Author Topic: Anaheim at Utah (1/06)  (Read 6631 times)

Anaheim at Utah (1/06)
« on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
http://www.nba.com/dleague/webcastDleague.html

with TA starting to show some injuries showing up this season it might be time to start looking at one of these guys.

Re: Anaheim at Utah (1/06)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

with TA starting to show some injuries showing up this season it might be time to start looking at one of these guys.

bring up bill walker!  i raised this point early in the season, which many bloggers didnt agree with.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

bring up bill walker!  i raised this point early in the season, which many bloggers didnt agree with.

i agree, he plays with fire, heart, he doesnt take crap. plus he has a better jumper than TA. if TA is gonna miss time then its Billy Walker time.

PP, when asked about Walker style, commented by saying that Bill reminded him of himself.

this is a kid thats got the talent, dropped because of the knee injury, but still has the hops. plus he's a danny ainge type player thats gets under people skin by doing the little things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzBIBiIJcE

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:11:01 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
one handed jam walker...

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
The Jazz sent one of their picks from last year back down to the Flash, so now maybe JR and Billy can't play with someone else thats actually trying to play NBA style BBall and not just hacking up shots.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:46:07 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
i also just realized that Danny Ainge is at this game watching our guys. so maybe he can bring one back with thim.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:44:39 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I have been impressed with both of the guys. Bill Walker looks much better than Tony Allen. He just clearly has an nba game.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:59:47 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I really like Walker and Giddens been looking good in the D-league. I'm ready to see Gabe and rookies out there. This team is getting flat out out-hustled these days and some energy from the young'uns might give them a spark.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I really like Walker and Giddens been looking good in the D-league. I'm ready to see Gabe and rookies out there. This team is getting flat out out-hustled these days and some energy from the young'uns might give them a spark.

And more importantly it will give the starters some more rest.  The look like they can't maintain their intensity for any extended periods of time right now.  Giving them some extra rest here and there could be huge.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 12:12:21 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

And more importantly it will give the starters some more rest.  The look like they can't maintain their intensity for any extended periods of time right now.  Giving them some extra rest here and there could be huge.

I agree Doc starters definitely need more rest. I know today was an OT game but our oldest starter playing almost 50 minutes the first night of a back to back makes me very uneasy.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 12:29:23 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I'd like to see Giddens up here before Walker, actually.  Walker has some fundamentals to work on - cutting down on turnovers and fouls, defense, etc.  That stuff can be addressed anywhere.  It seemed to me that JR's biggest shortcoming was learning his role on offense.  He can't learn to play with the Celtics while he's playing with the Flash, so I'd really like to see him back with the Green so he can spend time with the team and develop some chemistry with them.  He brings them the kind of athleticism that they just don't have outside of TA, and TA hasn't been good enough for the role he's been given this year.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 01:13:00 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
I'd like to see Giddens up here before Walker, actually.  Walker has some fundamentals to work on - cutting down on turnovers and fouls, defense, etc.  That stuff can be addressed anywhere.  It seemed to me that JR's biggest shortcoming was learning his role on offense.  He can't learn to play with the Celtics while he's playing with the Flash, so I'd really like to see him back with the Green so he can spend time with the team and develop some chemistry with them.  He brings them the kind of athleticism that they just don't have outside of TA, and TA hasn't been good enough for the role he's been given this year.

past three games in utah Bill's cut down on fouls very well. he's had only 3 in each of the past four games. before that he was averaging about 5 a game.  and i think that he's more likely to come up becuase of what he's already shown in training camp.

But, as of now i'm starting to feel like both of these guys will have an impact on the team by year's end. esspecially with how sluggish the big 3 are starting to look, i don't wanna jinx us but i think these small nagging injuries are going to eventually catch up.

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 01:19:25 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
Statlines for our guys tonight.

Billy Walker-  26 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 3 pfs, 4 to's in 34 minutes
(10-12 FG, 1-1 3P, 5-5 FT)

JR Giddens-  16 pts, 0 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 4 pfs, 0 to's in 38 minutes
(6-12 FG, 0-0 3P, 4-4 FT)

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 02:08:35 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I like that Giddens is making his free throws.  73% isn't where it should be, but it's a heck of a lot better than the 58% he was shooting in college.  Hopefully it's just confirmation that he needed to concentrate on them, rather than a real deficiency.

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
I like that Giddens is making his free throws.  73% isn't where it should be, but it's a heck of a lot better than the 58% he was shooting in college.  Hopefully it's just confirmation that he needed to concentrate on them, rather than a real deficiency.

i'm liking that as well, its nice to see that both of them have improved upon what i though were their biggest flaws (giddens FT shooting, Walker with personal fouls from being overaggressive)