Author Topic: Does our bench suck?  (Read 17906 times)

Re: Does our bench suck?
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2008, 10:56:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Except for Eddie House's performance last night, this bench has sucked for three straight games. One game happens. Two games is a four man slump or con be chalked up to being tired. Three games is a trend. I don't like bad trends.

Leon is becoming a black whole and far three games in a row has been out worked and out athleticized under the glass.

Baby is what he is. He'll throw his body around, create rebounds for other, make an occasional outside shot and play good defense. He looks better when the players he plays with are playing well. He doesn't look so good when those players surrounding him are playing like crap because he is incapable of making players around him better.

Eddie was one last night but if his shot isn't falling, like most of the rest of the season, he's pretty much adding nothing to this team.

And then there's my favorite Tony Allen. For 7 games Tony could do no wrong. But has he done anything right in three games? His was yanked of the floor by Doc for two straight games after making boneheaded plays. Obviously Doc is only giving Tony a short rope and Tony needs to rescue himself with it or hang himself with it. The last three games Tony's done a good job of tying a hangman's noose.

And the rest of the bench I am assuming is just not good enough to have either earned the minutes to player or they just aren't good period. Either way, it's not good.

So does the bench suck. No, I think they are slumping a bit and maybe got a little to big for who they really are and some reality hit them in the face. This group needs to way outwork anyone they play and they haven't been doing that. Allowing a 9-1 rebound advantage go to 20 -12 the other way while the second unit primarily made up the team at the time is disgraceful. So is scoring an average of about 13 PPG and getting 6 RPG over a three game stretch.

Let's pick it up guys, you're better than that.

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Except for Eddie House's performance last night, this bench has sucked for three straight games. One game happens. Two games is a four man slump or con be chalked up to being tired. Three games is a trend. I don't like bad trends.

Leon is becoming a black whole and far three games in a row has been out worked and out athleticized under the glass.

Baby is what he is. He'll throw his body around, create rebounds for other, make an occasional outside shot and play good defense. He looks better when the players he plays with are playing well. He doesn't look so good when those players surrounding him are playing like crap because he is incapable of making players around him better.

Eddie was one last night but if his shot isn't falling, like most of the rest of the season, he's pretty much adding nothing to this team.

And then there's my favorite Tony Allen. For 7 games Tony could do no wrong. But has he done anything right in three games? His was yanked of the floor by Doc for two straight games after making boneheaded plays. Obviously Doc is only giving Tony a short rope and Tony needs to rescue himself with it or hang himself with it. The last three games Tony's done a good job of tying a hangman's noose.

And the rest of the bench I am assuming is just not good enough to have either earned the minutes to player or they just aren't good period. Either way, it's not good.

So does the bench suck. No, I think they are slumping a bit and maybe got a little to big for who they really are and some reality hit them in the face. This group needs to way outwork anyone they play and they haven't been doing that. Allowing a 9-1 rebound advantage go to 20 -12 the other way while the second unit primarily made up the team at the time is disgraceful. So is scoring an average of about 13 PPG and getting 6 RPG over a three game stretch.

Let's pick it up guys, you're better than that.

I agree with it all except for Eddie adding nothing when his shot isn't falling. He is a very aggressive defender that creates havoc. He brings a huge amount of energy to the team when he is out there which is IMO the #1 thing that we don't have right now and is costing us. He has a much more rounded game than Rondo does. If the man could handle the ball then HE'D be the starting PG on this squad.

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Doc promised us a better showing in Milwaukee from the bench when asked the question after the Denver lost.I will have to give him the benefit of the doubt until after the game  .As a previous poster stated it becomes a trend after a certain amount of games when you suck.TP for that statement Nick.

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2008, 01:20:51 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
posey? powe and tony's defense + houses shooting more than makes up for our "devestating loss"

This "Player A + Player B = Player C" stuff is bogus.

so is overrating a bench player from last year to a ridiculous degree.

I think "overrating" is pretty subjective, since it depends on how you "rate" a player, and everyone has his own set of values when it comes to evaluating a player.

Posey may be overrated, but not to a ridiculous degree, imo.
Posey is the epitome of a "glue guy", a type of player that is as rare as good big men, although with lesser impact. If you can get someone like that for the MLE, you take it.

I donīt say "Bring Posey back", because I know thatīs not going to happen.
What I say is "Bring someone in to replace what Posey gave us", because we donīt have that right now and I think weīll need it.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.