Author Topic: Big Baby found guilty  (Read 1644 times)

Re: Big Baby found guilty
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2023, 04:33:44 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2536
Curious to see where the sentences fall.  Presumably there will be jail time.

Unbelievable to be going to prison for fraud after a decent NBA career.
Guess we can assume that Davis did not take care of his money.
Any player these days, even making $1 million for one season should be set for life.

Set for life after making $1 million? No way. That's nothing these days. I've made over a million since Big Baby has been in the league, and I'm nowhere near set for life.
He’s not that far off. If his post was from 1961. 😂

True, but Baby made 34M over his career according to Hoopshype.

Regardless, what should happen and what does happen are so often different that the word ‘should’ might be the most useless word in the English language.   Only he and those close to him would have a clue as to what happened to his $$ and why he would engage in a scheme like this.  And I wouldn’t make the assumption that he was broke.  Rich people often decide to do illegal things to make more money.

Re: Big Baby found guilty
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2023, 05:03:11 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
Curious to see where the sentences fall.  Presumably there will be jail time.

Unbelievable to be going to prison for fraud after a decent NBA career.
Guess we can assume that Davis did not take care of his money.
Any player these days, even making $1 million for one season should be set for life.

Set for life after making $1 million? No way. That's nothing these days. I've made over a million since Big Baby has been in the league, and I'm nowhere near set for life.
He’s not that far off. If his post was from 1961. 😂

True, but Baby made 34M over his career according to Hoopshype.

Regardless, what should happen and what does happen are so often different that the word ‘should’ might be the most useless word in the English language.   Only he and those close to him would have a clue as to what happened to his $$ and why he would engage in a scheme like this.  And I wouldn’t make the assumption that he was broke.  Rich people often decide to do illegal things to make more money.
A few of them wind up in office, not in jail. ;)

However, we might want to consider that there is a wide gulf between making $1m+ in one fell swoop and making $1m+ over the course of a career - the former is significantly more difficult to swing and is more likely to be life-altering money, which I think is Tenn's real point.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.