Author Topic: Celtics interview list  (Read 49617 times)

Re: Celtics interview list
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2020, 11:30:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Added Cassius Stanley

Cool. Kid has got some real potential.
Javonte Green floor, unknown ceiling!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2020, 11:35:32 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Added Cassius Stanley

Yeah I found myself thinking about whether this kid could surpass Javonte, or how long it would take...  agree on the unknown ceiling...if he can score in different ways he could be quite good.

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Added Cassius Stanley

Yeah I found myself thinking about whether this kid could surpass Javonte, or how long it would take...  agree on the unknown ceiling...if he can score in different ways he could be quite good.

I think Stanley is a safe pick in the 30-40 range. Elite athlete who should be able to shoot 3s at a respectable %. I’ll be curious to see if he has added weight and retained explosiveness. Watching him play for Duke he really looks like a smaller version of Jaylen Brown. He is older for his class and this hurts his potential development but he fits the mold of a Cs pick.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:15:27 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2020, 04:09:23 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Literally, all these prospects are considered early 2nd rounders or late 1st rounders. Minus Terry who just started shooting up some mock drafts. Does this mean we have a trade planned with the 14th?
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2020, 04:15:38 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Literally, all these prospects are considered early 2nd rounders or late 1st rounders. Minus Terry who just started shooting up some mock drafts. Does this mean we have a trade planned with the 14th?

Couple of ways I look at this.

A. Ainge doesn't want to tip his hand at #14, he will bring targets in for in person meetings and keep it under wraps

B. Ainge already has a trade out trade lined up. I like the idea of something like #14+Poirier to Memphis for #40 and a lotto protected future 1st

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
As interviews are confirmed I will try to update this list

Tyrell Terry
Xavier Tillman
Desmond Bane
Tyshon Alexander
Jay Scrubb

I don’t follow college hoops much so I’m no expert but how I’m reading this list is like:
1. Carsen Edwards 2.0
2. Grant Williams 2.0
3. Semi Ojeleye but who hopefully won’t be a bust
4. 3D guy, not sure we have someone like him now
5. Power Javonte Green

Does that make any sense?

Nope

Tillman is 6'8.5 and can guard centers. Better ball handler and passer than Grant

Terry is a better ball handler, shooter and iq than Edwards. Edwards is not a pg but a short eddie house like sg
I wish Edwards was as good as House. Let's not forget how great House was as a PG depending on the system. If it was pace and space or using the PG as a spot up shooter House was the man. He was also the PG finishing off games the C's last championship year including playoffs.

Eddie averaged less than 8 mpg in those playoffs.  He played more than 15 minutes in 4 of the 21 games he appeared in.  He DNP in 5 of the games.  He was huge in Game 4 of the Finals when he played 24:34, the most he appeared in any game in those playoffs.   In the Finals, he did not play in Games 1 or 2 (both wins).  He 'finished off' Games 3 (loss), 4 (win) & 6 (blowout by 39 points).  He did technically finish Game 5 (loss) but was just subbed in for the last seconds as a shooter.  He wasn't in for most of the last half of the 4th.

Eddie was a useful, valuable player for us, but he really only had a few 'moments' in those playoffs and was otherwise sitting on the bench for most of it.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2020, 07:47:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I just saw this listing of players the Celtics have interviewed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-draft-celtics-reportedly-180924910.html

Here's that list of players who have "met" with the Celtics as of Tuesday, as reported by Grenham:

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Immanuel Quickley, G, Kentucky

Grant Riller, G, College of Charleston

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Jay Scrubb, G, John A. Logan College

Daniel Oturu, F, Minnesota

Killian Tillie, F, Gonzaga

Payton Pritchard, G, Oregon

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Xavier Tillman, F, Michigan State

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

Tyrell Terry, G, Stanford
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2020, 08:34:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

A. Ainge doesn't want to tip his hand at #14, he will bring targets in for in person meetings and keep it under wraps

B. Ainge already has a trade out trade lined up. I like the idea of something like #14+Poirier to Memphis for #40 and a lotto protected future 1st
hate that idea.  I think Danny will use a pick to move Poirier but more likely the 30th (or worst case, the 26th to also move Edwards)

