Author Topic: Trading Bradley Would Be Beyond Stupid.  (Read 9239 times)

Re: Trading Bradley Would Be Beyond Stupid.
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Once ab is back i think we already have a team that can beat the heat. So forgive me for not being so fast to wanna break that up.

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Do we have to put expectations on players so unbelievable high?

First, Green is an all-star player waiting to be unleashed.  He was just never used right with the Thunder.  He never had the time to be comfortable with the Celtics.

Then there is Sullinger.  He will be a starter day one.  He will fix all the Celtics rebounding and low post offensive issues.

Now Bradley.  He will fix all the issues the Celtics have.  He will put the Celtics over the top of the Heat.  He is the reason the Celtics will be great on defense. 

Why put on expectations on players that have never lived up to those expectations to begin with?  It only sets you up for disappointment when they don't play up to these unrealistic goals.  Even when the player is playing within the expectations and wants of the team, you the fan will be disappointed in that player for failing your expectation.   

First of all, i never once thought green would be an allstar. I thought he should be playing better than he is now that's about it. I wanted sully to start over bass mainly because i don't like bass starting and sully can rebound. Avery bradley is another story.

I have already seen how he plays with us. Are you really trying to tell me he was elite on defense before but when he comes back he won't be? I think maybe you should go watch some tape on our team when AB was in the lineup because you clearly have forgotten how unbelievable good we were. Also, you're clearly not a believer in avery so obviously you love the gortat idea.

This isn't a list of things you said but a list of things that have been pushed around here by different posters.

And I know how good AB can be on defense.  We saw it for those 15 games. 

But 15 games is enough to call him the difference maker against the Heat? 

Has he really shown enough in his career to be called a star?

I have high hopes of what he can develop into, but for now, I will be happy to see him back on floor being a defensive pest and developing a respectable jump shot.  Anything more then that is just gravy right now. 

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Do we have to put expectations on players so unbelievable high?

First, Green is an all-star player waiting to be unleashed.  He was just never used right with the Thunder.  He never had the time to be comfortable with the Celtics.

Then there is Sullinger.  He will be a starter day one.  He will fix all the Celtics rebounding and low post offensive issues.

Now Bradley.  He will fix all the issues the Celtics have.  He will put the Celtics over the top of the Heat.  He is the reason the Celtics will be great on defense. 

Why put on expectations on players that have never lived up to those expectations to begin with?  It only sets you up for disappointment when they don't play up to these unrealistic goals.  Even when the player is playing within the expectations and wants of the team, you the fan will be disappointed in that player for failing your expectation.   

First of all, i never once thought green would be an allstar. I thought he should be playing better than he is now that's about it. I wanted sully to start over bass mainly because i don't like bass starting and sully can rebound. Avery bradley is another story.

I have already seen how he plays with us. Are you really trying to tell me he was elite on defense before but when he comes back he won't be? I think maybe you should go watch some tape on our team when AB was in the lineup because you clearly have forgotten how unbelievable good we were. Also, you're clearly not a believer in avery so obviously you love the gortat idea.

This isn't a list of things you said but a list of things that have been pushed around here by different posters.

And I know how good AB can be on defense.  We saw it for those 15 games. 

But 15 games is enough to call him the difference maker against the Heat? 

Has he really shown enough in his career to be called a star?

I have high hopes of what he can develop into, but for now, I will be happy to see him back on floor being a defensive pest and developing a respectable jump shot.  Anything more then that is just gravy right now.

A star on the defensive end yes. Also i agree with the second part i put in bold.

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 05:35:38 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
When is the last time Martin or Birdman were starting caliber big men?
I think Kenyon Martin still is a starting caliber power forward. Probably a minutes limited one (20-25mpg) rather than a 30-35mpg guy. Kenyon's strong defense and solid possession creation (plus solid passing) make him a good glue guy as a starting PF.

