Author Topic: Camby and melo to the Nets? (radio/espn rumor)  (Read 17571 times)

Re: Camby and melo to the Nets? (radio/espn rumor)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I WANT CAMBY!!

Camby is basically a KG clone. They are virtually the same player.

There's something I never thought I'd see on celticsblog...

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I WANT CAMBY!!

Camby is basically a KG clone. They are virtually the same player. Imagine those 2 guarding the paint and playing pick and roll defense?

no, there's a huge difference. KG can gaurd people 1 on 1 in the post and in general. marcus is a fantastic help defender, mabey the best i've ever personaly seen (which would make him the best of the last 20 years or so) but he can't gaurd anyone one on one.

That being said, he'd be good to have in tandem with KG, but to say there virtually the same player discounts that KG is much better on offense and defense. thats like saying tayshon and pierce are virtuarly the same player. while they share similar tendancies, there no where near equivelnt.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 02:11:04 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
I WANT CAMBY!!

Camby is basically a KG clone. They are virtually the same player. Imagine those 2 guarding the paint and playing pick and roll defense?

Ya, I always thought Keith Van Horn and Shaq had the same game too. :o

Carmelo to Nets?!?! (Rumor)
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »

Offline timboup

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Just heard them talking about this on espn, i found this excerpt on prosports daily.

"The Nets, who will have investor/minority owner Jay-Z in Secaucus, are slotted to pick 10th - they have an 87 percent probability of staying there - but if they move up to any of the top three spots their chances of dealing the pick greatly increase. They have been talking around the league and one of the teams they will revisit is Denver, where Carmelo Anthony is available. League sources insist the Nuggets are making Anthony available for the right price. The Nets have spoken to Denver - Nets GM Kiki Vandeweghe drafted Anthony and reshaped the Nuggets roster when he was there...One proposal contained "a lot of pieces" including the Nets' pick, Richard Jefferson and Marcus Williams for Anthony and Marcus Camby. One source stressed nothing is imminent and talks are still in the infancy stage."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:26:29 AM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Carmelo to Nets?!?!
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 11:19:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Rumor is kind of old but great move for the Nets...

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 11:29:44 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I think the Nets best move would probably be to not have Jay-Z as a part owner.

That's just messed up.

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
If the Nets trade VC for Camby, I would laugh hysterically, then buy NBA League Pass just so I could watch the Nuggets play.  Imagine Iverson, Carter, and Melo on the same team.  ;D

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »

Offline Norcalceltic

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Does Melo remind anybody else of Glen Robinson?

I remember before Melo got drafted, my cousin tried to convince me that Melo was going to be a better version of Paul Pierce. I told him he reminded me of Big Dog, a great scorer, but not much of an all-around player. When Glen Robison was at Purdue he was an Offensive machine.