Author Topic: Bulpett: if C's miss out on Horford/Durant, expect Mozgov and Mihimi as targets  (Read 8866 times)

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I hope we can do better than Mahinmi, or Mozgov. If this is best we can do we should probably just bring back Sully on a short deal, since neither of those guys should be counted on to play 25-30 minutes a game for the entire season.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Just read the actual article.

The more interesting thing is that Bulpett says that we in fact DO have until Subday at midnight to decide on Amir and JJ. We need a definitive ruling on this.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Bulpett: "King of the Wet Blankets"
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Celtics PRIDE Never Die

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
Not a big surprise.  Ainge is going big game hunting but when/if he strikes out, you move on to the 2016 version of Amir Johnson and Jonas Jerebko rather than locking yourself in long-term to guys who aren't true stars.  Then you take your shot again next year with the true stars with more cap space, ideally more wins/even a playoff round, and more trade assets after BKN hopefully sucks again.  Best case scenario if we strikeout on Durant/Horford would be Dwight on a 1 year deal, but that may be unrealistic.

Now if he locks them up to multi year guaranteed contracts, we have issues.  Don't think that'll be the case, though.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Another article without any substance, smh

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Just read the actual article.

The more interesting thing is that Bulpett says that we in fact DO have until Subday at midnight to decide on Amir and JJ. We need a definitive ruling on this.

Oh yeah. I thought we needed to have already done it by today or something.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I say again - oh for crying out loud ::). Ugh. This is why the draft is so important, and if we're not going to get anyone of consequence through free agency, the least we could have done, imo, would have been to have signed Daniel Ochefu after he went undrafted, but nooooooo ::). Sigh.

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Mozgov.  Eww.  Just sign stupid Howard.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Gross. I'd much prefer trading for Noel.

Whatcha givin' up? And please don't say James Young and a 2nd.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Huh? The article has zero fluff. Simple source reporting. What do you want Bulpett to do -- pull off a mask like one of the many faced gods and reveal himself as Danny Ainge?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395

Huh? The article has zero fluff. Simple source reporting. What do you want Bulpett to do -- pull off a mask like one of the many faced gods and reveal himself as Danny Ainge?

A free agent has no name. A free agent will be signed by Danny Ainge and make millions.

- LilRip

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I say again - oh for crying out loud ::). Ugh. This is why the draft is so important, and if we're not going to get anyone of consequence through free agency, the least we could have done, imo, would have been to have signed Daniel Ochefu after he went undrafted, but nooooooo ::). Sigh.

This is where Celticsblog gets to be really, really fun...

All year I have to come on this site and see posts like "Time for Mickey" or "We have our rim protector.  Jordan Mickey."

Then, free agency hits.  And I get non-stop views of "I want Hassan Whiteside" or exasperation to "Expect Mozgov."

It really is funny.  Follow the logic and see why we just might wind up exactly where everyone wanted during the season.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

A free agent has no name. A free agent will be signed by Danny Ainge and make millions.

A FA has a name. His name is Ian Mahimi and he's gonna kick some tail!!!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Mahinmi I wouldn't mind. Good size. Live body on d.

Me too.  I'd say it's 50/50 that he's a better player than Howard anyway.  Better and more willing perimeter defender.

And TP for actually spelling his name right.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Mihimi as targets

I could leave with him, decent defense.

I hope we can do better than Mahinmi, or Mozgov. If this is best we can do we should probably just bring back Sully on a short deal, since neither of those guys should be counted on to play 25-30 minutes a game for the entire season.

I think we offered a QO to Sully and Zeller as a backup plan but I hope another plucks Sully  and Ainge works out a sign and trade to facilitate a minor deal that helps us.   Sully is unreliable to finish the season strong and to come into camp in shape.  His shooting is poor too.