24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 145630 times)

Re: This is why I don't want to sign Kyrie
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2019, 11:26:37 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
The first time I ever saw Kyrie was the world games or Olympics, whatever that was.  I saw his talent but the only reason I watched is because they were struggling and I was curious.  What I saw was exactly what we 're going through right now. That was probably 7 years ago.

Lebron being a playmaker with the clout to actually reign Kyrie in, is what worked for them.

I don't see this team or next year with AD able to do that. I think being mesmerized by his talent has blinded everyone to the fact he doesn't fit Brad or this team.

And mind you, that olympics team was filled with the best talent in the NBA at the time, but still struggled with Kyrie controlling everyone's looks at the basket.

Then it's time for Brad to go, not Kyrie.

If you look at it correctly you'll see Cleveland wasn't that great of a team WITH Lebron...without him they clearly would've stunk.

Another thing yall should notice about Kyrie...when things get bad or people start talking about his lack of playmaking, then he immediately goes out and changes his game a little and they actually win some.

Then he slowly reverts back to what he likes.

This tells me this problem will never go away and his drama is just too much without a Lebron.  It's why I posted that about the olympics 7 years ago.

The only reason I think it's best to let him walk is because Danny will create some package that disrupts this team's developement as usual, and we will REALLY feel his loss after that.

I don't trust Danny, Brad, or Kyrie...and I wish Kyrie was never available to us. We would've been in a much better place this year, and fans act like he been here a decade and did as much as Pierce or something.

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 11:31:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
“Judge us when we have our full lineup,” Irving said. “But obviously when we come out and play like this with a bunch of young guys down the stretch, figuring things out … things are bound to happen but there’s no excuses.”

It's getting tiring to listen to

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 11:35:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wonder if this whole Kyrie trade doesn't end up working

Danny will have interest in trying to sign Kemba Walker

Kemba and Middleton would be high on the list I'm guessing

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Sounds delusional. No cap space to sign either one.

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2019, 11:44:13 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
The first time I ever saw Kyrie was the world games or Olympics, whatever that was.  I saw his talent but the only reason I watched is because they were struggling and I was curious.  What I saw was exactly what we 're going through right now. That was probably 7 years ago.

Lebron being a playmaker with the clout to actually reign Kyrie in, is what worked for them.

I don't see this team or next year with AD able to do that. I think being mesmerized by his talent has blinded everyone to the fact he doesn't fit Brad or this team.

And mind you, that olympics team was filled with the best talent in the NBA at the time, but still struggled with Kyrie controlling everyone's looks at the basket.

If you look at it correctly you'll see Cleveland wasn't that great of a team WITH Lebron...without him they clearly would've stunk.

Another thing yall should notice about Kyrie...when things get bad or people start talking about his lack of playmaking, then he immediately goes out and changes his game a little and they actually win some.

Then he slowly reverts back to what he likes.

This tells me this problem will never go away and his drama is just too much without a Lebron.  It's why I posted that about the olympics 7 years ago.

The only reason I think it's best to let him walk is because Danny will create some package that disrupts this team's developement as usual, and we will REALLY feel his loss after that.

I don't trust Danny, Brad, or Kyrie...and I wish Kyrie was never available to us. We would've been in a much better place this year, and fans act like he been here a decade and did as much as Pierce or something.

Tp

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

We really need to have mandatory tests on how the cap works before a person can post on here. That should take care of all of the insane things that get posted here.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2019, 11:50:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

why not

No Irving, No Morris, No Horford

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah.  I'd trade Kyrie + Smart for Kemba + Middleton, but that's not at all possible.  Cap space doesn't work like that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yeah.  I'd trade Kyrie + Smart for Kemba + Middleton, but that's not at all possible.  Cap space doesn't work like that.

Again

no Irving, Morris, Horford

so there will be capspace in this scenario

If Al Returns it would be on a team friendly extension also

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2019, 12:03:49 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
“Judge us when we have our full lineup,” Irving said. “But obviously when we come out and play like this with a bunch of young guys down the stretch, figuring things out … things are bound to happen but there’s no excuses.”

Is that after the Charlotte game? A young guy who you conveniently ignored in crunch time was scorching hot and carried you guys throughout the game.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2019, 12:14:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Is that after the Charlotte game? A young guy who you conveniently ignored in crunch time was scorching hot and carried you guys throughout the game.

seriously

Brown without a shot in the last 3 mins, because Irving doesn't understand how to win

It is also in some ways Brown fault

he should run up to Irving and demand the ball

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2019, 12:19:19 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

lol, that's how the pro-IT fans act.

i really hope you guys wanting kyrie gone in favor of stevens get what you want so we can win our 50 games in the reg. season and get bounced by a much more talented team and we're left saying "maybe next yr." only that "next yr." never comes.

the only reason this isn't working is the lack of an NBA coach.   

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2019, 12:22:39 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I just want this season over. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead. But this team is not much of anything. Blow big losses, no chemistry, Brad looks lost.

Get this over with one way of the other.

yeah i seeall this too.  Add in Gordons troubles.

i think alot of this stockpiling of wings  the poor attitudes ,  , no bigs is posturing for the run at Davis .  Basically Magic J. has done the same with Lakers , even with Bron it killed the Lakers . Its all about landing the stars or in our case AD. 

i still say. DA is going for broke to land Davis and the team knows it and they are having a hard time dealing with it. . I think DA is so locked in on Davis as the franchise centerpiece,   I think he does the trade no matter what Kyrie does.   

Think we will have Gordon and Davis no matter what next year.  Not one other player i would bet on being here .  They pretty much know he ll trade what ever it takes.   Which i think will be at least 2-3 of our best young players .

Their brains are just not focused as a team ....playing for each other ...its about uping their pay day for a signing with anothertean not named Boston . 

The AD chase has sunk the Celtics and Lakers this year.  Kinda Magics fault wanting to go to war early and land Davis.  That pushed everything out in the open and dragged Boston into too. 

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2019, 12:24:04 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

seriously

Brown without a shot in the last 3 mins, because Irving doesn't understand how to win

It is also in some ways Brown fault

he should run up to Irving and demand the ball

ummm irving wasn't on the floor when the players gave up the huge lead we had. scal even said "i was hoping irving wouldn't have to come back in the game".

so the guy tries to do what he can to win the game and we ostracize him for pointing out the facts. this fan base doesn't deserve a superstar.

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Unless Kyrie is going to play properly in the playoffs

No interest in resigning him

He doesnt know how to win leading a team. A far better robin than batman

Liability on the defensive end late in games

Doesnt pass the ball with less than 3 min left....  look at me everybody mentality

This is mostly on target. The problem is we aren't going anywhere without Kyrie either. Too many ball stoppers on this team. We're the new home of ego's are us. Morris, Tatum, Rozier, Brown, Kyrie.

Too many poor passers, but more importantly too many reluctant passers. They pass the ball when their one on one attempt gets shut-down.

We must come to the realization that the system we are running, isn't for this team. It's built for a team that DA and Stevens may want, but don't have.

And again, last year the East was a terribly weak division. Forget the EC finals of last year.