Author Topic: Bulpett: if C's miss out on Horford/Durant, expect Mozgov and Mihimi as targets  (Read 8866 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
But if Horford cannot be secured as a free agent, expect the C’s to look into the likes of Cleveland’s Timofey Mozgov and Indiana’s Ian Mahinmi.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/06/bulpett_celtics_ready_to_make_a_run_at_kevin_durant_al_horford
Where's coachbo? Haha

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Here come the haters
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
So Howard is out. Now this is like plan E. Take the scrub who got bounced from Clevelands rotation. Cue the fireworks!

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well, we need a center, and I expect Danny, like most GMs, to be willing to throw absurd dollar figures at mediocre guys in exchange for a short deal.  Pretty much required with the cap where it is.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Rather have Oakfor and Noel

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
expect Mozgov and Mihimi

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I'm not a Danny hater, farthest thing from it, but I would absolutely hate settling for the same middling free agents we always do, like these two.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Well, we need a center, and I expect Danny, like most GMs, to be willing to throw absurd dollar figures at mediocre guys in exchange for a short deal.  Pretty much required with the cap where it is.

It's not like you can rollover the cap room to 2017, and you have to pay the players if you're below the floor anyway.  So spend away everyone!  It'll only get crazier next summer with an even larger rising cap and a bunch of players coming off one year deals.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

10/10 times I would throw stupid $ at mediocre players on short deals than give guys like Horford or Dwight Howard deals of 5 years or more (at $20m or more per).

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Gross. I'd much prefer trading for Noel.

Surely we can do better than that even if we miss out on KD and AH.

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This is one of those times I wish we have a "rolling on the floor laughing" emoticon.  Lol  This is too funny. 

All that hoopla about cap space and picks lol.  Mozgov and Mihimi and Jaylen Brown? Lol.  Hey, at the very least we have a center.  Moral victory!  LOL
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:07:59 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Mozgov would be a poor fit with this team, not buying it.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
You could literally smell the slow dissipation of hope LOL
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:06:30 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Mahinmi I wouldn't mind. Good size. Live body on d.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Yuck

This is bad
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk