Author Topic: Celtics (26-12) at Mavericks (22-16) Game #39 12/5/23  (Read 10236 times)

Re: Celtics (26-12) at Mavericks (22-16) Game #39 12/5/23
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2023, 09:56:40 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Nice win! Hopefully a streak has begun.

a long streak....
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2023, 09:57:29 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1490
Many talked about how the Celtics performance tonite vs Dallas, after their awful game @ OKC, would tell us a lot about this team, blah, blah, on and on. I would say how the team responds to this great performance will tell us more. It's not that difficult to come out focused and playing hard after you are embarrassed. It's much tougher to maintain focus and intensity after a big win.

Agreed let’s see this same effort and unselfish play against a bad team in SA.  Let’s not play down to our competition.  Don’t get caught looking to the Nets game.

« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2023, 09:57:58 PM »

Online Silas

• Danny Ainge
Fun game, enjoyed it from the start. Next the Spurs.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2023, 09:58:25 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1448
Tatum>Luka
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2023, 10:00:03 PM »

Online Silas

• Danny Ainge

« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2023, 10:00:26 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Nice W Bush

« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2023, 10:01:13 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1242
Many talked about how the Celtics performance tonite vs Dallas, after their awful game @ OKC, would tell us a lot about this team, blah, blah, on and on. I would say how the team responds to this great performance will tell us more. It's not that difficult to come out focused and playing hard after you are embarrassed. It's much tougher to maintain focus and intensity after a big win.

Agreed let’s see this same effort and unselfish play against a bad team in SA.  Let’s not play down to our competition.  Don’t get caught looking to the Nets game.

I think they’ll pull out a win in San Antonio. But i’m prepared for another underwhelming performance somewhere down the road. That’s just how it is i guess. With all the injuries and load management, what do you guys feel about a shorter season, less back to backs?

« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2023, 10:12:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3008
  • On To Banner 18!
Tatum with a ho-hum triple double  8)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2023, 10:15:04 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1448
Tatum>Luka

Tonight for sure.

I think Tatum is a more complete player in general. Luka is a great talent, but he’s also a blackhole and doesn’t play defense. I’m not sure his teammates love playing with him, either.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2023, 10:16:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3186
Tatum>Luka

Tonight for sure.

I think Tatum is a more complete player in general. Luka is a great talent, but he’s also a blackhole and doesn’t play defense. I’m not sure his teammates love playing with him, either.

They are both great that's for sure.

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2023, 11:13:41 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1621
  • What a Pub Should Be
Great win on the road against a tough opponent.   Nice to see them bounce back a bit defensively.  This team seems fine, for the most part, against quality opponents.  Just would like to see more consistency and focus against the lesser ones.  Try not to play down to SA on Saturday.

Very satisfying win.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2023, 12:26:06 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738

I think they’ll pull out a win in San Antonio. But i’m prepared for another underwhelming performance somewhere down the road. That’s just how it is i guess. With all the injuries and load management, what do you guys feel about a shorter season, less back to backs?

I fully support a shorter season, 60 games max.
I think playing 82 games over a 6-month marathon only to get to the meaningful playoff games is crazy.
Of course, the players would have to be willing to make less money.
Think Lebron could get by on $20-million a year. Might be tough on him.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2023, 01:18:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I think playing 82 games over a 6-month marathon only to get to the meaningful playoff games is crazy.

This shortening of the season is embarrassing to me. You had 7 foot guys flying around in coach with no access to half the stuff modern players enjoy (nutrition, massages, ice baths, sleep chambers). Heck some even had side jobs. Plus you freeze all time
Leaders for any stat forever if you chop 22 games off season.

« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2023, 05:28:54 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar

This shortening of the season is embarrassing to me. You had 7 foot guys flying around in coach with no access to half the stuff modern players enjoy (nutrition, massages, ice baths, sleep chambers). Heck some even had side jobs. Plus you freeze all time
Leaders for any stat forever if you chop 22 games off season.

Agreed - one of the most important abilities for pro athletes is durability.

Also, it's not the players who would be taking a massive financial hit, it's the league ownership.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.