Author Topic: Kyrie rips into the media  (Read 4630 times)

Kyrie rips into the media
« on: February 20, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
So this obviously backs up the whole theory that his “talk to me July 1” and “ I don’t owe anybody sh-t” being comments of frustration towards the media, and not that he’s “changed his mind” on resigning.  This guy hates the media.  I get it, the whole world of internet trolls and fabricated stories online.  I can see both sides and I get that he could handle it better; but it would drive me insane all the lies and angles that are written.  I’d be lying if I said I probably wouldn’t end up acting pretty close to this after being worn down by it.  It’s clear him and Durant talked about this because he sounds a lot like Durant did a couple weeks ago when he opened up on them too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KHVau180YNw:  Talks about the BS “two max spots” gig
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:23:36 PM by C3LTSF4N »

Re: Kyrie rips into the media
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:18:31 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
“You do it for the likes and clicks”

“It’s not real life”

These have been my driving arguments on multiple forums through all this AD saga and with Kyrie.  Fake news made to make fake things become real.  Lies and deceit.  It really is pretty messed up, and it isn’t real life.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:25:59 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

“It’s not real life”

These have been my driving arguments on multiple forums through all this AD saga and with Kyrie.  Fake news made to make fake things become real.  Lies and deceit.  It really is pretty messed up, and it isn’t real life.

Totally understand why these guys get annoyed at these fake stories, but it's a by-product of the large growth of the NBA, and as the reporter points out that it's the fans that want content on their favorite players and teams. What the reporter didn't spell out is that the media obviously drive these stories for clicks (money), and will keep doing so until the money isn't there (i.e fan interest).

Seems like these guys just want to ball, and not deal with ugly side of the business which brings in the large portion of dollars into the NBA, which goes then straight to their pockets. Don't want to get paid and deal with the crazy media? Go and play in another league would be my suggestion.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:31:55 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

“It’s not real life”

Totally understand why these guys get annoyed at these fake stories, but it's a by-product of the large growth of the NBA, and as the reporter points out that it's the fans that want content on their favorite players and teams. What the reporter didn't spell out is that the media obviously drive these stories for clicks (money), and will keep doing so until the money isn't there (i.e fan interest).

Seems like these guys just want to ball, and not deal with ugly side of the business which brings in the large portion of dollars into the NBA, which goes then straight to their pockets.

I think we’re in an ever changing world of social media and it’s nothing like it used to be.  These guys are dealing with a lot more because of smart phones (videos), Twitter, YouTube, etc.  I’m sure it’s a lot more difficult to deal with than it was for all players in the past.  A huge seller is free agency itself.  I hear it on SiriusXM all the time “the nba is year round now”, and “free agency and trade season are more exciting than the regular season”.  Free agency and trade season are the most popular targets for the media since it pulls in the most interest and revenue.  It’s a constant barrage for these guys.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:32:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He has a right to be upset. With that being said:

Kyrie is resigning on July 1, 2019. He will be a Celtic for the next 7-9 years.

AD will follow - unless JT and JB play out of their minds and Danny changes his mind.

BOS could very well have Banner 18 on top of all of this.

And The Lakers and NY - perhaps the two biggest harbingers of these trade rumors - will fester in lottery purgatory for the foreseeable future.

And Kareem and Patrick ain't walking through any doors or time warps.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 10:34:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Gary Washburn: Kyrie: “It’s my life, right? It’s two people talking, having a conversation. If this was the real world, would it be anybody else’s business? It’s a video of somebody assuming what we’re talking about. So why would I care about it? Why are you asking me those type of questions?

Kyrie....relax

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 10:36:27 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
He has a right to be upset. With that being said:

Kyrie is resigning on July 1, 2019. He will be a Celtic for the next 7-9 years.

AD will follow - unless JT and JB play out of their minds and Danny changes his mind.

BOS could very well have Banner 18 on top of all of this.

And The Lakers and NY - perhaps the two biggest harbingers of these trade rumors - will fester in lottery purgatory for the foreseeable future.

And Kareem and Patrick ain't walking through any doors or time warps.

New York and Los Angeles are driving the controversy because it’s the only real thing they have a chance of beating us at right now.  Psychological warfare in a sense.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Gary Washburn: Kyrie: “It’s my life, right? It’s two people talking, having a conversation. If this was the real world, would it be anybody else’s business? It’s a video of somebody assuming what we’re talking about. So why would I care about it? Why are you asking me those type of questions?

Kyrie....relax
He makes no sense as usual lol

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 10:37:47 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Kyrie....relax

When you’re hot you blow up, these guys are human man.  Like I said I bet I’d do the same.  He’s a basketball player, not a politician.  It’s effecting his personal life.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 10:39:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I can't say I blame him but he gets it, this is the reality of the click-focused, social media driven 24 hour news cycle we all live in today. We all see it ourselves, not just in sport - there's a clear distinction now between reporting the news and what is newsworthy and creating a media narrative that can be used to fill hours of programming. So Kyrie made some comments critical of the media in a part of a wide ranging interview because of some speculation of what he was saying to KD in a casual side conversation (we even had people trying in vain to read lips and such).

As a result of his outburst the narrative is now "Kyrie is mad at the media" and that narrative will be4 used as fuel for ESPN, Fox and NBC Sports talk shows. Because it can then be split into so many more sub-narratives: Why is Kyrie mad at the media? Do the media deserve his vitriol? Is he mad at the media because they're digging a bit too close into his true desires, which is to team up with KD? Which then can be used to re-fuel the "Kyrie is leaving Boston to join KD at the Knicks" narrative. Etc etc. If you're a producer for one of those shows you're salivating at everything Kyrie just said.

You've got days of programming out of that, and days of people talking about it on social media like we are, at least till everyone gets bored of the topic and they have to find a new (or re-hashed) narrative (which can be "Kyrie doesn't like the young guys").

But this is the reality of any public figure. You agree to do an interview, you lose control of the narrative. The narrative can then be shaped by whoever you did the interview with, and then it will be re-shaped countless more times once it hits Twitter, Reddit and social forums such as this. Gotta take the good with the bad. People like LeBum figure out how to make the media do their work for them. Kyrie's not quite there yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:05:25 PM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 10:40:16 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Kyrie....relax
He makes no sense as usual lol

Mm, no, it makes sense.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 10:44:17 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Everyone is to blame.  The media for stirring up Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., us for eating it and Kyrie for feeding it.  If he'd quit stirring the pot most of it wouldn't happen.  Kyrie is to blame for the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. that's come out of his mouth the last month.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 10:48:01 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If he hates the media so much, then he should avoid the media and stick to basketball.

We have a very important stretch of games coming up leading into the playoffs.

He should save his energy, otherwise he'll have more than enough time on his hands to talk to the media in early May.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 10:50:39 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
If he hates the media so much, then he should avoid the media and stick to basketball.

He should save his energy, otherwise he'll have more than enough time on his hands to talk to the media in early May.

I’m sure he would if he could.  I think you kinda have to give in and talk to them at some point after avoiding them for a stretch.   

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 11:07:01 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I’m sure he would if he could.  I think you kinda have to give in and talk to them at some point after avoiding them for a stretch.

I guess you could be like Marshawn Lynch and just answer every question with "yeeeaahhhhh".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyUwanb_Cz8

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D