Author Topic: 76ers Fans Panicking over Fultz; Many Deeming Trade a Disaster  (Read 12677 times)

76ers Fans Panicking over Fultz; Many Deeming Trade a Disaster
« on: October 17, 2018, 01:38:28 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Watching Tatum destroy the 76ers while fultz didnt do much was unbearable for many 76er fans. Some posts I found from after today's game:

"I was staunchly against the trade at the time, but even I didn't think it would go this badly. Fultz looks way worse than I expected. 24 minutes and zero attempts from 3 after spending an entire summer working on his jumper. It won't be long until the fans start booing him. Meanwhile Tatum looks like a future All-Star and the Kings pick will probably be top 10. Sigh..."

"Yes, Fultz will be a bust. Mentality and confidence red flags have tanked any chance of him developing into the player some thought he would be."

"Fultz was such a disaster that Brett wouldn't even play him in the 2nd half. Was him being benched for the rest of the game part of the plan, too? He's a bust, cut bait. It's a waste of time and makes us worse trying to develop him."

"Fultz - I don't care that it's 1 game. I was alarmed by his passiveness in preseason and he looked like complete bust in this game. That trade is on par with Billy King"
"Yeah the Fultz for Tatum trade looks like the sort of move that would break an organisation (Billy King levels)."

"Ball is light years beyond Fultz as a shooter"

"Jason Tatum with a game high, The guy that WE could’ve drafted.
This is the ABSOLUTE worse scenario we could have imagined.
Atleast Fultz scored 3. Go get em tiger"

"There is a reasonable chance the Fultz trade ends up being the reason we don’t win a championship in the Embiid/Simmons era, and there’s also a reasonable chance Embiid leaves after his big contract because that disastrous trade prevented the team from reaching it’s potential peak.
Valid reasons for disappointment."

"We have tape of Fultz not knowing how to shoot. In fact, it’s the only NBA tape Fultz has.

We don’t have any tape of Tatum looking like anything less than a future superstar."

"Pretty much what I expected to see. Cant even be mad. What hurts is knowing we will have to watch Tatum up close and personal for the next 15 years, while Fultz will probably be long gone in 3 years. What a disaster of a trade."  ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:58:27 PM by Redz »

Re: 76ers fans panicking over fultz, many deeming the trade a disaster
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Gotta say, I’m loving this
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 01:50:23 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Fultz when all is said and done would be the Bowie to Jordan...

Not saying Tatum will be MJ but just the impact... Tatum will have atleast an all star appearance in the horizon.. Fultz is looking like he will have a career projection like that of Livingston... But I don't think Fultz is in the league of Kwame Brown or Bennett who are probably the ultimate number one busts in history.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 01:51:06 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Dang, Danny Ainge going on HEISTS and throwing psychological warfare! First the inevitable PP34/KG to Brooklyn trade. Next the trade with Phoenix for Isaiah Thomas. Then the #1 pick for #3 and SAC '19. And then trading IT4 and package for Kyrie Irving.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 01:58:41 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Dang, Danny Ainge going on HEISTS and throwing psychological warfare! First the inevitable PP34/KG to Brooklyn trade. Next the trade with Phoenix for Isaiah Thomas. Then the #1 pick for #3 and SAC '19. And then trading IT4 and package for Kyrie Irving.
idk how danny does it

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 01:59:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
when you look at those players they could have had and not give away anything .  Its about as bad as it gets in the short term.   Maybe he ll become a top tier player ,   but maybe it takes several seasons , and the bad thing of all is this might not happen on Philly at all.    Just look at the years and players they wasted drafting to finally land land Embiid and Simmons, two keepers. The team tanking built.   

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 02:02:20 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Ainge was never going to draft him and Philly lost a lottery pick out of the whole thing. Another Ainge swindle.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 03:56:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Fultz when all is said and done would be the Bowie to Jordan...

Not saying Tatum will be MJ but just the impact... Tatum will have atleast an all star appearance in the horizon.. Fultz is looking like he will have a career projection like that of Livingston... But I don't think Fultz is in the league of Kwame Brown or Bennett who are probably the ultimate number one busts in history.
Oh I think Fultz could definitely be on the level of bust of Kwame Brown or Anthony Bennett. One year later after a season of the yips, he still looks horrible.

