Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 394033 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #510 on: November 09, 2019, 12:45:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
For comedy: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1193024157748994049

I am sure the 76ers will turn things around and have another really nice stretch throughout the season, but maybe this 3 game losing stretch and 6-25 stretch from Horford will minimize the chest pumping next time they do. Here is hoping. Loved looking at the standings this morning.

Horford was never going to be a 30+ppg scorer. Right now his averages sit at: 16/7/4 and I think Sixers fans would be pretty happy with that as he never scored more than 14ppg for us. Obviously these are very basic stats and don't take into account win shares or efficiency, but as has been discussed [a lot] it was never really about this season (or even next) for Horford, but the years following.

It sure is nice to see the Sixers drop a few, though. They had some squeak it out wins in 3 of their first 5 so it's nice to see it even out. Hopefully the Cs can keep their foot on the accelerator and leave them in the dust!

Yea we can’t lose tonight. Got to stay hot. I think they have to play Horford about 4 minutes less a game. He was wiped by the end of last bight(it was a really fun game to be at)
If C's win tonight, they should be favored in their next 5 games, if they stay healthy, that is. There is a decent chance that the Celtics could go into the Clippers game on November 20th at 12-1.
I’m very excited by what I am seeing from Tatum and Hayward. If went to 12-1 we would really get some hype and confidence. I would honestly be relative happy with even 10-3 at this point, 11-2 would be great

« Reply #511 on: November 09, 2019, 03:32:34 PM »

Online ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
For comedy: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1193024157748994049

I am sure the 76ers will turn things around and have another really nice stretch throughout the season, but maybe this 3 game losing stretch and 6-25 stretch from Horford will minimize the chest pumping next time they do. Here is hoping. Loved looking at the standings this morning.

Horford was never going to be a 30+ppg scorer. Right now his averages sit at: 16/7/4 and I think Sixers fans would be pretty happy with that as he never scored more than 14ppg for us. Obviously these are very basic stats and don't take into account win shares or efficiency, but as has been discussed [a lot] it was never really about this season (or even next) for Horford, but the years following.

It sure is nice to see the Sixers drop a few, though. They had some squeak it out wins in 3 of their first 5 so it's nice to see it even out. Hopefully the Cs can keep their foot on the accelerator and leave them in the dust!

Yea we can’t lose tonight. Got to stay hot. I think they have to play Horford about 4 minutes less a game. He was wiped by the end of last bight(it was a really fun game to be at)
If C's win tonight, they should be favored in their next 5 games, if they stay healthy, that is. There is a decent chance that the Celtics could go into the Clippers game on November 20th at 12-1.

Basketball God's watch our forum and you say something like this!!!?

If we drop our next 3 out of 4 I'm protesting CS until you are sacrificed for your jinxing
ok fine

« Reply #512 on: November 09, 2019, 08:27:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Houstons offence is quite seriously the most boring thing in basketball
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #513 on: November 10, 2019, 08:40:18 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
i'm behind a bit on the dvr but Phoenix 33 nets 13...baynes was on fire to start

edit: actually all of the suns were

edit #2: suns 42 nets 40..they came back around when kyrie went to the bench with 2 fouls...coincidence?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:56:57 PM by matteo »

« Reply #514 on: November 10, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Oubre pulling a KG pushup. lol

« Reply #515 on: November 10, 2019, 09:09:45 PM »

Offline Alec14

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
Kyrie is -31 with 9 points in 15 minutes against the Suns.

« Reply #516 on: November 10, 2019, 09:45:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kyrie is -31 with 9 points in 15 minutes against the Suns.

he ll need meds after this

« Reply #517 on: November 10, 2019, 10:01:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The Suns continue to kick ass this season. I can see them being a legit playoff team in the West with Baynes and Rubio.

« Reply #518 on: November 10, 2019, 10:33:20 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Lakers seems to struggle against running teams.

