Author Topic: Woj: "Kyrie Day to Day"  (Read 5115 times)

Re: Woj: "Kyrie Day to Day"
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 11:47:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I thought Antoine made some interesting comments regarding Kyrie

https://sports.yahoo.com/antoine-walker-doesnt-think-kyrie-235412120.html

looks like Toine has been reading my takes. I do not see Kyrie as a Celtic at all... sign the long term deal then we can trust ya fellow.

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 11:50:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Kyrie is a 25 yr old with numerous DNP for knee issues. He has had multiple knee surgeries. This is not a player you want to spend a supermax contract on. Not when your other supermax are a player returning from serious ankle injury and a player over his prime years.

Danny has a tough job ahead.

For the millionth time, Kyrie Irving is not eligible for a super max. In order to get that you must play for the same team as your rookie deals.

He’s going to sign roughly a 5 year 180 million deal and it’s going to be worth every penny. You don’t let people like Kyrie walk over money.

Agreed. What astounds me is I think some people are taking for granted just how good Kyrie really is. Pay attention to him on the court. His ball handling is phenomenal and his court awareness is off the charts. He literally runs circles around his defender. He puts on a show like I've never seen and it truly is a pleasure watching him play.

No question he is by far the best ball handler in the history of the NBA. That is a fact. What is also a fact is that he is not durable. You have to decide what you want. A showman or championships. He cannot win you championships if he is not playing. It is clear you have to manage his minutes. Because of that you cannot pay him the max because you have to pay his backup that will keep him healthy.

I take my chances and give him the max. You're not going to find a better point guard in the league than Kyrie and because we can offer him the most money, it's in the team's best interest to keep him. He also suffered his share of injuries in Cleveland but he also played a large role in the Cavs winning a championship.

He sure did that in Cleveland, but guess what when he did not play, they did not win. Celtics must find a way to keep him on the court. Pay him, but get expert opinion from the doctors on how much his knees can take. His issues are his knees or knee. When you pay an asset 180,000,000 you need to protect the asset.  Maybe Kyrie should even be counseled about some of his ankle breaking moves.
Do you really believe that before signing a player to a 5 year $180 million contract, Ainge and the Celtics hierarchy, which includes a bunch of lawyers, wouldn't have him looked at by the very best of doctors?

Kyrie has lawyers too and doctors..it is all negotiable what you get and what you do not get.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2019, 01:14:16 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kyrie is a 25 yr old with numerous DNP for knee issues. He has had multiple knee surgeries. This is not a player you want to spend a supermax contract on. Not when your other supermax are a player returning from serious ankle injury and a player over his prime years.

Danny has a tough job ahead.

For the millionth time, Kyrie Irving is not eligible for a super max. In order to get that you must play for the same team as your rookie deals.

He’s going to sign roughly a 5 year 180 million deal and it’s going to be worth every penny. You don’t let people like Kyrie walk over money.

Agreed. What astounds me is I think some people are taking for granted just how good Kyrie really is. Pay attention to him on the court. His ball handling is phenomenal and his court awareness is off the charts. He literally runs circles around his defender. He puts on a show like I've never seen and it truly is a pleasure watching him play.

No question he is by far the best ball handler in the history of the NBA. That is a fact. What is also a fact is that he is not durable. You have to decide what you want. A showman or championships. He cannot win you championships if he is not playing. It is clear you have to manage his minutes. Because of that you cannot pay him the max because you have to pay his backup that will keep him healthy.

I take my chances and give him the max. You're not going to find a better point guard in the league than Kyrie and because we can offer him the most money, it's in the team's best interest to keep him. He also suffered his share of injuries in Cleveland but he also played a large role in the Cavs winning a championship.

He sure did that in Cleveland, but guess what when he did not play, they did not win. Celtics must find a way to keep him on the court. Pay him, but get expert opinion from the doctors on how much his knees can take. His issues are his knees or knee. When you pay an asset 180,000,000 you need to protect the asset.  Maybe Kyrie should even be counseled about some of his ankle breaking moves.
Do you really believe that before signing a player to a 5 year $180 million contract, Ainge and the Celtics hierarchy, which includes a bunch of lawyers, wouldn't have him looked at by the very best of doctors?

Kyrie has lawyers too and doctors..it is all negotiable what you get and what you do not get.
Okay.........not sure any of that answered my question. But, okay. Kyrie has lawyers, too.

Now can you answer my original question?