Author Topic: Kemba Walker media day - some clues about his knee  (Read 5795 times)

Re: Kemba Walker media day - some clues about his knee
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 07:11:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
CelticBlog:

Per The Boston Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach, the Celtics are targeting next Friday’s game against the Orlando Magic for Kemba’s first game of 2020-2021.

Awesome! Finally gives the C's a quality backup guard behind Payton Pritchard

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 09:32:29 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Edit. Sorry wrong thread.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 10:09:39 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Kemba annoyed with reporters, Kemba talking about deserving time off, Kemba jealous of Hayward's big contract with his old team ............. So, now that Kemba is a Celtic, is he going from great teammate, iron mna to injury prone, head-case ? That would fit perfectly with our fortunes since KG's team, though even those guys were robbed of another one or two titles by the Basketball Gods.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 10:11:28 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Walker says his knee has been pain-free for over a month. That's a really good sign. An all-star point guard like Kemba Walker puts this team into championship contention.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 12:34:14 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Really surprised there isn’t more buzz in this forum about this. This sounds like great news to me.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 02:53:45 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I’ve been very vocal about being positive about Kemba’s return for a while now. He will make such a huge difference to this team giving them a legit 3rd option. Teams last postseason were playing a box-and-one to contain him, now he will have infinite freedom to go off on teams. Can’t wait to see him out there again soon!

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2021, 04:13:41 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Really surprised there isn’t more buzz in this forum about this. This sounds like great news to me.

I think we’re all remembering Kemba from the playoffs and forgetting Kemba from pre injury last season.  I have no idea what to expect.  If he’s healthy, our team will be kicking some serious butt and will be a lot of fun to watch.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 08:10:38 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Everyone is just numb as a result of the 60000 trade Kemba ideas that have been posted over the past few weeks.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2021, 08:53:05 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

I didn’t comment before now, but I did a solid fist pump when I saw  the news.  I love that he’s almost ready.  I think have Kemba as 3rd option with both Jays will be great.  And I also think having him out there as a 2nd option with 1 Jay will be great too. 

What do you all think about lineups with Kemba an PP in the backcourt?

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2021, 09:28:26 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Very good news, but I hope CBS take time all year long to integrate him, to rest him. The best is that he plays more and more with no hurry, developping youngs.With Kemba at 20-25 mn starting and closing the games (when he plays good).

First big question of the year for Stevens, will it be Teague who signed here to have playing time or PP who loose more minutes. Could make doubt both of them if they play less...

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2021, 09:34:23 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Very good news, but I hope CBS take time all year long to integrate him, to rest him. The best is that he plays more and more with no hurry, developping youngs.With Kemba at 20-25 mn starting and closing the games (when he plays good).

First big question of the year for Stevens, will it be Teague who signed here to have playing time or PP who loose more minutes. Could make doubt both of them if they play less...

Kemba is really important to us making a run this year in the playoffs. With the added improvement of Tatum/Brown to being our #1 and #2 hopefully we can kind of manage Kemba

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2021, 09:51:08 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I didn’t comment before now, but I did a solid fist pump when I saw  the news.  I love that he’s almost ready.  I think have Kemba as 3rd option with both Jays will be great.  And I also think having him out there as a 2nd option with 1 Jay will be great too. 

Asking to get abused defensively.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2021, 09:58:54 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm happy if this is true but I'm skeptical because over the years I've seen too many have injuries that just never seem to go away.  Its always something.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2021, 10:01:29 AM »

• Paul Silas

I much prefer the Teague/Pritchard backcourt off the bench. I'd rather keep the Walker/Smart duo together. I think Teague/Pritchard are like the 3rd down/change of pace running back in football. Since they are going against the bench, they aren't likely to get abused too much on defense. Honestly, both are pretty disruptive defenders even though they can't consistently defend in mismatches. They have the potential to take the offense for 4 minutes and turn a 4 point lead into a 12 point lead. That's pretty exciting to have. I just hope Teague can get his mojo back.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2021, 10:05:49 AM »

• Paul Silas
Kemba Walker seems to me like one of the most selfless and passionate players I've seen on a basketball court. He genuinely wants to win, and he sees that the Js can take them there.

Hopefully he comes in with two main things in mind: 1) Getting easy looks for the Js and scoring on efficient looks, and 2) Creating good shots to help the team through lulls (this includes when Smart has the ball in a late clock situation--Walker should run up to him and take the ball).

If it was Irving coming back from injury, I'd be worried about how the offense would work, but I think Walker will do everything he can do to fit in  and make the team more dynamic.