Author Topic: Carson Edwards 3rd quarter explosion - highlights  (Read 9830 times)

Re: Carson Edwards 3rd quarter explosion - highlights
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 08:47:09 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think Danny really killed it with this latest draft.

Langford is a mystery, but Williams, Edwards and Waters all look like future NBA rotation guys.

Agreed, gotta give credit where credit is due.  This is the first year I can remember Ainge drafting more than 1 NBA quality player.

Ainge drafted Al Jefferson, Tony Allen, and Delonte West in the 1st round.
That draft was legendary, Allen was an All-Star in the making before he tore his ACL and meniscus. Imagine us having two All-Stars in the making from one draft, we would be anointing Ainge as a god (and that's not even including a high level role player in Delonte!).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2019, 09:01:49 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Grant Williams and Carson Edwards > Draymond Green and Steph Curry.

But in all seriousness, I like Williams feel and unselfishness getting Edwards the ball. CBS likes to play guys together who have a good feel for one another. I think they will be on the court at the same time.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 09:41:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
That was awesome to see, but man what terrible shot selection... but made them!

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125

After a while, when a guy repeatedly seems to be jacking up "bad" shots but is making them at a 40% clip, they stop being bad shots.

A lot of what makes a good shooter in the NBA is having the athleticism to get your shot off at a frenetic pace, with your body not quite in the right position, drifting to one side, hand in the face, etc. Edwards is that kind of shooter. The fact that he's able to get these shots off and make them at a high percentage, from weird angles, from various depths, bodes very well for his future as an NBA player.

Let's not put him in the HOF yet, but... wow.

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 09:54:06 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I think Danny really killed it with this latest draft.

Langford is a mystery, but Williams, Edwards and Waters all look like future NBA rotation guys.

Agreed, gotta give credit where credit is due.  This is the first year I can remember Ainge drafting more than 1 NBA quality player.
2004 - tony allen, al jefferson, delonte west.

ha, beaten to this already.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Looks like he has to work on his ballhandling but if he can be Eddie House, that would be terrific for this team.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Looks like he has to work on his ballhandling but if he can be Eddie House, that would be terrific for this team.

Edwards' ball-handling is very good.

Eddie House couldn't play PG on a regular basis because of his ball-handling.
That's not the case with Carsen.

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
The Curry comparisons are kind of off base, Curry was a much better ball handler and passer, ditto for IT. Maybe a smaller Vinnie Johnson who's a worse slasher but much better shooter?

I like the nickname “the microwave” for Edwards.  He gets hot fast.
there has been a "microwave" already.

i propose Arsen. (note the spelling.  ;D )
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 11:13:38 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
That third quarter had to be seen to be believed he was just ridiculous, total microwave  :laugh:

To be honest I'm more impressed by the fact that he had a mediocre first half then completely turned things around at the start of the 2nd.

I wonder how much getting hit in the face affected his 1st half? He said he was bleeding all over the bench and locker room. Timelord didn’t come back from his. I think Carsen mot only coming back, but catching fire like that bodes well for how competitive he is.

I get knocked down, but I get up again!

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He already has a nick CEO Carsen E Offense or CIO Carsen Instant Offense

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:29 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
The Curry comparisons are kind of off base, Curry was a much better ball handler and passer, ditto for IT. Maybe a smaller Vinnie Johnson who's a worse slasher but much better shooter?

Good one, TP!
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2019, 12:50:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Ooh that's really good.

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

i thought ao too.  it s  But he also beat UVA single handily , woo s had the most stingiest defensive  team in the country.  Kid was taking fade aways from way beyound the arc , about NBA distance and nailing them like foul shots.  Double teamed him , did not matter.

His physique is such he doesn't fear jumping into the defender .  Unless its somebody built like bron or semi ,  the defender is the one likely to feel,the pain of collision. 

He kinda reminds me of an older player that celtics got from suns when Brad first arrived , he played well for,us , even being older.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 01:58:56 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The shot selection critique is a bit much. His first shot or two were pretty good shots for him. They went in. Therefore, he started launching heat checks. They went in.

You want shooters to do that. They shouldn't launch heatcheck after heatcheck if they missing. But Edwards wasn't doing that. He has a good feel for not forcing it, except when he has it going.

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Can just call him the Toaster Oven.  He's got all kinds of heat.  Broil, Bake, Toast. :)