Author Topic: Smart out up to two rounds!  (Read 21705 times)

Re: Smart out up to two rounds!
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2019, 11:32:52 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Decent chance we've seen Marcus Smart play his last game as a Boston Celtic
That's almost upsetting...

That really bothers me...actually more than seeing Brown or Tatum go.

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2019, 08:30:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
is today technically the 2nd week or 3rd week of Smart's rehab?

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:45 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't see Danny or Brad parting with Smart at all.  He's the one guy who embodies what they want on the floor,  and is now capable of running the team the way they want while shooting better. He's literally become exactly what they want from a player.

No way that happens.

He's basically the only player they can completely trust out on the floor right now.

As far as being an extension of the way they want to play.

And you don't groom a guy like that for years to then turn around and make him the opposition on any team.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:46:02 AM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2019, 10:58:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't see Danny or Brad parting with Smart at all.  He's the one guy who embodies what they want on the floor,  and is now capable of running the team the way they want while shooting better. He's literally become exactly what they want from a player.

No way that happens.

He's basically the only player they can completely trust out on the floor right now.

And you don't groom a guy like that for years to then turn around and make him the opposition on any team.
Danny has no qualms on trading anyone. He would have traded Bird and McHale away if he was Red.

If New Orleans wants Tatum, Smart and picks for Davis, guess what? Smart is a Pelican. Ainge isn't going to nix a Davis trade for a top 5 player over including a role player in the trade.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:15:58 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2019, 11:12:52 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

No way that happens.

Lol. Danny would trade Marcus Smart in a heartbeat for Anthony Davis.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

No way that happens.

Smart has been my fav player since KG was traded.   If it meant landing AD adding Smart .  I m not blinking as i grab my pen to,sign that deal.   

Not even Dannys wife or kids are safe when it comes to a player like AD.   

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2019, 01:42:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
http://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1120739189446909952

Smart was running on the treadmill today at practice. He looks to be making tremendous improvements, which is great news after this past weekend when he said it would be a week or two before he could even start jogging again. Maybe he will be able to come back sometime during this series after all; it would only be fitting after doing the same thing last year against the Bucks!

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

No way that happens.

I would too and I love Marcus but if Smart is the hold up in the trade you pull the trigger.

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2019, 01:50:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Smart was running on the treadmill today at practice. He looks to be making tremendous improvements, which is great news after this past weekend when he said it would be a week or two before he could even start jogging again. Maybe he will be able to come back sometime during this series after all; it would only be fitting after doing the same thing last year against the Bucks!

http://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/1120745494144266241

Shooting jump shots (and actually jumping) now, too.

« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

NICE, TP!

« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2019, 01:56:35 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

NICE, TP!

This is awesome news!  If we are to get out of the East I think we'll need him.. and against a team like Golden State I believe we only have a chance if he's playing. 

« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2019, 02:07:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This is good news.

Yet why do I feel that we have gotten some addition by subtraction?  Rozier seems to have stepped up with more minutes. Ditto Brown, Hayward and Tatum.

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2019, 02:08:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Thanks for the news jpotter. Last week's comments seemed to be frustration more than anything else from Smart. Anybody who has had a non-serious, yet debilitating injury knows that it can feel like forever before you feel right again. Then, each morning you wake up you begin to feel better and better.

It is fantastic news that he is jogging and shooting jumpshots already. I would not be surprised if he is back for game 3 in Boston...but maybe I am just feeling hopeful. It sure will be great to get Smart back out there again...even though (as some of the posts above mention) DA would totally trade him in a deal for AD  ;)

« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2019, 02:11:06 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Thanks for the news jpotter. Last week's comments seemed to be frustration more than anything else from Smart. Anybody who has had a non-serious, yet debilitating injury knows that it can feel like forever before you feel right again. Then, each morning you wake up you begin to feel better and better.

It is fantastic news that he is jogging and shooting jumpshots already. I would not be surprised if he is back for game 3 in Boston...but maybe I am just feeling hopeful. It sure will be great to get Smart back out there again...even though (as some of the posts above mention) DA would totally trade him in a deal for AD  ;)

You took the words right out of my mouth!  I'd gladly take a split in the first 2 games, followed by a Marcus Smart return for game 3. 

« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Its nice to see him starting to get going, but I'd be surprised if we seem him this series. The start of the series is 3 weeks from his injury, so a 4-6 week timetable means even the most optimistic scenario has him back game 4.