Author Topic: An honest letter to everyone about LeBron James  (Read 46947 times)

Re: An honest letter to everyone about LeBron James
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Questions:

Does anyone think LeBron would have left Cleveland if that Cavs had been able to draft the kind of talent that Oklahoma City did?

Does anyone think that Durant's decision to stay in OKC was heavily influenced by the backlash he saw in the wake of The Decision?
Of course Lebron stays in Cleveland if there was talent.  He even tried to get Bosh to go there, but Bosh refused (Cleveland and Toronto had even worked out a sign and trade to make it happen). 

I think Durant would have stayed no matter what because they all pretty much stay after the rookie deal is up.  James, Anthony, Howard, Durant, etc. all re-upped the first go around (the RFA status and more money with bigger raises helps a lot there as well).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Questions:

Does anyone think LeBron would have left Cleveland if that Cavs had been able to draft the kind of talent that Oklahoma City did?
Yes.  I do think he would have left. I think the Decision would have happened in the exact same way. It was about making everything all about themselves.
That is just silly.  James raised 2 million dollars for the Boys and Girls Club with the decision.  He didn't make a single penny.  Or did you forget that as well.

It is pretty obvious that you have a blind and irrational hate for Lebron James.  Not sure why, not sure that I care, but you probably should deal with it before that blind irrational hate manifests in other areas of your life and causes problems for you.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

And despite all of that, he still acts like a whiny, little girl. 

I lost in the finals for the first time in three years, whhaahh.  I sat out the last 6 1/2 minutes of the championship game because my teammates stink, whhaaah.  Bosh and Wade are no longer good enough to play with me, whhaaah.  I'm leaving to find teammates that are worthy of me, whhaaah.

The guy makes me want to puke.

Do you have links for those quotes, or are you getting physically ill thinking about a caricature that lives in your head?

Just my observations.   :)

TP for the good sense of humor sir (or ma'am).

Thanks.  I was a fan of his right up to game six of the 2010 Eastern conference final.  The Celts were up 7 with 2 minutes left and being a pessimistic Boston fan, I was sure Lebron would take over and win the game singlehandedly.  But instead, I watched him walk up and down the court and essentially give up.  He had a tremendous game that day, but in the biggest moments facing an uphill challenge, he didnt want to compete because it was too hard and he would probably lose.  I think that's a microcosm of his career and why I disrespect him... and enjoy mocking him.  He's an incredible talent who doesn't like competition and wants everything handed to him.

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
during the time when the NBA's athleticism and skill is at an all time high.

Athleticism?  Yes.  Skill?  No way.

My thoughts exactly. Today's NBA seems to be about guys who can run like gazelles and jump like jackrabbits but aren't great outside shooters, ballhandlers, or post players grounded in the fundamentals.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Questions:

Yes.  I do think he would have left. I think the Decision would have happened in the exact same way. It was about making everything all about themselves.
That is just silly.  James raised 2 million dollars for the Boys and Girls Club with the decision.  He didn't make a single penny.  Or did you forget that as well.

It is pretty obvious that you have a blind and irrational hate for Lebron James.  Not sure why, not sure that I care, but you probably should deal with it before that blind irrational hate manifests in other areas of your life and causes problems for you.
Don't throw the charity silliness. The decision was all about making him a "brand" and making him more money in the end. They gave all that money to charity in an attempt to make people think highly of LeBron, more branding.

Defend LeBron all you want, don't pretend "The Decision" wasn't a selfish self-promotion fest designed to make LeBron a bigger star who'd make more money.

« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Questions:

If I remember correctly that Boys and Girls Club lies within one of the wealthiest towns in America. I wonder if Bron has ever been back there or given them a cent since then. Just curious.

Yeah. My hate for Bron will cause me all sorts of problems. Seriously it'll be just like when my hate of Brett Farve made me turn to heroin and my hate of Kobe made me take up drinking. Maybe this time I'll take up roids mixed with energy drinks.

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2014, 11:15:07 AM »

• Satch Sanders
Questions:

Don't throw the charity silliness. The decision was all about making him a "brand" and making him more money in the end. They gave all that money to charity in an attempt to make people think highly of LeBron, more branding.

Defend LeBron all you want, don't pretend "The Decision" wasn't a selfish self-promotion fest designed to make LeBron a bigger star who'd make more money.

I dislike when people bring up the charity aspect of "The Decision." If LeBron cared so much about charity, he could've just written a check for $2M, or $10M, or whatever amount, without having to put on a show wherein he announced his "goodness" to the world. True charity is done under the radar. (Matthew 6:2-4)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2014, 11:19:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

My thoughts exactly. Today's NBA seems to be about guys who can run like gazelles and jump like jackrabbits but aren't great outside shooters, ballhandlers, or post players grounded in the fundamentals.

I'm curious as to your window of "today's NBA."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
"The Decision" was as much, if not more, about branding than raising money for the Boys & Girls Club.  Plain & simple. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Questions:

I dislike when people bring up the charity aspect of "The Decision." If LeBron cared so much about charity, he could've just written a check for $2M, or $10M, or whatever amount, without having to put on a show wherein he announced his "goodness" to the world. True charity is done under the radar. (Matthew 6:2-4)

I loved when Lebron donated uniforms to his high school football team which cost roughly $10k.  He organized an outdoor event on a stage with music and a light show.  The stage filled with smoke from which Lebron emerged wearing a uniform specially designed for the event.  He struck a pose and froze.  The kids all rushed the stage and celebrated Lebron with Lebron.  He turned a kind act of charity into a gross celebration of himself. 

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Questions:

I loved when Lebron donated uniforms to his high school football team which cost roughly $10k.  He organized an outdoor event on a stage with music and a light show.  The stage filled with smoke from which Lebron emerged wearing a uniform specially designed for the event.  He struck a pose and froze.  The kids all rushed the stage and celebrated Lebron with Lebron.  He turned a kind act of charity into a gross celebration of himself.
Didn't Michael Jackson used to do stuff like that? But hey. He's still a great player.

You're hate of Lebron might give you serious problems.

« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2014, 11:32:59 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Yeah, this post could've been pulled out of a time capsule from 1976.

« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »

• Satch Sanders

I feel like Jordan's arrival was the beginning of a new era, one in which teams began to move toward highly athletic wings and lots of isolation play, and this trend was exacerbated by the decline of the traditional big man--old-school, post-player bigs such as Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Smits, McHale, Parish.

Not that there weren't highly athletic players before Jordan (e.g., Oscar Robertson), and not that there aren't some good traditional bigs now (e.g., Tim Duncan), but I feel like the emphasis has reversed, with most teams building around the Jordan-Kobe-Carmelo-LeBron-Durant types.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Questions:

Didn't Michael Jackson used to do stuff like that? But hey. He's still a great player.

You're hate of Lebron might give you serious problems.

Michael Jackson was a deeply disturbed person and possibly a pedophile... I don't understand your point.  Your adoring fandom of the man has you writing nonsense.

« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »

• Satch Sanders

Yeah, this post could've been pulled out of a time capsule from 1976.

Well, I was born in '76, so for me, growing up in the '80s, the NBA was mostly a big man's league. A few of the big names were highly athletic guard/wing types (Jordan and Magic, for example), but most of the famous players were big guys who spent most of their time in the paint (Ewing, McHale, Parish, Kareem, Olajuwon, Robinson, Karl Malone, Barkley), many of them with highly polished post games.

— C.S. Lewis