Author Topic: 2019 Draft  (Read 41457 times)

Re: 2019 Draft
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
So I thought Gonzaga was going to be the team to beat this year. They lost Tillie for the year but still have a couple of good prospects (Hachimura, who's played well so far and a freak of an athlete named Brandon Clarke). Check out the Clarke block at 40:45 of the video. He didn't see much time in the first half but in the second was a beast. 5 blocks and 4-4 shooting for the game. He really is a freak of athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzjLDjp-wEY
Another impressive showing for Brandon Clarke:
18 pts on 8-9 FGA. 4 boards and 4 blocks and 4 PF. Someone to keep an eye on, with one of our mid-first rounder, once conference play starts.
Rui Hachimura, who I always thought was a bit overrated to the point where I had to email nbdraft.net and complain when they had him mocked in the top 5, has been playing great. Someone else to keep an eye on for our lottery pick.

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2018, 08:53:48 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
So I thought Gonzaga was going to be the team to beat this year. They lost Tillie for the year but still have a couple of good prospects (Hachimura, who's played well so far and a freak of an athlete named Brandon Clarke). Check out the Clarke block at 40:45 of the video. He didn't see much time in the first half but in the second was a beast. 5 blocks and 4-4 shooting for the game. He really is a freak of athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzjLDjp-wEY
Another impressive showing for Brandon Clarke:
18 pts on 8-9 FGA. 4 boards and 4 blocks and 4 PF. Someone to keep an eye on, with one of our mid-first rounder, once conference play starts.
Rui Hachimura, who I always thought was a bit overrated to the point where I had to email nbdraft.net and complain when they had him mocked in the top 5, has been playing great. Someone else to keep an eye on for our lottery pick.
If anyone saw the Duke/Gonzaga game now knows this Clarke kid is now surely on the radar.
17 pts, 5 rb, 6 blks! Zion overpowered him a few times down low but he can do that to a lot of NBA guys as well. He needs a jump shot but he has a spot in the nba waiting for him.
Too bad the Zags lost Killian Tillie for the year or else that team would be unbeatable, at least until tourney time.

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2018, 09:00:08 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Mandatory info:
ex-Celtic Stojko Vranković's son, Antonio plays for Duke
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/v/vrankst01.html
Antonio's numbers are like his fathers in the NBA, very modest.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3913177/antonio-vrankovic
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2018, 11:34:04 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2018, 12:11:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Jordan Ray. Another guy I've never heard of.

http://amicohoops.net/exclusive-ray-says-he-will-declare-for-2019-nba-draft/
he certainly does not lack for confidence or self-promotion. i guess being with the ball clan has rubbed off on him.  :-\
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2018, 01:58:32 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Jordan Ray. Another guy I've never heard of.

http://amicohoops.net/exclusive-ray-says-he-will-declare-for-2019-nba-draft/
he certainly does not lack for confidence or self-promotion. i guess being with the ball clan has rubbed off on him.  :-\
From the article:
“I don’t see any guards capable of what I’m doing at my size as in putting up points and assists,” Ray said. “I believe I’m a lottery pick.”

Ja Morant and, to a slightly lesser degree, Shamorie Ponds say HI!

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Mandatory info:
ex-Celtic Stojko Vranković's son, Antonio plays for Duke
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/v/vrankst01.html
Antonio's numbers are like his fathers in the NBA, very modest.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3913177/antonio-vrankovic

Stojko!!!

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2018, 07:12:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think all our picks are going to be packaged in a deal.

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2018, 01:28:56 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
If people had to pick right now between Rui Hachimura and Bol Bol as the future big man compliment to Robert Williams III, who ya got?

IMO it's a very clear cut case of Floor vs Ceiling. Rui is the rock solid Sophmore who is fairley close to a cant miss rotation contributor. Bol Bol has flashes of the highest levels of skill and production but can tend to float at times.

I think that I would take Hachimura over Bol as a more rock solid compliment to RWIII but I could also imagine a world where 7 years down the road, that statement would be laughable.

Who ya got?

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think all our picks are going to be packaged in a deal.
Its not always easy.  Didn’t a lot of us think that the year we drafted Zizic and Yabu?  It would make the most sense though.

« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2018, 01:35:59 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Right now with the morning coffee in my veins....a draft that would excite me is as follows:

with the Sacramento or Grizzlies pick:  Ja Morant, possible Rozier replacer.  He's smooth!

paired with one of the following:  Little, Hachimura, Doumbouya..   PF shore up

Clippers or Celtics pick:  KZ Okpala (potential.... no need to play next year)

Final pick:  Stash Samanic

So Morant, a PF from above, Okpala and stash of Samanic

stick with Brown and Smart as SG's...
Center we have Baynes and Williams.

Would also be ok with backup (or future) center help instead of Samanic.  Gafford or Bruno Fernando....

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If people had to pick right now between Rui Hachimura and Bol Bol as the future big man compliment to Robert Williams III, who ya got?

IMO it's a very clear cut case of Floor vs Ceiling. Rui is the rock solid Sophmore who is fairley close to a cant miss rotation contributor. Bol Bol has flashes of the highest levels of skill and production but can tend to float at times.

I think that I would take Hachimura over Bol as a more rock solid compliment to RWIII but I could also imagine a world where 7 years down the road, that statement would be laughable.

Who ya got?

Tough call!  at this point I too would take the safer Hachimura.  Let's see if Bol Bol turn himself into an obvious top tier pick as the season progresses...