Author Topic: The Rozier hate is misguided  (Read 9621 times)

Re: The Rozier hate is misguided
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2019, 10:33:16 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Count me among the rozier bashers.  I don’t need stats because I can see it with my own eyes.  It’s easy to describe.  Rozier plays with blinkers on; pretty much all he sees is the basket.  That’s the last thing you want in a “PG”.

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
It isn't... He is not wanted anymore.

Terrible basketball player.

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2019, 10:57:40 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Most Likely, Rozier goes.

Ainge is probably convinced this team is not going higher, and he has to get Davis if he wants to take the next step.
To me, that means he has to re-sign Irving. Both these things have to happen pretty close to each other. He has to know he can get Davis, and he uses that to sign Irving. And then Davis with Irving in the fold.

Whoever goes with the Davis trade will determine how the roster is filled. We may not see Rozier, Tatum , Brown or Smart.
Maybe three of those four will go. They'll need another backup guard, and hope that Hayward keeps getting better. Tatum will certainly be included in a trade package for Davis.

If they don't get Davis, Ainge will have to look elsewhere for a rim protector. And he will have a challenge to convince his coach that his game needs to be expanded into the paint. 

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Ainge is probably convinced this team is not going higher, and he has to get Davis if he wants to take the next step.
To me, that means he has to re-sign Irving. Both these things have to happen pretty close to each other. He has to know he can get Davis, and he uses that to sign Irving. And then Davis with Irving in the fold.

Whoever goes with the Davis trade will determine how the roster is filled. We may not see Rozier, Tatum , Brown or Smart.
Maybe three of those four will go. They'll need another backup guard, and hope that Hayward keeps getting better. Tatum will certainly be included in a trade package for Davis.

If they don't get Davis, Ainge will have to look elsewhere for a rim protector. And he will have a challenge to convince his coach that his game needs to be expanded into the paint.

Enjoy spending max contract money on a big that only plays 66 games a year on average.

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2019, 12:26:57 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Enjoy spending max contract money on a big that only plays 66 games a year on average.
Versus what; letting kyrie walk and handing the keys to the Jays?  I think Tatum can be a fine player but no top 10.  I don’t see multiple time all star in jaylen.

So where does that leave is and what is the path to title contender?  It certainly isn’t obvious and would require lots of luck.

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I'd be more concerned about being first-round exit every year with Tatum and Brown leading the pack in a strong East.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2019, 01:57:19 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

I'd be more concerned about being first-round exit every year with Tatum and Brown leading the pack in a strong East.

Could you explain why you think that?  They went deep as first and second year players with only Rozier, Al, Morris and Smart.

They beat Embiid and Simmons, and the great Giannis regardless of who else was on the team.

Why do yall have such little faith in what they have already accomplished?  Did they ride on the backs of Morris? Al...who is a reactionary player by position,.Smart? And the only one left is Rozier and the bench.

So i'm saying...why do yall have such little faith in those guys even to the point you wanna keep throwing players like Beal in front of them.

It is the weirdess position and reaction i've ever seen from a fan base.

The logic of that completely eludes me.

And it's the same position the coaching staff took all year and it fell like a house of cards ending in national humiliation, and you guys are still riding that train, man.

I'm beginning to suspect pcp usage :)

Here's the thing...all those teams ADDED to what they had and did not disturb their chemistry from last year.

We, meaning Danny and Brad, thought we were so [dang] clever and were gonna steamroll the east by REPLACING what got us so deep with a ballhog and mentally and physically broken player while disrespecting and not even being able to IDENTIFY...the thing that got you there or even knowing their value.

What...is....wrong...with...you...people?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:17:59 PM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2019, 02:14:05 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Could you explain why you think that?  They went deep as first and second year players with only Rozier, Al, Morris and Smart.

They beat Embiid and Simmons, and the great Giannis regardless of who else was on the team.

Why do yall have such little faith in what they have already accomplished?  Did they ride on the backs of Morris? Al...who is a reactionary player by position,.Smart? And the only one left is Rozier and the bench.

So i'm saying...why do yall have such little faith in those guys even to the point you wanna keep throwing players like Beal i  front of them.

Clearly, the East was weak in 2018 that LeBron dragged a bunch of corpses into the finals before getting swept. That was anybody's conference. The Celtics beat an undisciplined Embiid and a meh Simmons team (obviously before they got better with Butler and Harris). They managed to beat Giannis before he suddenly made a huge leap (with a liability like Parker on their team and that now they improved with Middleton and Hill). Was it a great run? Yes, but it was just so wide-open.