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2020, 09:52:52 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Here's that list of players who have "met" with the Celtics as of Tuesday, as reported by Grenham:

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

Appears to be same as mine minus Alexander and doesn’t mention second Scrub meeting
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2020, 10:02:41 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

hate that idea.  I think Danny will use a pick to move Poirier but more likely the 30th (or worst case, the 26th to also move Edwards)

As a draft fan it’s not the sexy idea but it’s rooted in sound logic. The trade down and out would save the Cs money and retain a future draft asset. Unlike most drafts the likely talent drop from 14-40 isn’t monumental. It could be the difference if Terry vs Quickly, Maxey Vs Alexander, Anthony vs Riller, or Achiuwa vs Tillman. In terms of roster construction moving the 14, D&S 26 (Bolmaro/Maledon/Poku), drafting a play now guy at 30+40 (Bane/Tillman/Riller/Alexander), and landing a solid guy willing to take a 2-way at 47 ( Azubuike, Marshall, Hinton) would probably be ideal
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

As a draft fan it’s not the sexy idea but it’s rooted in sound logic. The trade down and out would save the Cs money and retain a future draft asset. Unlike most drafts the likely talent drop from 14-40 isn’t monumental. It could be the difference if Terry vs Quickly, Maxey Vs Alexander, Anthony vs Riller, or Achiuwa vs Tillman. In terms of roster construction moving the 14, D&S 26 (Bolmaro/Maledon/Poku), drafting a play now guy at 30+40 (Bane/Tillman/Riller/Alexander), and landing a solid guy willing to take a 2-way at 47 ( Azubuike, Marshall, Hinton) would probably be ideal
I get the idea of dropping salary and picking up a future asset but if we're using a pick to move Poirier and only getting a protected first, I'd rather move the 30 or 26 pick.  use the remaining one on a D&S if there's a solid prospect available OR package that with the 14 to move up for a preferred player that won't be there a 14.  ideally, we'd just use 47 to move Poirier (will need to include cash to pay off his contract so he can be waived) and package the 3 first rounders to move up for a player that could be pretty good for a number of years as well as good enough to contribute in a small role next year.  I'm not a fan of continually punting picks down the road that just keep getting worse.    Now if Memphis were willing to just go with a top 6 protection so that there's a possibility of the C's getting a late lottery selection out of it, that may be worth considering

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2020, 11:00:45 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

Quickley was appealing at a glance...if the C's are PG desiring...

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2020, 03:37:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

He's a nice sharpshooting guard, but with his absolute inability to pass I don't know if he's going to be a long-term PG

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2020, 08:28:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

He's a nice sharpshooting guard, but with his absolute inability to pass I don't know if he's going to be a long-term PG

I'm not sure that Quickley has an inability to pass, he clearly was not called upon to create for other at UK. Playing along side PG Hagans and combo guard Maxey he was very clearly on the court to shoot open shots. Its a small 6 game sample size but looking back at his senior year in high school at the Adidas Nations AAU circuit he averaged 4.7 asts .5TO in 26mpg. I believe he will be a capable off ball PG, never a starting caliber initiator but rather an off the ball PG like a George Hill, Seth Curry type.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2020, 08:35:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Cassius Stanley, G, Duke

Paul Reed, F, DePaul

Naji Marshall, F, Xavier

Desmond Bane, G, TCU

I'm not sure that Quickley has an inability to pass, he clearly was not called upon to create for other at UK. Playing along side PG Hagans and combo guard Maxey he was very clearly on the court to shoot open shots. Its a small 6 game sample size but looking back at his senior year in high school at the Adidas Nations AAU circuit he averaged 4.7 asts .5TO in 26mpg. I believe he will be a capable off ball PG, never a starting caliber initiator but rather an off the ball PG like a George Hill, Seth Curry type.   
Maybe, I was just really unimpressed by how flustered he looked whenever I saw him. Looked to me like he couldn't handle the game speeding up as he transitioned from high school to college. I don't mind him as a secondary playmaker as his passing seems way more reactionary than anything else, but I have a hard time projecting him as a 4APG kind of guy George Hill was