Poll

What do you do when the Celtics play early on football Sundays?

flip between football and basketball
8 (44.4%)
record Celtics and watch football
2 (11.1%)
just skip the Celtics game
2 (11.1%)
I only watch the Celtics
5 (27.8%)
other
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: What do you do when the Celtics play early on football Sundays?  (Read 5387 times)

What do you do when the Celtics play early on football Sundays?
« on: November 22, 2009, 12:40:36 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I record the C's and watch football. I am interested in what you guys do.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:14:02 AM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: What do you do when the Cetics play early on football Sundays?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I record the Patriots game and watch the Celtics live. One of my major gripes with the NFL is the assault I receive from them on a weekly basis, their weapon of choice... the commercial. When you watch a recorded NFL game, skip through all the commercials and some of the in between play walking around, you can get through a game in about 40-60 minutes.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 01:30:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Even though I don't do it under this circumstance I would totally understand a man crying about this and wouldn't call him names. It's important [dang it]

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
So, seriously...  what football fan would have skipped watching to see that abomination?  Ugh.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Is this a serious question because if you are a serious Celtics fan this will be your only answer.  You watch the Celtics game and flip to football during the Celtics commercials.  And if it is the Patriots playing the early game at the same time as the Celtics you tape one of the two games and watch the one you taped right after you finish watching the one live.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Is this a serious question because if you are a serious Celtics fan this will be your only answer.  You watch the Celtics game and flip to football during the Celtics commercials.  And if it is the Patriots playing the early game at the same time as the Celtics you tape one of the two games and watch the one you taped right after you finish watching the one live.

This is basically exactly what I do.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 07:20:05 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

This is basically exactly what I do.

Re: What do you do when the Celtics play early on football Sundays?
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

I love the football as much as I love basketball. I play fantasy football which even makes the games even more interesting. I still watch the Celtics game, but on my DVR later on that night.

Also, too many assume everyone who loves the Celtics, love the Patriots. We don't all live in Boston. :o
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:13:34 AM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 12:43:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
OK, what are you doing today?

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I love the football as much as I love basketball. I play fantasy football which even makes the games even more interesting. I still watch the Celtics game, but on my DVR later on that night.

Also, too many assume everyone who loves the Celtics, love the Patriots. We don't all live in Boston. :o
Indeed, Roy and I are Bears fans.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

I too, am a huge Bears fan.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 12:53:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

It was a tough season, but hopefully a new coordinator and a healthy Urlacher help get things going next year.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

It was a tough season, but hopefully a new coordinator and a healthy Urlacher help get things going next year.

I was hoping for Jeremy Bates, but it looks like Carrol is taking him to Seattle. I hope it's not Mike Martz.

Larry Bird

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 01:17:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Where is "watch Celtics and skip football, unless it's a playoff, in which case I TiVo football"?  I'll just take 'other' I guess.  I'll be flipping b/w this one and the Cuse game til both are done, then watch the football w/out commercials or halftime  :D

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I usually watch the Celtics game on my computer and have football on the TV.

I'm not a Pats fan though.