Author Topic: D-Wade's comments to NBA Fanhouse....  (Read 6895 times)

Re: D-Wade's comments to NBA Fanhouse....
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 08:28:22 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Wade is, without a doubt, in the top 5 in the league.

That being said, he would not have won more than 3 interchanging with Kobe on the Lakers.

Also, I think that it seems obvious in retrospect the Lakers made the right move trading Shaq in 2004.  You think they would've won 2 more championships when they couldn't even win in 2003-2004 when Shaq was still in his prime?  Shaq was asking for a 6-7 year contract in 2004, which would've meant they had THIS Shaq to this day, and most certainly would've been mediocre today.  I think they made the right move.

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

That being said, he would not have won more than 3 interchanging with Kobe on the Lakers.

Also, I think that it seems obvious in retrospect the Lakers made the right move trading Shaq in 2004.  You think they would've won 2 more championships when they couldn't even win in 2003-2004 when Shaq was still in his prime?  Shaq was asking for a 6-7 year contract in 2004, which would've meant they had THIS Shaq to this day, and most certainly would've been mediocre today.  I think they made the right move.

If Wade didn't win 3+ titles in LA, the only reason would have been because he wasn't in the league during the 2000 - 2002 title run.  If you begin Wade's career at the same time as Kobe's, I think he wins at least as many rings.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 08:51:38 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday

If Wade didn't win 3+ titles in LA, the only reason would have been because he wasn't in the league during the 2000 - 2002 title run.  If you begin Wade's career at the same time as Kobe's, I think he wins at least as many rings.
You're actually suggesting Wade in his prime is comparable to Kobe in his?

Also, they're only like 3 years apart in age.

I don't think Kobe's behavior was detrimental in terms of winning championships unless you think keeping Shaq was the right move.

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

You're actually suggesting Wade in his prime is comparable to Kobe in his?

Also, they're only like 3 years apart in age.

I don't think Kobe's behavior was detrimental in terms of winning championships unless you think keeping Shaq was the right move.

Kobe's Finals stats, especially from 2000 to 2004, weren't anything special.  I think that if you put Wade on those teams, the Lakers win at least three, and they may win in 2004, as well.  I also think the Celtics would have had a tougher time containing Wade in 2008, although I think the Celts still would have won.  In tough matchups, Kobe has a propensity of falling back on his jumper, rather than attacking the basket.  Wade wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 09:28:30 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
Kobe's Finals stats, especially from 2000 to 2004, weren't anything special.  I think that if you put Wade on those teams, the Lakers win at least three, and they may win in 2004, as well.  I also think the Celtics would have had a tougher time containing Wade in 2008, although I think the Celts still would have won.  In tough matchups, Kobe has a propensity of falling back on his jumper, rather than attacking the basket.  Wade wouldn't have allowed that to happen.
At the same age Kobe Bryant won his first championship, Dwayne Wade had played 20 NBA games total, with 5 wins.  And Kobe's finals stats were tainted somewhat because he played with an absolutely prime Shaq.

He does revert to his jump shot when things aren't going well, but he is perpetually the #1 midrange shooter in the league (even though the shot is still generally inefficient).  He's also a better defender than Wade.

I'm not sure they're even comparable really.  Basketball-wise, I'd rather have prime-Kobe on my team than prime-Wade.  Though 2006 Finals was admittedly awesome.