- scores in those 5 games have been:
+22
+16
+7
+18

Do you know that so far today, he has a game high 22 points (9-15 FG, 4-7 3PT ) in 21 minutes, and it's barely past half time?

For the season he is now averaging per 36 minute stats of 18.9 points, 2.8 assists, 3.9 rebounds and 1.8 steals to go with only 1.7 tunrnovers and 2.8 fouls.  He's also shooting 46% FG and 43% from three.

Yet I'm looking here, and not a single thread about how well Bradley is playing lately.  Not a single mention of just how well this 25 year old kid is right now, not a single shot of appreciation for what he has been doing.

The only one popping up is one from weeks ago, in which people are still mocking the idea of him becoming an All-Star.

I think it's sad, so I want to take this opportunity to give credit where it's due and say thank you, Avery Bradley, for all you do.

Re: Avery Bradley bias
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:53:06 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yep. CB posters always ask who Boston's "Khris Middleton" will be this year. AB is that player.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Because the moment you start an AB appreciative thread..he will be jinxed and will play poorly the next 4 games...so i suggest lets just enjoy his performance and hope you dont jinx his next game if he goes 3-15 or somthing ;D

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Because the moment you start an AB appreciative thread..he will be jinxed and will play poorly the next 4 games...so i suggest lets just enjoy his performance and hope you dont jinx his next game if he goes 3-15 or somthing ;D

Doesn't seem to stop the guys who post Sully / Smart / Crowder threads (which tend to lead to the same result) lol

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Exactly...look at where Smart is right now

SULLY has not had a double double since a thread popped how good he has been during the streak

And dont start on Crowder because he has not had more than 2 steals since being praised as a steals leader and a DPOY candidate....

There was also an Amir appreciation thread right after he scored 19 points and a double digit rebound effort but since then he has been atrocious.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 11:07:17 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

SULLY has not had a double double since a thread popped how good he has been during the streak

And dont start on Crowder because he has not had more than 2 steals since being praised as a steals leader and a DPOY candidate....

There was also an Amir appreciation thread right after he scored 19 points and a double digit rebound effort but since then he has been atrocious.

LOL I'm telling you guys, they read the threads, they believe their hype. AB won't score more than 10 for a month b/c of this thread.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

LOL I'm telling you guys, they read the threads, they believe their hype. AB won't score more than 10 for a month b/c of this thread.

My bad :(

But if that's true then we have already ruined Smart, Crowder, Sully and Bradley.

Oh, and Thomas (there have been a few threads about him being an All-Star potentially).

If we ruin all those guys, then we should compete with the Nets, Sixers and Lakers and hopefully get TWO bottom 5 picks!! :P

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Amen. Posted in the game thread earlier that I wonder what his ceiling is. The guy quietly improves every single year. His ball-handling is noticeably better. His shooting is clearly better. And he turns just 25 this week. Makes me wonder what his ceiling is.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:27:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
AB is underrated.

Hes a very good player, hustle, 3 and D, with above average perimeter defense. He doesn't get enough credit, and I do agree with that. I've been highly critical of him, but its hard to dislike anything about him. I like him being very aggressive, and hes also taking more 3's.

I feel like a team like OKC would be the perfect team for him. He can just get fed 3's, defend, and hustle while Westbrook and Durant do the scoring.

Yep. CB posters always ask who Boston's "Khris Middleton" will be this year. AB is that player.

Deal. AB for Middleton swap it is!

:)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 11:28:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Avery keeps getting better .....he is dedicated to being a Celtic and the organization to him it seems .

I can envision Avery as a certain Boston assistant coach one day . 

He stays very cool,  and calm under pressure .   Great demeanor .

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Amen. Posted in the game thread earlier that I wonder what his ceiling is. The guy quietly improves every single year. His ball-handling is noticeably better. His shooting is clearly better. And he turns just 25 this week. Makes me wonder what his ceiling is.

Eric Gordon that can defend, and at least stay some semblance of healthy.

They have also pretty eerily similar stats per 36 this year.

I would still like to keep Bradley. I don't see the point of trading him considering how cheap his contract is. If he improves this year, that's great, it'll only help boost his confidence and more trade opportunities.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 11:37:02 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
How about that game tonight by RJ? He should be our starting shooting guard next to Smart.

Just kidding about changing this into an RJ is better thread. 

Bradley has been playing like a top 50 player the past couple weeks. I wonder if he can keep this up tho.

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 11:37:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
AB is underrated.

Hes a very good player, hustle, 3 and D, with above average perimeter defense. He doesn't get enough credit, and I do agree with that. I've been highly critical of him, but its hard to dislike anything about him. I like him being very aggressive, and hes also taking more 3's.

I feel like a team like OKC would be the perfect team for him. He can just get fed 3's, defend, and hustle while Westbrook and Durant do the scoring.

Deal. AB for Middleton swap it is!

:)

I had this exact conversation with a friend the other day. OKC as a premiere fit for him.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 11:39:29 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
So the message you get for starting an AB appreciation thread is: shush, he might hear you, get a big head and negate the point of the thread. Hope CBS is not using this logic to prepare the team.

Seriously, always have been an AB fan. Think he is proving that he hadn't hit his ceiling in terms of improvement as many thought and suggested. He has been the most solid regular since the rebuild began, and useful in his early days. He overcame two operations that could have been much bigger setbacks. It is great to see him doing so well.

I hope AB is one we keep, over many of the other players who have been mentioned who are also good but as committed and consistent as AB. I would like to see him play with high calibre players in a contending team.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Avery's on a hot streak.  We've seen it before.  He's a very jumper reliant player.  When his jumper is falling like rain, you can see why he was considered a top shelf prospect once upon a time.  He just doesn't have enough in the other areas of his game to compensate when the jumper isn't falling.

I have been impressed by some of his drives this year, though.  He's improved in that area a bit, although it only shows up occasionally.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain