Author Topic: Reggie Lewis Blocks Michael Jordan 4 times in same game...  (Read 8014 times)

Reggie Lewis Blocks Michael Jordan 4 times in same game...
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ni7t4swtdYw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ni7t4swtdYw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RIP to one of my Favorite Players ever---Imagine if we had him guarding Michael--and Len Bias going against Pippen in the 90's....woulda been quite a different history...

Re: Reggie Lewis Blocks Michael Jordan 4 times in same game...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
tp for this dude.
yeah, its still such a shame about reggie. people forget how great he was. amazing athletic ability in that clip - he had such length for a guard. the entire 90's decade would've been so different if reggie had been around.

i always think of how highly regarded reggie miller became. he's a great player, but i remember in the early 90's him and reggie lewis were kind of neck and neck during those celtics-pacers rivalries with larry vs chuck person. i really think trggie lewis would've gone on to be a better player than miller - and that's saying something. as shown in your clip, reggie lewis could really defend, didn't have to resort to flopping.

anyway, cool clip and rip reggie lewis.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I know some won't believe me, but I was actually at this game. Easter Sunday 1991. We sat in the front row of the balcony right behind the basket - that steep and high level where the 100-something steps down to the front were tiny - like a foot long - and you thought for sure (at least as a kid) that you or somebody else was gonna slip and come flying down the stairs.

The Celtics were shooting at the basket we were above in the fourth, and I remember Reggie hitting that 3, and I'm positive Jordan hit what would have been a game winner on the other end but they waved it off as being too late. Although that may have been in overtime. To be honest, I don't remember how many overtimes there were, I just remember it was an amazing game the Celtics won, and it stuck out especially because it was Easter Sunday.

It never occurred to me, probably because I was there without the benefit of announcers telling us the pertinent stuff (and I was 10), that Reggie had blocked Jordan 4 times. Now that I know I was at the game, I just feel blessed. At the time, I just knew it was the best Celtics game I ever went to (just ahead of Game 1 of the 91 Playoff series against Indiana, when the Pacers were winning in the second half and you could hear Chuck Person talking trash to Larry Bird up in Section 99 - corner next to the organ where we usually got tickets - then Bird started talking and the Celtics took over in the 4th quarter behind Bird's triple double).

TP for the link and the memories.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
absolutely a TP for you.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
definitely, tp... great clip
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 02:52:49 PM »

Offline geneconley

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
Wow... Thanks and TP for you.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
It brings tears to my eyes watching that clip. When the crowd erupts after Reggie's 3 point shot its just awesome. Reggie was the first NBA player I ever got to meet face to face in real life.

There is a really nice memorial of Reggie in Dorchester on the corner or of Bowdoin and Hamilton you can see it on google street.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 03:14:42 PM »

Offline junksta1977

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I know some won't believe me, but I was actually at this game. Easter Sunday 1991. We sat in the front row of the balcony right behind the basket - that steep and high level where the 100-something steps down to the front were tiny - like a foot long - and you thought for sure (at least as a kid) that you or somebody else was gonna slip and come flying down the stairs.

The Celtics were shooting at the basket we were above in the fourth, and I remember Reggie hitting that 3, and I'm positive Jordan hit what would have been a game winner on the other end but they waved it off as being too late. Although that may have been in overtime. To be honest, I don't remember how many overtimes there were, I just remember it was an amazing game the Celtics won, and it stuck out especially because it was Easter Sunday.

It never occurred to me, probably because I was there without the benefit of announcers telling us the pertinent stuff (and I was 10), that Reggie had blocked Jordan 4 times. Now that I know I was at the game, I just feel blessed. At the time, I just knew it was the best Celtics game I ever went to (just ahead of Game 1 of the 91 Playoff series against Indiana, when the Pacers were winning in the second half and you could hear Chuck Person talking trash to Larry Bird up in Section 99 - corner next to the organ where we usually got tickets - then Bird started talking and the Celtics took over in the 4th quarter behind Bird's triple double).

TP for the link and the memories.

I believe you!  I was at this game too.  It was my first Celtics game!  My uncle brought me, and we had obstructed view seats.  A pillar was perfectly placed at half court so we had to lean one way or the other depending on what side of the court the ball was on.  A terrific game for my first one.  You're right about Jordan's shot, it was at the end of overtime.  Reggie was my favorite player.  R.I.P.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 03:27:52 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I watched this game, what a beauty
of a b-ball game.  Celts won 135-131
in  double OT, if I recall correctly.
TP for posting this!

RIP, Reggie. Gone but not forgotten...

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
that vid was so dope!  thx for posting

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Yeah,Reggie was the best...just can't imagine what a tandem of him and Lenny woulda done to the league.

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
All the Reggie talk the last two days has me rethinking where I have him ranked on the All Time Celtics countdown list. Man, he was really a great player. Imagine, even after the likely lengthened careers of Bird and McHale, a decade of Len and Reggie against Michael and Scottie.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
OUTSTANDING. TP delivered.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I remember this game like it was yesterday since my brother was a huge Bulls fan.  Easter Sunday and we started fighting each other (I was 12 and he was 8).  If I recall correctly Kevin Gamble hit the first shot of the game to start it off and I was going wild and he hit me in the head and then we had to be separated by my mom who basically took turns with my Dad in making sure we didn't act out again.

Really funny remembering this.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 06:08:33 PM »

Offline federico

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
This video with also the original audio is fantastic. The explosion of the Garden it's incredible. Really a good job!

TP for you! :)