Chris Andersen has never and will never be a starting caliber player. Good backup center though. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:12:38 AM by Who »

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I honestly belive that this team will REALLY start to improve once Bradley comes back.

for a team that prides itself on defense, Bradley will make a huge difference in stopping dribble penetration. that will allow our bigs to guard their guy/the rim and NOT have to help out.

thats why our defense became so scary with him last year...Rondo cant consistently stay in front of his man. But if you have someone like bradley who can stop penetration it makes Rondo's job easier.

also, our team looks lethargic out there...Bradley's effort on defense is infectious and just makes EVERYONE on the team play better.

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Can we please calm down with the Avery Bradley hype? You would think some fans think he's the second coming of Bill Russell

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Can we please calm down with the Avery Bradley hype? You would think some fans think he's the second coming of Bill Russell

the longer he's out, the more the legend of Avery Bradley grows! LOL

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

the longer he's out, the more the legend of Avery Bradley grows! LOL

Lol, no kidding. I am still waiting for someone to start the "Michael Jordan couldn't carry Avery Bradley's jock strap" thread.

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
It's only stupid, because he probably has very little trade value.  No sense in trading him if he's not worth anything.  As much as we are hyped up about him... 15 games isn't enough to sell the league on him being a future star.  Doubt we could even land a lotto pick for him.

If some team is as enamored with Bradley as some of the Celtic fans on this board are... then it might be beyond stupid NOT to trade him.  If it means landing a legit star big man, do it.  There is no guarantee that a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard who averaged 7 points and .7 steals is going to be a star in this league.  It's harder to land legit bigs in this league than it is to land undersized shooting guards who can't play point.

Nobody is claiming avery bradleys trade value is high. I couldn't care less how other teams around the league feel about avery. All i can tell you is the team i saw out there before bradley got hurt would have taken down the heat. The team i saw out there was the best team in the league until bradley fell. And u wanna break that up, stupid.

What exactly are you basing this on? The ONE game back in early April when the Celtics beat Miami in Boston where Bradley rejected Wade? Way too small of a sample size.

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
It's only stupid, because he probably has very little trade value.  No sense in trading him if he's not worth anything.  As much as we are hyped up about him... 15 games isn't enough to sell the league on him being a future star.  Doubt we could even land a lotto pick for him.

If some team is as enamored with Bradley as some of the Celtic fans on this board are... then it might be beyond stupid NOT to trade him.  If it means landing a legit star big man, do it.  There is no guarantee that a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard who averaged 7 points and .7 steals is going to be a star in this league.  It's harder to land legit bigs in this league than it is to land undersized shooting guards who can't play point.

Nobody is claiming avery bradleys trade value is high. I couldn't care less how other teams around the league feel about avery. All i can tell you is the team i saw out there before bradley got hurt would have taken down the heat. The team i saw out there was the best team in the league until bradley fell. And u wanna break that up, stupid.

What exactly are you basing this on? The ONE game back in early April when the Celtics beat Miami in Boston where Bradley rejected Wade? Way too small of a sample size.

This blog hyperbolizing about a young, largely unproven Celtics player?

Who knew?

;D

With that said, I agree entirely with you. We're going nowhere rebounding the basketball and defending like this. The latter may improve with time; the former isn't going to. If Bradley can be used to upgrade both, then I am 100 percent behind it.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
we will beat heat when Bradley stops LeBron
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

You're just proving my point. Your memory is clearly short.

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Everything im saying can be backed up by numbers and facts. We were a FAR better team when bradley was in the starting lineup. We turned our season around once kg moved to center AND bradley started. KG is still at center now...........but no AB and we're struggling on the defensive end. Once AB comes back and starts lighting it up on the defensive end and you see our team improve down don't hop on the bandwagon, go find another.

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

You're just proving my point. Your memory is clearly short.

Ok, can you please refresh my memory then? For some reason, other than that Miami game and a game vs Orlando last January in Boston when Rondo/Ray Allen were injured and Bradley was all over Jameer Nelson, I am missing the evidence as to how Bradley is the franchise player you're describing.

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Depends what we got back, such a blanket comment is stupid,  I would trade Bradley for the right player.   If we could get Howard, James, Wade or Smith I would do it in a heartbeat.