Now you are going to have Milwaukee (Giannis and company), Toronto (Leonard), Philadelphia (Big 4), Indiana (Oladipo) and maybe one of the Knicks/Nets when they sign some big-named player hanging with the upper-echelons of the East. It's imminent that Boston needs to make a big-splash this summer and acquire Anthony Davis to contend with the big boys. You roll with the J's and you will be more disappointed than not. Tatum looked inconsistent this year (maybe from all the Kobe workouts). Brown has shown dramatic improvement, but he'll need guys to complement him because he won't be able to get it done alone.

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2019, 02:26:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Of course it is.

At his BEST - Scary Terry Rozier - along with JB, Tatum and Big Al - were leading this team to the ECF last year - taking LeBron's Cavs to SEVEN games.

He was - "IS" an exciting and capable PG.

NO - he did not play particularly well on the road - but all I know is I remember SEVERAL prominent posters being OK with Kyrie WALKING and us signing Rozier long term...

He was - IS - "That" good.

He had some memorable times last year...even had a few good games THIS year as well.

If you gauge most of this board we either hate Kyrie, Big Al is too old, Smart can't shoot, Tatum and Morris can't defend, Coach Stevens is TURRIBLE....

Now? Add in Rozier.....

I tell you - by the time we add up the hate on here I'll need to hire my childhood friend to keep track of it all

"Ah ha ha ha".....

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2019, 02:32:23 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

So i'm saying...why do yall have such little faith in those guys even to the point you wanna keep throwing players like Beal i  front of them.

Clearly, the East was weak in 2018 that LeBron dragged a bunch of corpses into the finals before getting swept. That was anybody's conference. The Celtics beat an undisciplined Embiid and a meh Simmons team (obviously before they got better with Butler and Harris). They managed to beat Giannis before he suddenly made a huge leap (with a liability like Parker on their team and that now they improved with Middleton and Hill). Was it a great run? Yes, but it was just so wide-open.

Now you are going to have Milwaukee (Giannis and company), Toronto (Leonard), Philadelphia (Big 4), Indiana (Oladipo) and maybe one of the Knicks/Nets when they sign some big-named player hanging with the upper-echelons of the East. It's imminent that Boston needs to make a big-splash this summer and acquire Anthony Davis to contend with the big boys. You roll with the J's and you will be more disappointed than not. Tatum looked inconsistent this year (maybe from all the Kobe workouts). Brown has shown dramatic improvement, but he'll need guys to complement him because he won't be able to get it done alone.

This still makes no sense and doesn't answer the question.

That Cleveland team with a bunch of corpses, as you say, is the same team that won a title and stayed in the finals for years. That alone makes your post illogical, and they struggled mightily with those same guys you disrespect.

This is just...exasperating.  because it is so obvious and glaring what happened this year. Even all the commentators see and talk about it...yet you guys treat them like they're Acie earl and Jerome Moiso.

Unbelievable, man.

Also...working out with a guy a day or 2 is not gonna do anything at all.  I can assure you that.  That would mean practicing at the all-star game kills careers.

You guys man...are on some next-level...whatever it is.

And the draft is not far away with 4 picks for 4 bigs available, and nobody even talks about it.

Davis, Davis, Davis...Kyrie, Kyrie,Kyrie

Man, I gotta take a break from this board.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:41:07 PM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2019, 02:44:29 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
At 22 mpg this season there are 7 or 8 Celtics players that might deserve more blame than Rozier.

For the minutes he did play, his performance was indefensible. Nothing went right for him and he isn't the first Celtic to have a bad year.

I have always assumed Ainge won't re sign him, but, little shocks me about Ainge's personnel moves. If Ainge matches the money? We all assume that he needs the trade package flexibility.

As I've stated before, last year's playoffs were the last time I've enjoyed watching the Celtics play.

Rozier's line in last year's playoffs for 19 games at 36 MPG.
16.5 ppg - 40.6 FG% - 5.3 reb - 5.7 asst

In game seven against the Bucks Rozier lit them up.
26 points - 6 reb - 9 - asst

Rozier and Horford won the game against the Freak, Bledsoe, Middleton and Brogdon. 

Say what you will, Rozier was 11 wins and 8 losses in 19 playoff games he started in the 2017/18 season and I enjoyed watching every one of them.

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2019, 02:57:45 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
And that's the thing too...I HATE WATCHING THIS TEAM WITH KYRIE ON IT.

It was much more fun watching them...bottom line.

