Author Topic: Kay Felder  (Read 2586 times)

Kay Felder
« on: June 21, 2016, 12:39:35 AM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
It's seems ridiculous that Kay Felder is so low on mock drafts. I hope Danny picks him up with one of our second round picks. Surely IT has paved the way for scouts to be more open minded about short players with incredible scoring ability? I reckon he could be one THE draft steals of this draft.

Also - Draymond Green heavily endorses Kay Felder which is not hugely significant but he certainly seems passionate about supporting Kay!

Re: Kay Felder
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 12:46:42 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Who is she?

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:47:30 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 01:20:42 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Who is she?

Kay Felder is in fact a make basketball player from Washington entering the draft this year. He's 5'8" and strong as heck. Next Isaiah Thomas.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 01:30:14 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
It's seems ridiculous that Kay Felder is so low on mock drafts. I hope Danny picks him up with one of our second round picks. Surely IT has paved the way for scouts to be more open minded about short players with incredible scoring ability? I reckon he could be one THE draft steals of this draft.

Also - Draymond Green heavily endorses Kay Felder which is not hugely significant but he certainly seems passionate about supporting Kay!

I completely agree and have thought about that for quite a few weeks now since I saw him at the combine and have been meaning to see if anyone has made a thread on him yet.  I've got him ranked #23 overall on my draft board.  I too think he could easily be a steal of the draft if he goes where he's projected to in the second round.  That IT/Nate Robinson type player might not be a franchise savior, but can be a super useful player on so many teams and him projecting to be that kind of player is about as accurate of a projection as you can make in this draft I think.

I'd be happy taking him at #35.  The reason I could see him slipping makes some sense though.  There are some other decent PG prospects in his general ballpark that I could see some teams ranking slightly ahead of him.  Also, late first/early second round could be a prime pick used to draft and stash overseas prospects.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 01:52:39 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I completely agree and have thought about that for quite a few weeks now since I saw him at the combine and have been meaning to see if anyone has made a thread on him yet.  I've got him ranked #23 overall on my draft board.  I too think he could easily be a steal of the draft if he goes where he's projected to in the second round.  That IT/Nate Robinson type player might not be a franchise savior, but can be a super useful player on so many teams and him projecting to be that kind of player is about as accurate of a projection as you can make in this draft I think.

I'd be happy taking him at #35.  The reason I could see him slipping makes some sense though.  There are some other decent PG prospects in his general ballpark that I could see some teams ranking slightly ahead of him.  Also, late first/early second round could be a prime pick used to draft and stash overseas prospects.

You made a draft board, lol? ;D All kidding aside, yeah, Felder is quite the talent, but, and maybe it's just me, I'd rather stay away from guys like him, Ulis, and IT.  As good as they are offensively, they're just too big of a defensive liability, in addition to the fact that guys their size don't last long in the NBA for obvious reasons. 

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 01:57:48 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

You made a draft board, lol? ;D All kidding aside, yeah, Felder is quite the talent, but, and maybe it's just me, I'd rather stay away from guys like him, Ulis, and IT.  As good as they are offensively, they're just too big of a defensive liability, in addition to the fact that guys their size don't last long in the NBA for obvious reasons.
Ummmm.... nooooo....  :P

You've got a point that guys their size don't last long in the NBA, but even a good 5 years out of them is still way more than you get out of typical early 2nd rounders.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 02:48:22 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377