« Reply #519 on: November 10, 2019, 11:22:01 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I noticed ya'll only mention Kyrie when he loses lol. It was the same thing Cav fans did when LBJ left. They would only post about him when he lost, but wholly avoid LBJ topics during his success lol. They would flame me for pointing it out, mods would even threaten banning me, so I just backed off lol.

I guess it is something people are not wholly over. Having a great talent, but it not working out hurts (Trust me, I know). As humans, folks want justification. Want to see them fail; want to see their pain, because it justifies them leaving.

Well, I am just gonna say the same thing I told Cav fans. Let it.......It takes too much energy to hate. Cream always rises to the top. Greatness, is great more often than not. We all know BKN will mostly likely get one ring. Then what? Avoid Kyrie topics all summer? Or will you give him props? We knew LBJ would get a ring, then what? Keep hating on him? For how long? At some point, you got to let it go......

I mean, the guy was averaging 30, 2nd in scoring. He is going to have off nights lol. Come on, are you gonna bag on the kid after every bad game. Come one, lol. You guys are 1st, why beat up on a guy whom isn't? It comes off as sour grapes because you guys are waaaaay up here, but still going down to kick a guy who finally had an off night.

Anyways, we made NYK have a press conference after falling to us. They must think we are really bad lol. Or losing to the Cavs is rock-bottom. Are we that bad lol? LBJ & Ky are gone but [dang]. That was the ultimate panic button if I ever saw one.

No, I am not beating up on NY, it just comes off as we suck so bad, that the upper heads had to address it, ouch..

« Reply #520 on: November 10, 2019, 11:32:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Sadly, can't depend on the Raptors to beat LA tonight. LeBron is a well-known Raptor-killer dating back to his Eastern Conference days.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #521 on: November 10, 2019, 11:35:39 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
I don’t think Brooklyn will win any rings with Kyrie. 
I noticed ya'll only mention Kyrie when he loses lol. It was the same thing Cav fans did when LBJ left. They would only post about him when he lost, but wholly avoid LBJ topics during his success lol. They would flame me for pointing it out, mods would even threaten banning me, so I just backed off lol.

I guess it is something people are not wholly over. Having a great talent, but it not working out hurts (Trust me, I know). As humans, folks want justification. Want to see them fail; want to see their pain, because it justifies them leaving.

Well, I am just gonna say the same thing I told Cav fans. Let it.......It takes too much energy to hate. Cream always rises to the top. Greatness, is great more often than not. We all know BKN will mostly likely get one ring. Then what? Avoid Kyrie topics all summer? Or will you give him props? We knew LBJ would get a ring, then what? Keep hating on him? For how long? At some point, you got to let it go......

I mean, the guy was averaging 30, 2nd in scoring. He is going to have off nights lol. Come on, are you gonna bag on the kid after every bad game. Come one, lol. You guys are 1st, why beat up on a guy whom isn't? It comes off as sour grapes because you guys are waaaaay up here, but still going down to kick a guy who finally had an off night.

Anyways, we made NYK have a press conference after falling to us. They must think we are really bad lol. Or losing to the Cavs is rock-bottom. Are we that bad lol? LBJ & Ky are gone but [dang]. That was the ultimate panic button if I ever saw one.

No, I am not beating up on NY, it just comes off as we suck so bad, that the upper heads had to address it, ouch..

« Reply #522 on: November 10, 2019, 11:45:02 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Sadly, can't depend on the Raptors to beat LA tonight. LeBron is a well-known Raptor-killer dating back to his Eastern Conference days.

hope you're still watching...they just might

« Reply #523 on: November 10, 2019, 11:57:51 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

It's not much hate as much as proving people wrong. Nets will never win a ring with Kyrie. People gushing over his scoring, but let's not forget his other negatives. He's not very good without the ball and seems to be moody that affects his motor at times. His scoring doesn't seems to translate well to W's as the Nets record suggest. Kyrie doesn't elevate his teammates and I laughed when I hear Nets broadcast talk about his so-called leadership.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:03:26 AM by mr. dee »

« Reply #524 on: November 11, 2019, 12:03:46 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Hallelujah! No Laker butt kissing on here for one day  :D
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER