Author Topic: Celtics (17-3) at Pacers (11-8) Game #21 11/25/17  (Read 16511 times)

Re: Celtics (17-3) at Pacers (11-8) Game #21 11/25/17
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Kyrie's stad-padding is obnoxious.  He does this every game.  I don't ever remember IT doing that, even when he needed one more basket to break another Celtic record.

Comments like these are why people think you are a troll. It may be your opinion, but it is seriously biased against Kyrie. We needed each of his buckets at the end to finish the game. Even though we are winning, that doesn't make it stat-padding. That makes it winning.

Seriously, you asked why people got upset at you. Its biased hot takes like these that make people think you must be trolling. They are that absurd.

You are entitled to your opinion about Kyrie. I can't change your mind. But I think you did ask about why people treat your posts the way they do. Its because it honestly sounds like you are trying to troll.

You know Kyrie is awesome when you have to make up things to be critical about.

I hate Kyrie Irving.  I think he's a little fairy.  It doesn't change the fact that objectively, he's the target of attack for every offense we face, and he's attacking with 30 seconds left (up 10ish) like he has to prove he can also score 20 for 40 games in a row.  He's objectively a horrible defender, and that's objectively stat-padding.  I'm sorry that's difficult to acknowledge.  But we're not relying on him to save humanity or anything, so we should be fine...

::) ::) ::)

Great win. Kyrie is a great player. Glad to have him on our team.

« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2017, 10:31:57 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I hate Kyrie Irving.  I think he's a little fairy.  It doesn't change the fact that objectively, he's the target of attack for every offense we face, and he's attacking with 30 seconds left (up 10ish) like he has to prove he can also score 20 for 40 games in a row.  He's objectively a horrible defender, and that's objectively stat-padding.  I'm sorry that's difficult to acknowledge.  But we're not relying on him to save humanity or anything, so we should be fine...

1: We were up 8 with 45 seconds left. If we didn't score and the other team hit a quick 3, we'd be looking at a two-possession game with 30 seconds left. Not saying that we would have lost, but he was putting the last nail in the coffin, not running up the score. That's his job. To score the ball in the fourth and put the game out of reach.

2: He hasn't been "objectively a horrible defender" this season. That's just objectivly false.

Not sure what else there is to say. You're allowed to hate the guy all you want. You're also allowed to be wrong when you make up "objective" reasons to hate him.

Save your breath. He probably thought Kyrie was just showboating and stat padding in overtime in Dallas too.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:15:04 AM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2017, 10:37:56 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Kyrie's stad-padding is obnoxious.  He does this every game.  I don't ever remember IT doing that, even when he needed one more basket to break another Celtic record.

Comments like these are why people think you are a troll. It may be your opinion, but it is seriously biased against Kyrie. We needed each of his buckets at the end to finish the game. Even though we are winning, that doesn't make it stat-padding. That makes it winning.

Seriously, you asked why people got upset at you. Its biased hot takes like these that make people think you must be trolling. They are that absurd.

You are entitled to your opinion about Kyrie. I can't change your mind. But I think you did ask about why people treat your posts the way they do. Its because it honestly sounds like you are trying to troll.

That's a shame. I was a big critic of Kyrie in his Cleveland days for overdribbling and stagnating Cleveland's offense, but his time here as a Celtic has been nothing short of stellar.  His defense has been very good, so I'm not sure why you're criticizing it.

I consider myself fortunate to be able to watch him play.  He's a magician with the ball and is very entertaining to watch.

In his defense, a lot of that wasn't entirely his fault. But yeah, it's so obvious that he is relishing his new role, which is to have his hands on the ball more, creating and making scoring plays.

Real shame that Gordy is down, because given how well all rookies have adjusted to playing NBA defense, we would have had a really good shot at it all this year.. Just don't think we have enough scoring right now. Jaylen could still break out further though - it's possible.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2017, 10:42:40 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Team looks so much different when T Roz/Smart hit shots. With a healthy/full starting lineup, they manage to do that on a more consistent basis, there will be lots of Gino times at the Garden.

« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
REALLY PEOPLE?? REALLY!?!?

You actually fell for @tarheel's troll tactics. LOL

Think about this too. What college basketball team is the Tar Heels. Now who are their rivals. And which college did Kyrie go to...  ???  ;)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2017, 10:53:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
REALLY PEOPLE?? REALLY!?!?

You actually fell for @tarheel's troll tactics. LOL

Think about this too. What college basketball team is the Tar Heels. Now who are their rivals. And which college did Kyrie go to...  ???  ;)

That can't be it. Irving only played 11 games for Duke and he didn't even play UNC in any of those games. If it's the Duke narrative, he should hate Tatum even more.

« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2017, 11:44:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Such a troll.

Don't have to go back far to find this with Thomas.

Up 8 against Washington in OT Thomas gets the ball with an opportunity to bleed the clock down to 8 seconds left. Instead he takes a jumper with 15 left to put us up 10.

Tonigh Irving is up 8 and has an opportunity to bleed the clock down to 27 seconds. Instead he scores with 32 seconds left to put Boston up 10.

bad news for you here is that because of obviously biased baseless complaints like this one, no one is likely to take any of your Irving criticism seriously even if some is well founded. If it comes from Tarheels it's not getting taken seriously.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2017, 12:19:20 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Such a troll.

Up 8 against Washington in OT Thomas gets the ball with an opportunity to bleed the clock down to 8 seconds left. Instead he takes a jumper with 15 left to put us up 10.

Tonigh Irving is up 8 and has an opportunity to bleed the clock down to 27 seconds. Instead he scores with 32 seconds left to put Boston up 10.

bad news for you here is that because of obviously biased baseless complaints like this one, no one is likely to take any of your Irving criticism seriously even if some is well founded. If it comes from Tarheels it's not getting taken seriously.

If anything is trolling, this is it.  You're using his 53-point performance on his late sister's birthday as your example? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39gFgeisYlA&t=191s

We would need a plunger to extract your tongue from your cheek right now. 

(that is a joke, not a plunger threat)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:26:07 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2017, 12:32:25 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Such a troll.

If anything is trolling, this is it.  You're using his 53-point performance on his late sister's birthday as your example? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39gFgeisYlA&t=191s

We would need a plunger to extract your tongue from your cheek right now. 

(that is a joke, not a plunger threat)
Yeah I am using that game.

Don't see the problem with it

You have a problem with a player scoring in a situation where [dang] near every team in the NBA tries to score

He got the ball on the next possession and chose not to try to score.

It's such a ridiculous problem to have with a player. What do you want him to do. Run the clock out and hand the ball to Indiana with 27 seconds left? Honest question
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #264 on: November 30, 2017, 08:51:51 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
one of the youngest rosters in the league

a team built for the future

that is ready to win now

C us rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
LET'S GO CELTICS!