Author Topic: Patriots vs Dolphins (12.06.09)  (Read 24586 times)

Re: Patriots vs Dolphins (12.06.09)
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
The way I see it is that this is further evidence of something that should be obvious by now.....the Patriots suck, partly because their players suck and partly cause their coaches suck

They used to not suck, but now they do   :'(

Yep.  There appears to be a strong likelihood of them finishing 10-6 or 9-7.  I have serious doubts about this team beating Buffalo or Houston on the road after not winning a single true road game so far this year.

We might actually miss the playoffs with Tom Brady and Bellichick at the helm.  Has that ever happened?

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Oh, and now I see the Saints squeaked out the W.
Due to several epic failures by the Redskins. Missing an absolute chippy to take a 10 point lead with only 100 seconds left....

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2009, 04:59:24 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The defense, DB's and Safeties especially, are just out-matched, and the offensive line is not giving Tom enough time in the pocket. Henne is not a great QB, in my opinion, but he had all the time in the world to throw ... how could he NOT win?

Brady's so hurried and pounded all game long, that by the time he gets to the 4th quarter, he's completely rattled. Don't forget, he left this game early and was reported to be "questionable to return" ... they showed part of the injury to his hand and it was quite nasty. He played most of this game injured, and still took a ton of hits.

I'm really not worried about Tom, and I don't want another QB ... but the D has to be rebuilt and the offensive line has got to fill the gaps and give Brady the same time QB's like Manning and Henne and Big Ben and Favre are getting to throw the ball. I don't even recognize this team anymore ... and I want that amazing Patriots team back, the one with all the heart and hustle and team spirit.

I think we're in for a "dry" spell, unfortunately.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2009, 05:07:53 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I don't even recognize this team anymore ... and I want that amazing Patriots team back, the one with all the heart and hustle and team spirit.

That's exactly how I feel.  It's depressing and frustrating but it's true.  We just need to stop expecting the Patriots to win every week.  They're a flawed team right now, and I think we're bound for quite a few more let downs before things improve.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2009, 05:08:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't even recognize this team anymore ... and I want that amazing Patriots team back, the one with all the heart and hustle and team spirit.

That's exactly how I feel.  It's depressing and frustrating but it's true.  We just need to stop expecting the Patriots to win every week.  They're a flawed team right now, and I think we're bound for quite a few more let downs before things improve.
It could be worse, you could be the Steelers....

« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2009, 05:17:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Yep.  There appears to be a strong likelihood of them finishing 10-6 or 9-7. 

This team could still make the playoffs with either of those records.  Not that that bodes well in terms of making any sort of noise in the playoffs, mind you...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Yep.  There appears to be a strong likelihood of them finishing 10-6 or 9-7. 

This team could still make the playoffs with either of those records.  Not that that bodes well in terms of making any sort of noise in the playoffs, mind you...

Probably, but you never know.  I'm just saying we could miss the playoffs.  If we lose both road games and either the Jets or the Dolphins go on a win streak we could finish behind them and maybe not get a wild card spot.  Last year 11-5 wasn't good enough to reach the postseason, so who knows.

In any case, if we scratch our way into the playoffs with only 9 or 10 wins I think it's unlikely we'll win our first game.  We almost certainly won't win if it happens to be on the road.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
In any case, if we scratch our way into the playoffs with only 9 or 10 wins I think it's unlikely we'll win our first game.  We almost certainly won't win if it happens to be on the road.

Agreed 100%.  At that point, the only consolation will be the slightly higher draft pick.... and the winning record of the Cs!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Agreed 100%.  At that point, the only consolation will be the slightly higher draft pick.... and the winning record of the Cs!

If they make it in it will most likely be as a Division winner, and they'd have a home game in the first round.

Not saying I have any confidence, just saying the only way they open up on the road is if they're a Wild Card, and if they manage to cough up the Division, they'll probably not qualify as a WC.
Yup

« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2009, 06:04:14 PM »

Offline bstnsportsfan3

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
im going to the pats game vs houston week 17 becuase my uncle live in houston and has season tickets (i live in dallas now anyways) but this team doesnt win on the road...now 1-5, only the game in london which i dont really count as a true road game. i didnt think week 17 would mean much becuase i figured we would be 12-3 or 13-2 at that point before the season...but now we may be fighting for a division or wild card spot...the d has no pass rush once so ever...trading Seymour really hurt here! in bill i trust..but im having doubt's right now...can we get charlie and Romeo back?
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"-Larry Bird

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2009, 06:19:25 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
As you all know I am a die hard Celtic fan, however growing up in the military I am not from the region and picked up watching the C's following Cowens. I am also a die hard Dolphins fan living down south for a long time and so have to come in and boast a bit… Go Fins!

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
We can look at each game individually all we want.

Fact of the matter is, the Patriots are just an average football team.  Can't win on the road, can't beat the really good teams, iffy against the other average teams, and kill the really bad teams.

The offense only has 2 consistent weapons in Welker and Moss, the defense has no pass rush and the secondary is just simply not that good.  Add that in with the playcalling which has been very suspect, and you get a team who will probably be out in the second round of the playoffs.

There's nothing that they can really do if the talent isn't there.

« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2009, 06:23:54 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
As you all know I am a die hard Celtic fan, however growing up in the military I am not from the region and picked up watching the C's following Cowens. I am also a die hard Dolphins fan living down south for a long time and so have to come in and boast a bit… Go Fins!

TP for your courage ... but don't ever wear a Dolphins cap in Boston. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2009, 07:39:24 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Total, utter lack of any pass rush, young secondary.  Voila

And am I imagining things, but is the offensive line tanking whenever Maroney carries the ball?  I never saw so many plays stuffed at the line of scrimmage.

Also, Brady needs to take better care of the ball.  Interceptions in the end zone are inexcusable.

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2009, 07:45:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm the ultimate optimist, but it sure feels like this is the end of an era, and they've squeezed all they can out of it.

I would not be shocked if BB steps down after the season.
Yup