Author Topic: One Month Ago Tonight  (Read 2150 times)

One Month Ago Tonight
« on: April 10, 2020, 12:05:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Last game for the Celtics in Indiana.  Seems like a million years ago.  I came across that game on my DVR the other night and was tempted to watch.  But I didn’t.  Too weird.

Older games seems more comfortable.

Hope you are all well.

Yup

Re: One Month Ago Tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Last game for the Celtics in Indiana.  Seems like a million years ago.  I came across that game on my DVR the other night and was tempted to watch.  But I didn’t.  Too weird.

Hope you are all well.

God, it’s only been one month?  It feels so long.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Hope you are all well.

Crazy.  Right?
Yup

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 05:01:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Hope you are all well.

Crazy.  Right?
The more I think about the lost Celtics and Bruins post season runs, the more depressed I get....and I'm thoroughly depressed already.

Sigh...what could have been. I was really hoping for two more duckboat parades.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 07:34:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Hope you are all well.

Crazy.  Right?
The more I think about the lost Celtics and Bruins post season runs, the more depressed I get....and I'm thoroughly depressed already.

The lost Bruins season especially bums me out, because they're the No. 1 team and were in great position to redeem themselves after last season's Game 7 debacle.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 08:32:32 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Hope you are all well.

Crazy.  Right?

The lost Bruins season especially bums me out, because they're the No. 1 team and were in great position to redeem themselves after last season's Game 7 debacle.

Will they ever win one again? Who knows :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 08:57:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Hope you are all well.

Crazy.  Right?

I still think the B's and C's will have many chances in the near future. Both teams have a lot of young talent already and more to come going forward. That said, obviously the Pats are now going into the post-Brady era, and the Red Sox are "meh" at the moment.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 09:52:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Hope you are all well.

Crazy.  Right?

I still think the B's and C's will have many chances in the near future. Both teams have a lot of young talent already and more to come going forward. That said, obviously the Pats are now going into the post-Brady era, and the Red Sox are "meh" at the moment.

They're young but other teams also have young talents competing too, so there's that challenge. I wished it was a cakewalk to further our championship counts from other teams.

Unfortunately, the Pats are going to be mediocre/bad for years to come. It was fun for those last 20 years of true dominance and dynasty. The Red Sox are definitely meh and will probably be meh for a while.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Definitely think the Bruins were primed to redeem themselves and I sure would have loved to have seen where the C’s went with this team.

On a personal sports related disappointment:  I’ve been running a roto basketball league since the early 90’s.  It’s a pretty involved league with long term keepers and salaries, contracts etc...I dominated the league for the first dozen years or so, but haven’t won it since 2004. 

It’s a 14 team league and my friend has been dominant in winning each of the last 4 years.  This year I really thought I was going to have to tank going in, but a bunch of guy blossomed (Tatum being my pride and joy) and I bought low on a bunch more guys who were super productive as well.  My team had started to make a major push and I was within a couple of points of my friend for first place when the games ended.  I really think I would have caught him.

I know that’s a long winded story, but it would have been cool to win this league again and end a dynasty in the process!

Woe is me
Yup

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 03:33:55 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I've been holding off watching Celtics games from this year...I get too depressed watching them and thinking of what might have been  :-\

I've been enjoying watching the classics though, the first Big Three and the second Big Three. Those have been fun to watch. Just the change in style is striking.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D