Author Topic: The Rozier hate is misguided  (Read 9701 times)

Re: The Rozier hate is misguided
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2019, 11:41:31 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
And that's the thing too...I HATE WATCHING THIS TEAM WITH KYRIE ON IT.

It was much more fun watching them...bottom line.

I've been posting about this team from only watching highlights because I can't stand to watch Kyrie taking circus shots with 2 and 3 guys on him while everyone stands around disinterested with no motivation to play D...

And people wonder what the hell is wrong with this team.

This guy is only giving us 22 points a game and a few ghost rebounds for all the trouble

Talk about a classic abusive relationship.

Please stay baby...uugh

I know you have an agenda against kyrie at all odds...but...you do realize that all superstar players do that a few times a game right? I mram draw defense om drives?

And you do realize that in that instance the smartest play is to go up strong and try ti draw a foul once the defense collapses?

And that everyone else standing around and not moving is no fault of kyries right?

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2019, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Basically everything the majority of people on this board posts about support the position to pair Kyrie and Davis...with Hayward together, so anything that counters that you toss out the window if it doesn't support that.

The mental gymnastics it takes to be that single-minded, I will never know. Whether facts or watching something right before your "lying" eyes :) makes no sense to a faction of this board who can only see that trio playing together.

And tell me...you really think those 3 are better than Davis, Cousins, and Rondo 2 years younger?  Not a chance.

The Karma from the Hayward fiasco drooling over players while disrespecting your own who actually accomplished something as soon as they stepped foot in the league...should've taught this board a lesson.

But like Danny...this board chases it's tail year after year.

And Danny only got lucky one time...and doubly lucky the 4 players that lead the team were passers with great court vision, the rest has been complete failure...and if he get's rid of these 3 guys he drafted, his legacy will be "I got lucky once and got a ring" while making bad decision after bad decision for over 10 years with a smug smirk on his face thinking he was Red Auerbach.
Rofl. It's hilarious when some random fan thinks that they are clearly and obviously smarter than a GM who has been a GM for over a decade on a team that has gone through multiple rebuilds leading to a championship, multiple Finals trips and multiple Eastern Conference Finals trips.

Even funnier when they think other fans (what seems to be a pretty clear majority) are single-minded and mental gymnasts. Keep up the entertaining work

Come on man, all you're doing is reiterating the one lucky season he had in about 15 years :)

Then this last capable group all he's doing is constantly throwing any player he can find that has talent to put in front of them thwarting their growth...and giving no thought to fit because he's a genius...while guys all blame them for not producing like all-stars when the point is a ball-hogging, spot-light inhaling "genius"  :D

All this geniusness going around and in 4 games can't figure out how to duplicate the 1st game.

Trust me man...I'm not worried about people being at odds with my post.

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Basically everything the majority of people on this board posts about support the position to pair Kyrie and Davis...with Hayward together, so anything that counters that you toss out the window if it doesn't support that.

The mental gymnastics it takes to be that single-minded, I will never know. Whether facts or watching something right before your "lying" eyes :) makes no sense to a faction of this board who can only see that trio playing together.

And tell me...you really think those 3 are better than Davis, Cousins, and Rondo 2 years younger?  Not a chance.

The Karma from the Hayward fiasco drooling over players while disrespecting your own who actually accomplished something as soon as they stepped foot in the league...should've taught this board a lesson.

But like Danny...this board chases it's tail year after year.

And Danny only got lucky one time...and doubly lucky the 4 players that lead the team were passers with great court vision, the rest has been complete failure...and if he get's rid of these 3 guys he drafted, his legacy will be "I got lucky once and got a ring" while making bad decision after bad decision for over 10 years with a smug smirk on his face thinking he was Red Auerbach.
Rofl. It's hilarious when some random fan thinks that they are clearly and obviously smarter than a GM who has been a GM for over a decade on a team that has gone through multiple rebuilds leading to a championship, multiple Finals trips and multiple Eastern Conference Finals trips.

Even funnier when they think other fans (what seems to be a pretty clear majority) are single-minded and mental gymnasts. Keep up the entertaining work

Come on man, all you're doing is reiterating the one lucky season he had in about 15 years :)

Then this last capable group all he's doing is constantly throwing any player he can find that has talent to put in front of them thwarting their growth...and giving no thought to fit because he's a genius...while guys all blame them for not producing like all-stars when the point is a ball-hogging, spot-light inhaling "genius"  :D

All this geniusness going around and in 4 games can't figure out how to duplicate the 1st game.

Trust me man...I'm not worried about people being at odds with my post.

You know how they put a carrot in front of a mule to get him to work?

Brad and Danny asks these guys to run around aimlessly supporting a ballhog while taking away even the carrot. The leadership this organization shows is actually turrible.

But I'M...the entertaining one.  Okey dokey

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2019, 12:43:08 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

I've been posting about this team from only watching highlights because I can't stand to watch Kyrie taking circus shots with 2 and 3 guys on him while everyone stands around disinterested with no motivation to play D...

This guy is only giving us 22 points a game and a few ghost rebounds for all the trouble

Please stay baby...uugh

I know you have an agenda against kyrie at all odds...but...you do realize that all superstar players do that a few times a game right? I mram draw defense om drives?

And you do realize that in that instance the smartest play is to go up strong and try ti draw a foul once the defense collapses?

And that everyone else standing around and not moving is no fault of kyries right?

I wanted Kyrie to work out, but in 2 years i've seen enough.  That's just what you're gonna get with that guy, and Lebron was actually the point in Cleveland, so Kyrie wasn't in control there.

And the fact they seemed to be worse than their actual parts probably points to Kyrie too.

Plus I played ball all my life, man.  I know what i'm watching.