Look who else Philly could have grabbed

Tatum
Ball
Mitchell
Markennan
Kuzma
Smith, Jr.
Jackson
Fox

There will be a lot of excellent players from that draft the Sixers could have taken but instead they took a guy who could be out of the league in 4 years.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 04:10:01 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
One reasons why you shouldn't trust any hype from draft "experts".

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 04:10:08 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I actually liked what I saw from him, he showed a nice pull up jumper and was pretty fluid. Granted he seems very raw but imo slowly feeding him minutes and forcing him to play the right way will fix that. He still has star potential.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 04:34:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I actually liked what I saw from him, he showed a nice pull up jumper and was pretty fluid. Granted he seems very raw but imo slowly feeding him minutes and forcing him to play the right way will fix that. He still has star potential.
I don't know how you can see his broken jumper and think it looks nice. He's basically pushing the ball at the ring. Hence the 2-7 shooting, including a number of missed 'nice pull up jumpers'

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 05:25:38 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
How long until they come to a conclusion that you can't start 2 non-shooters in today's game if you are trying to be a serious team?
GSW can pull it off, but Roco-Šarić-Embiid trio is not Curry-Klay-Durant.
After they bench Fultz his confidence will drop even more.
And truthfully McConnell (also close to a non-shooter) is a better backup PG than Fultz.

I'd trade him, rather than to go in the downward spiral, making another mistake to address a made mistake. Admit you were wrong, trade him, and move on with a clear and decent plan.

Either that or you have the same architectural issues and you have to answer the same questions before and after every game and practice.
"How is Markelle?"
"Do you like what you saw in his performance with the starters?"
"Is it possible that JJ will return in the starting 5?
"Markelle, how is your confidence level right now?"...

One mistake is OK, making several others continuously in the same variation after that is not a way to go.

At least Joel was being sober and admitted that this is not a rivalry. Refreshing.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 05:44:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
How long until they come to a conclusion that you can't start 2 non-shooters in today's game if you are trying to be a serious team?
And truthfully McConnell (also close to a non-shooter) is a better backup PG than Fultz.

I'd trade him, rather than to go in the downward spiral, making another mistake to address a made mistake. Admit you were wrong, trade him, and move on with a clear and decent plan.

Either that or you have the same architectural issues and you have to answer the same questions before and after every game and practice.
"How is Markelle?"

One mistake is OK, making several others continuously in the same variation after that is not a way to go.

At least Joel was being sober and admitted that this is not a rivalry. Refreshing.
I feel like one of the things that would make it hard to trade him is that his value, I'm assuming, is at a very low level right now. He hasn't proven any real strong NBA caliber skill, besides ball-handling really.

What kind of return do you think Philly could get for him? I'm struggling to think of any that wouldn't truly embarrass them

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:35 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

"How is Markelle?"

I feel like one of the things that would make it hard to trade him is that his value, I'm assuming, is at a very low level right now. He hasn't proven any real strong NBA caliber skill, besides ball-handling really.

What kind of return do you think Philly could get for him? I'm struggling to think of any that wouldn't truly embarrass them
The return they would get is:
- a possibility of a clear plan in the future.
- better spacing and offense in general, another shooter for Simmons and Embiid
- any asset they receive in return
- putting an end to boring and painful media questions for coach and other players
- dodging a possibility where agitated Ben or Joel might suggest a Fultz trade or similar through media

I would literally take 2 2nd rounders and Bender for him in a trade with Phoenix.
I wouldn't feel embarrassed, we are way past that point. It is time for damage control.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 06:08:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

"How is Markelle?"

The return they would get is:
- a possibility of a clear plan in the future.
- better spacing and offense in general, another shooter for Simmons and Embiid
- any asset they receive in return
- putting an end to boring and painful media questions for coach and other players
- dodging a possibility where agitated Ben or Joel might suggest a Fultz trade or similar through media

I would literally take 2 2nd rounders and Bender for him in a trade with Phoenix.
I wouldn't feel embarrassed, we are way past that point. It is time for damage control.
I just don’t think Elton Brand is the guy that would, or could, do such a deal. I don’t think the owners would let him give up on their #1 pick a month or two into his tenure