Author Topic: Have we officially turned the corner and back in business ? We are killing teams  (Read 9000 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Let’s make it 9 straight!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
even when we looked terrible I posted that a 10 game win streak was in play just based on how awful every team was.  One creampuff after another.   Not a single team above .500.   We just had to play mediocre basketball and we should have coasted into our bucks game on the 21st.   The only team with a little spunk is the Pistons but they have lost 6 in a row and are down to .500.  Shouldn’t have trouble beating them.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
even when we looked terrible I posted that a 10 game win streak was in play just based on how awful every team was.  One creampuff after another.   Not a single team above .500.   We just had to play mediocre basketball and we should have coasted into our bucks game on the 21st.   The only team with a little spunk is the Pistons but they have lost 6 in a row and are down to .500.  Shouldn’t have trouble beating them.

I think the two wins against the pelicans were nice. Road win against minn was also nice, but in general I agree

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yup, before the first Atlanta game after the awful Knick loss I had a post that listed all the games up to the Milwaukee game and theorized an 11 game win streak. Okay we lost to Dallas in Dallas but the Mavs are a terrific home team and overall pretty good this year.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I think the short handed wins are impressive regardless of who we are playing

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772

I agree, although "the less is better argument" rears its head. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I agree, although "the less is better argument" rears its head.

Well I don’t think people generally consider horford part of that argument and we have been without him. Now I do agree that when we win without hayward or brown it creates a mess for that argument

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I'm sure there have a few flukey NBA 8-game winning streaks attributable to weak schedules and such, but generally speaking winning 8 NBA games in a row enters the realm of impressive.  A number of people foresaw a favorable schedule and speculated that a streak could be in the offing.  But still, bad teams don't win 8 in a row under any circumstances. So I'm not saying this streak means that the C's are contenders or even that it signifies the absolute turnaround, but it's far less ho-hum than I interpret the tone of your post.  And despite the Pistons losing streak, playing in Detroit tonight on a back-to-back against a rested Pistons team is not a cake walk -- and if it turns out to be #9, it will be a positive sign.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think we are among the top 4 teams right now in the NBA and are no where near our peak.

Al Horford has not been healthy and hasn’t played in over a week.

Hayward is still on an upward trajectory.

Theis just coming back to form from injury.

Jaylen still feeling his way coming off the bench.

Robert Williams Just scratching the surface of what he’ll become by year’s end.

This team is going to be really really good.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think we are among the top 4 teams right now in the NBA and are no where near our peak.

Al Horford has not been healthy and hasn’t played in over a week.

Hayward is still on an upward trajectory.

Theis just coming back to form from injury.

Jaylen still feeling his way coming off the bench.

Robert Williams Just scratching the surface of what he’ll become by year’s end.

This team is going to be really really good.

nicely done ..... we ll,be sitting pretty about March

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I'm sure there have a few flukey NBA 8-game winning streaks attributable to weak schedules and such, but generally speaking winning 8 NBA games in a row enters the realm of impressive.  A number of people foresaw a favorable schedule and speculated that a streak could be in the offing.  But still, bad teams don't win 8 in a row under any circumstances. So I'm not saying this streak means that the C's are contenders or even that it signifies the absolute turnaround, but it's far less ho-hum than I interpret the tone of your post.  And despite the Pistons losing streak, playing in Detroit tonight on a back-to-back against a rested Pistons team is not a cake walk -- and if it turns out to be #9, it will be a positive sign.

Yeah, imagine if it had been someone like the Sixers doing it, say, last year. Would Lrbrd33 say ho hum like this, or would he come out of retirement to celebrate?

You decide!
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
We all knew that we were entering the easiest part of the schedule, and we needed it at 10-10. My fear was that the malaise had set so deep that even against these teams we would find a way to lose games, given that the majority of the games we lost during that 10-10 stretch were against .500 and under teams. That told me it was an effort and mental thing. That's why these games were banana skins for me.

But if we were to make any ground on the likes of TO, MIL, PHI we would have to beat these teams and so far we have done that. Much bigger tests lie ahead and we've seen lapses like the first half against Washington when they tossed up bad threes and didn't move the ball and run back in transition. So not quite back in business yet but we're getting there. Each game is a step in the right direction. We want to be peaking in April.

We're still a work in progress. We won't win every game because there will be nights we shoot like we did against Detroit. We'll have some bad shooting games like we did tonight and where we looked tired and labored. But overall our trajectory is trending upwards and we're in a solid position. When you have Morris, Hayward, Tatum, Brown and Rozier shoot 0-17 from 3 you will find it hard to win games. We want to build up progressively and do the right things, make the right passes, take the right shots, execute properly so that come April we are humming along.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Might have to keep waiting a bit longer to see around the corner   :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nope. Same team they have been most of the season. The "win" streak looks like an outlier

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Nope. Same team they have been most of the season. The "win" streak looks like an outlier

no excuse losing to that garbage team AT HOME tonight in the suns. people can spin it and move goalposts all they want. whatever helps them sleep at night but this was a joke.  i am wondering if we need to compress roster and let some of this so called depth go for more top end proven talent??  too many playing hero ball and NOt team ball. we need guys who will play team ball. a roster shakup MAY be needed. i think hayward will be ok in time. rozier is gone just a matter of when. not sure about JB. looks like he has regressed. i still think tatum can and will be a star here. we may have to do what we have to do with JB and TR to upgrade with a guy who will bring it every night. play his role.
LET'S GO CELTICS!