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Please stay baby...uugh

I wanted Kyrie to work out, but in 2 years i've seen enough.  That's just what you're gonna get with that guy, and Lebron was actually the point in Cleveland, so Kyrie wasn't in control there.

And the fact they seemed to be worse than their actual parts probably points to Kyrie too.

Plus I played ball all my life, man.  I know what i'm watching.

It's weird to me that we went a whole season criticizing all things Kyrie, and this point was never brought up.  Kyrie's best position is not point guard.  I think his best NBA equivalent is probably Jason Terry.  A guy who was a dynamite scorer on a championship team, he was a skilled ball-handler and played a lot of of backup point/lead guard, but it took coaches a long time to figure out that his scoring mentality really required you have another pointguard to play with him.

The Cavs figured out early in the Lebron era the best use of Irving was a lot of playing off the ball with a legit point guard. 

The Celtics got a lot of scoring out of Kyrie (and great efficiency) but it came at the cost of basically every other critical player having a down year.  I guess these are problems you run into if you allow a player to hold your franchise hostage.

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not this thread again ::)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2019, 10:45:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Necrothreads best threads!  :-\

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

We're on a mission to make you change that avi to something much nicer...like a 2020 Toyota Supra :)

But without getting on Kyrie, did you really notice that team last year?

Did you notice the bounce in their step, the confidence, the cohesion, the grit, the challenging elite players, the run off the break almost half the time, the way they attacked the rim regularly...and how eye-opening Terry's own rim attack was beginning to look, the playing for each other, the fun they we're having, the not backing down from anyone? They were playing with the heart of IT, and that's the only reason I let myself forget about how terrible they did him.

What you were watching was the beginning of an era...

But the front office and coaching staff didn't see any of that apparently.

It's funny because as I was watching that, I thought about this year and wondered what they were gonna do.

I had no idea they were gonna stifle ALL of that for 2 outsiders. 

I thought Brad was an innovative coach, and that stripped ALL of the luster off that guy in my eyes.  Then it became apparent how stubborn and plodding he was, and I turned on him.

And make no mistake...that bounce comes from talented young guys that feel a city and organization has faith in them, and young guys already feel invincible so the sky was limit to them...and in reality.

That one mistake was COLOSSAL for this team.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:56:42 AM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2019, 11:57:37 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I can't believe we're still on this subject.

Terry needs to learn to walk before he runs off declaring himself "Scary Terry" star PG. It takes more than attitude and swag to be an NBA superstar, it takes consistent production. Terry put the cart well before the horse.

Terry thinks of Terry much more than the team.     

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Ok, yall are just petty and negative now, speaking with code words that have no bearing on what they could accomplish if given the shot they deserved.

I gave it a shot, anyway  :)

And Terry didn't give himself that name, come on man.

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618

We're on a mission to make you change that avi to something much nicer...like a 2020 Toyota Supra :)

Did you notice the bounce in their step, the confidence, the cohesion, the grit, the challenging elite players, the run off the break almost half the time, the way they attacked the rim regularly...and how eye-opening Terry's own rim attack was beginning to look, the playing for each other, the fun they we're having, the not backing down from anyone? They were playing with the heart of IT, and that's the only reason I let myself forget about how terrible they did him.

It's funny because as I was watching that, I thought about this year and wondered what they were gonna do.

I thought Brad was an innovative coach, and that stripped ALL of the luster off that guy in my eyes.  Then it became apparent how stubborn and plodding he was, and I turned on him.

And make no mistake...that bounce comes from talented young guys that feel a city and organization has faith in them, and young guys already feel invincible so the sky was limit to them...and in reality.

Kyrie was on that team last year.

« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Motivation seemed to be a big issue for him this year. Sometimes when you're in a bad spot (not getting on with team mates, clashing personalities, opportunities being repressed) and you aren't able to just put your head down and put in the work. Sometimes it's too much.

Depending on the direction we take in the summer, I'm willing to give him a pass and keep him. I think we'll be able to trade him down the line if necessary.

If Kyrie stays though, Rozier isn't coming back...

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2019, 12:32:37 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Kyrie was on that team last year.

After he went down, and I know you know that's what I meant.

And how free-flowing was that team?  How many times did you see Jayson bringing the ball down court, probing the defense, then taking it all the way to the rim?

How many times did you see that this year under Kyrie's shadow?

Like...none?

This is why I don't judge these guys this year with Brad trying so hard to make this "Kyrie's team" at the expense of everything else....while Kyrie goes against everything he's trying to accomplish on the floor.

But oh well...that's all I wanted to post.

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2019, 06:04:19 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Actually there's another wrinkle to this that I just thought about.

Seeing how Danny is still full speed ahead for Kyrie...it's starting to look more and more like he's the one pushing the issue and backed Brad into a corner with a player that destroys his system, and he has no choice but to follow orders.  And see, it's like I said...Danny only see's talent...he doesn't see intangibles, chemistry and fit, and has never been able to do that.

This is the only year this team hasn't played like a Brad team.

I'm think i'm gonna back off blaming Brad for all this, because it's actually becoming quite clear.

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2019, 06:13:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Actually there's another wrinkle to this that I just thought about.

Seeing how Danny is still full speed ahead for Kyrie...it's starting to look more and more like he's the one pushing the issue and backed Brad into a corner with a player that destroys his system, and he has no choice but to follow orders.  And see, it's like I said...Danny only see's talent...he doesn't see intangibles, chemistry and fit, and has never been able to do that.

This is the only year this team hasn't played like a Brad team.

I'm think i'm gonna back off blaming Brad for all this, because it's actually becoming quite clear.

You know Kyrie played for the team last season too, right? And we were the #1 seed for a big chunk before the he went down in March.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman