Author Topic: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?  (Read 55565 times)

Re: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo and Bass gets it done. 

Anyone think that KG knew about this and his comment "y'all don't know what I know" referred to the fact that his buddy (rondo) was going to get traded?
no

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I could see it happening if the dislike between Kobe and Dwight is much greater then is being reported.

Dwight's body language and his demeanor are awful. I think he hates playing with Kobe and hates playing for D'Antoni. He's hurt and all they've been doing is calling him out in the media.

Looks like he is turning into the scapegoat for this team's failures.

"Dwight isn't serious enough"
"Dwight isn't implementing his will"
"Dwight can't make free throws"
"Dwight won't play hurt and how much does he want to win"

Just don't see him returning to the Laker organization.

For the Lakers they see the writing on the wall without Pau. It's not happening. And losing Dwight for nothing CANT happen. Kobe loves Rondo. Pau wants to stay and is a good second fiddle and stats show has performed better in Dantoni's offense then Dwight when only one is on the floor. They're awful when both are on the floor.

Get Rondo for Dwight. Move Nash, while you still can b/c his game has slipped, for maybe a Danny Granger. Go for it next year with Rondo, Granger(or someone else), Pau, and Kobe with everyone healthy and more familiar with Dantoni's system.

For Boston moving Bass and Rondo for Howard is like moving Bass for Howard. IF I am Boston I am scared of Rondo's return from an ACL without a consistent offensive game. He relies on his speed so much. His effectiveness could be highly compromised.

Give Paul and KG a better shot at winning and when they come off the books with Terry look to add a major piece that fits with Bradley, Howard, and Green.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:18 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
KG and Howard down low? No one is scoring over 60 on us. I'd do this in a heartbeat.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I'm shocked at how many Laker fans' love the idea of this trade.
Don't see why it's shocking. The Dwight Howard experiment has been an abject failure.

So you believe Dwight has been or is believed to be the problem? See I think the blame should lay squarely on management for bringing in D'Antoni and Nash.
There was no D'Antoni or Nash in Orlando.

Right. And Howard and fourteen guys from this forum went to the NBA Finals three and half years ago. Howard is only 27 years old.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lol even if Kobe and Dwight absolutely despised each other... you can't tell me a super-competitive player like Kobe Bryant would rather go to war with an injured point guard who can't even play until next year... over the best big man in the game.  The Lakers would effectively be punting this season and deciding to build around Rajon Rondo's mediocre future?  Come on...  that's absurd.

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Don't see why it's shocking. The Dwight Howard experiment has been an abject failure.

So you believe Dwight has been or is believed to be the problem? See I think the blame should lay squarely on management for bringing in D'Antoni and Nash.
There was no D'Antoni or Nash in Orlando.

Right. And Howard and fourteen guys from this forum went to the NBA Finals three and half years ago. Howard is only 27 years old.

Yet he acts like he's 7 years old.

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Can you blame them? The guy is a clown. He's allegedly the best center in the NBA, in his prime, and yet has made no difference on a team already loaded with talent.

Sure, he's been injured and all, but he also appears to be more interested in where and with whom he's going to play, than actually figuring out how to win.

I shudder at the idea of having for root for this guy, and that's before we even mention the dirty elbows.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I've gotta say it again if Danny get him to commit long term than do it. Dwight KG Lee And bradley are some of leagues best defenders. Plus Lee was with Dwight in Orlando when they went to the finals. The defense would be epic.

Will say that Dwight's back and shoulder do scare me a bit though.

Also future would be very bright with a lineup a few years down the road of.

Bradley
Lee
Green
Sully
Dwight

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Can you blame them? The guy is a clown. He's allegedly the best center in the NBA, in his prime, and yet has made no difference on a team already loaded with talent.

Sure, he's been injured and all, but he also appears to be more interested in where and with whom he's going to play, than actually figuring out how to win.

I shudder at the idea of having for root for this guy, and that's before we even mention the dirty elbows.

Preach, preacher, preach!

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Uh-huh.

So if he's so great, how come he's not going anywhere with teammates who have won multiple championships in the last 5 years?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
I don't like the trade, but Ken Berger has turned out, IMO, to be one of if not THE best sources out there.

The vast majority of his stuff seems to have some traction to it.

There is something to this "rumor"....

But Mitch and Howard already confirmed he's not getting traded... soo....

True, that.

But Ken Berger is not one to just kick stuff around...the man is serious about his work.

He was one of the first to break the lockout ending.

Everything I've seen from him since has considerable substance to it.

As I stated early - I'd hate to see Rondo go - especially for Dwight Howard.

I just don't trust DH anymore.

But Ken Berger? Not one to toss stuff out there for just entertainment....

If you can't trust the Lakers GM and the player being traded (who was personally told), there there's no one to trust.

Like when the Clippers told Eric Gordon you're not being traded and then 18 hours later he was a Hornet/Pelican?

It's business. If the deal falls through they want to make sure damage control is as minimized as possible.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:56:36 PM by Kane3387 »

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Uh-huh.

So if he's so great, how come he's not going anywhere with teammates who have won multiple championships in the last 5 years?

You could say the same thing for the other guys too. But, recovering from back surgery certainly has no bearing on his play this year. That said, even with all his problems, he's been a top big so far this year.

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Holy crap if Ainge could pull this off he'd be possible gm of the year.

If we are going to keep KG and Paul we might as well swing for the fence and give them the best chance. I'd do this even without a commitment from Howard. Even if he wants to walk we could possibly sign and trade him.

With Howard on the floor even playing bad, MIAMi Circus will feel the presure and will fall apart

Or just foul him and make him shoot free throws.

Yea, it worked so well on Shaq...

S/N: Dwight is no Shaq but in today's league he is de facto Shaq considering all the other "centers" in the league.

To the comment about Dwight not working well with Gasol as comparison to what it would look like with KG... KG and Gasol aren't the same players on either end. KG LOVES to shoot from outside the paint, Gasol prefers to be inside... he can shoot from outside but he's no KG! Then on defense, LOL no way that's serious, Gasol is a good defender but KG is one of the greatest of all time and is still one of the top defenders in the league today. So what you see with Gasol/Howard doesn't tell what you would see with KG/Howard! Everything slows down in the playoffs so KG and Howard both being slow wont matter (KG nor DH are even as slow as you claim they are).

With all that said, I have grown to love RR (thinks he needs to loosen reigns a little but I LOVE what he does). I do NOT like Howard at all. I would do this trade only b/c this season and probably next, depending on how/when RR returns, it will make us better. If you think it wouldn't I don't know why... RR is OUT, DH isn't, DH is better than Bass EASILY and he is our starter! So replace Howard for an injured RR (and probably Bass for money) and you can't tell me that isn't a better team, even if DH plays the same as he is in LA! Like I said, I have grown to love RR and what he does but I'm not a player's fan any longer, it's all about the Cs and this makes us better, no doubt, as sad as it is to lose RR, if it's true and Danny could get it done, I think he'd have to.

I know KG and PP would probably be hurt but they would still do their job on the court, there is no doubt, as they did so when Perk was traded!

Lord help me if I end up having to cheer for DH! I'd feel so icky! Much like I would feel cheering KoMe, I'd still hate him but want him to do well for us.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2013, 10:41:21 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I do believe there where there is smoke there is fire in this: Mitch covets Rondo. There has been enough rumors surrounding Rondo to the Lakers that leads me to this conclusion.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Can you add some of their comments? Would love to see their reaction and lust for rondo.

I called it! I knew they would turn on Dwight!