Author Topic: Smart out up to two rounds!  (Read 21614 times)

Re: Smart out up to two rounds!
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:53 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
*sigh* so the fire brad threads are going to be a thing this off season if we don't win a title aren't they.

As there should be. Teams with lesser talent are playing better than Boston is.
Pleas name one.  I mean, we have ONE all star.

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2019, 11:06:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Too bad but next man up.

I'd start Jaylen and continue bringing GH off the bench.

Hold the fort until ECF and we'll get Smart back and roll into the Finals.

Team will be fine.

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2019, 01:38:01 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Where the injury is a torn oblique and not a bruised oblique, I wonder if the injury was going to happen at some point due to wear and tear on the oblique or if this happened due to an impact of some kind?

Is there anyone with medical knowledge that could possibly expand on that?
Given the energetic nature of the collision I think its just a fluke thing in this case, though as with most strains/tears the more fatigued/worn the athlete is the greater the chance it happens.

I've been wondering about his also. The collision that caused it didn't seem all that unusual. Perhaps the tear had already started while Smart was practicing summer-salts or some other acrobatic move he's been working on for the play-offs.

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2019, 12:04:34 PM »

Offline trodrigo

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
Just a shout out to all those naysayers when I said that the Cs should not play their starters in the last two meaningless games. Now our best defender and heart of the team, Marcus Smart, is out 4-6 weeks as a result of playing in the next to last meaningless regular season game. Do all of you who thought playing starters in meaningless games was a good idea still feel the same? I hope I'm wrong, but Smart being out could be the difference between winning and losing a playoff series. Anyone remember who shut down the Pacers' top scorer Bogdanovic? Marcus Smart. I know you can't predict when injuries will occur, but there also can be strategic planning and coaching, which for all the accolades donned upon Brad Stevens, and much of them deserved, this was a bad coaching decision which could cost us not winning the East and possibly a championship. Let's hope some of the other Cs can step up to take his place especially on D,

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2019, 12:34:06 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
Just a shout out to all those naysayers when I said that the Cs should not play their starters in the last two meaningless games. Now our best defender and heart of the team, Marcus Smart, is out 4-6 weeks as a result of playing in the next to last meaningless regular season game. Do all of you who thought playing starters in meaningless games was a good idea still feel the same? I hope I'm wrong, but Smart being out could be the difference between winning and losing a playoff series. Anyone remember who shut down the Pacers' top scorer Bogdanovic? Marcus Smart. I know you can't predict when injuries will occur, but there also can be strategic planning and coaching, which for all the accolades donned upon Brad Stevens, and much of them deserved, this was a bad coaching decision which could cost us not winning the East and possibly a championship. Let's hope some of the other Cs can step up to take his place especially on D,

HAHAHA

I told u so from a guy with 3 posts!

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2019, 12:44:28 PM »

Offline trodrigo

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
Maybe only 3 posts, but a die-hard Celtic fan for the last 60 years.

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2019, 12:57:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
It's Terry Time.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2019, 01:09:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's Terry Time.

Ladies and gentlemen, it turns out that Kamasi Washington is not available to perform for you tonight.  So sorry.  Unexpected illness.

But what we do have for you ...

KENNY G LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2019, 02:29:11 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

If we lose because we can't contain Bojan freaking Bogdonavic without Smart, I'll eat my hat.

Moving forward, it may be an issue, if he's not available for Milwaukee or beyond. But for Bogdonovic? Brown should be more than capable with his height, length, and athleticism to make it difficult for BB.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Please take a look at how many other coaches sat their starters last week (that were in the same situation).  The answer might be ZERO.

'ish happens.  Deal with it and move on.  Or perhaps from here on out we should hold our starters out practice, because you know, they might get hurt.

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2019, 03:22:23 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Please take a look at how many other coaches sat their starters last week (that were in the same situation).  The answer might be ZERO.

'ish happens.  Deal with it and move on.  Or perhaps from here on out we should hold our starters out practice, because you know, they might get hurt.

Steve Kerr actually played Durant and Klay for their own meaningless last game. Some players prefer to be regularly playing so they don't lose rhythm (like what happens to some players after the All Star break). Injuries suck but are a part of the game that have to be overcome by a good team.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2019, 01:06:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Decent chance we've seen Marcus Smart play his last game as a Boston Celtic

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2019, 01:41:12 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Disagree. Injuries can happen at any point. Opening night, Christmas Day, Game 1 of the playoffs, you name it.

If Brad doesn't play any starters in the Orlando game, they go into game 1 this Sunday without having played in 9 days.

They would've been out of rhythm and out of sync.

If you ask Marcus whether or not he should've been playing and whether it's Brad's fault, what do you think he would say?

Criticizing Brad for Smart is like being a Monday morning quarterback.

The starters already had the night off in Washington. Milwaukee clinched a playoff spot on March 1st. Should they have rested their starters since? I am sure the players would be thrilled having six weeks off, heading into the playoffs.

They wouldn't be able to shoot a basketball into the ocean.

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2019, 03:27:56 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

This. It is VERY important part of the playoffs. Rust and sharpness are legit factors why teams get booted out of the first round. Our team needed it as we havent been complete in a while. Coaches do not sit players to avoid injuries before the playoffs, they sit them for rest. Given the rust vs rest factor, resting them in their last game wouldve been enough, no need for 2.