I've been posting about this team from only watching highlights because I can't stand to watch Kyrie taking circus shots with 2 and 3 guys on him while everyone stands around disinterested with no motivation to play D...

And people wonder what the hell is wrong with this team.

This guy is only giving us 22 points a game and a few ghost rebounds for all the trouble

Talk about a classic abusive relationship.

Please stay baby...uugh

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

This still makes no sense and doesn't answer the question.

That Cleveland team with a bunch of corpses, as you say, is the same team that won a title and stayed in the finals for years. That alone makes your post illogical, and they struggled mightily with those same guys you disrespect.

This is just...exasperating.  because it is so obvious and glaring what happened this year. Even all the commentators see and talk about it...yet you guys treat them like they're Acie earl and Jerome Moiso.

Unbelievable, man.

Also...working out with a guy a day or 2 is not gonna do anything at all.  I can assure you that.  That would mean practicing at the all-star game kills careers.

You guys man...are on some next-level...whatever it is.

And the draft is not far away with 4 picks for 4 bigs available, and nobody even talks about it.

Davis, Davis, Davis...Kyrie, Kyrie,Kyrie

Man, I gotta take a break from this board.

LeBron, Irving, and Love took that team and won it all in 2016. In 2018, Love regressed, Irving was gone, and LeBron had to carry the team himself in a clearly weakened Eastern Conference. Toronto got swept, Indiana couldn't do it, Miami was a joke. The Celtics benefitted from a weak East that got them that far without Hayward and Irving. It's so obvious this year that Rozier has been inefficient even with sufficient playing time from Brad Stevens, Tatum did not elevate his game in his sophomore year, and Brad Stevens did not do a great job adjusting his schemes and just simply does not believe in interior scoring using bigs. Most of the blame should go to Brad Stevens for not doing his job as a coach.

It's a rough reality, but in order to contend you will need Davis, Davis, Davis and Kyrie, Kyrie, Kyrie. Who are you going to replace Kyrie with if he's gone? It had better be another all-star point guard because this team isn't gonna be close to contention without that feature. And don't tell me Terry Rozier because he belongs to a dumpster team at this point- rather have Brad Wanamaker over this clown as a #2 backup.

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2019, 11:24:01 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Basically everything the majority of people on this board posts about support the position to pair Kyrie and Davis...with Hayward together, so anything that counters that you toss out the window if it doesn't support that.

The mental gymnastics it takes to be that single-minded, I will never know. Whether facts or watching something right before your "lying" eyes :) makes no sense to a faction of this board who can only see that trio playing together.

And tell me...you really think those 3 are better than Davis, Cousins, and Rondo 2 years younger?  Not a chance.

The Karma from the Hayward fiasco drooling over players while disrespecting your own who actually accomplished something as soon as they stepped foot in the league...should've taught this board a lesson.

But like Danny...this board chases it's tail year after year.

And Danny only got lucky one time...and doubly lucky the 4 players that lead the team were passers with great court vision, the rest has been complete failure...and if he get's rid of these 3 guys he drafted, his legacy will be "I got lucky once and got a ring" while making bad decision after bad decision for over 10 years with a smug smirk on his face thinking he was Red Auerbach.

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2019, 11:34:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Basically everything the majority of people on this board posts about support the position to pair Kyrie and Davis...with Hayward together, so anything that counters that you toss out the window if it doesn't support that.

The mental gymnastics it takes to be that single-minded, I will never know. Whether facts or watching something right before your "lying" eyes :) makes no sense to a faction of this board who can only see that trio playing together.

And tell me...you really think those 3 are better than Davis, Cousins, and Rondo 2 years younger?  Not a chance.

The Karma from the Hayward fiasco drooling over players while disrespecting your own who actually accomplished something as soon as they stepped foot in the league...should've taught this board a lesson.

But like Danny...this board chases it's tail year after year.

And Danny only got lucky one time...and doubly lucky the 4 players that lead the team were passers with great court vision, the rest has been complete failure...and if he get's rid of these 3 guys he drafted, his legacy will be "I got lucky once and got a ring" while making bad decision after bad decision for over 10 years with a smug smirk on his face thinking he was Red Auerbach.
Rofl. It's hilarious when some random fan thinks that they are clearly and obviously smarter than a GM who has been a GM for over a decade on a team that has gone through multiple rebuilds leading to a championship, multiple Finals trips and multiple Eastern Conference Finals trips.

Even funnier when they think other fans (what seems to be a pretty clear majority) are single-minded and mental gymnasts. Keep up the entertaining work
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)