Author Topic: NBA working on HORSE competition with espn  (Read 3490 times)

NBA working on HORSE competition with espn
« on: April 04, 2020, 09:08:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: NBA working on HORSE competition with espn
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:20:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You can literally smell the desperation on ESPN's part to get any new sports related programming they can. I wonder how much lack of viewership and lack of website traffic ESPN is experiencing right now.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 09:28:22 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
You can literally smell the desperation on ESPN's part to get any new sports related programming they can. I wonder how much lack of viewership and lack of website traffic ESPN is experiencing right now.

I wonder what are some low risk sports that can be instituted into the world of sports right away. Two I think of are tennis and golf since it doesn’t involve a lot of physical touching.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 09:29:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Might be the time to push “esports” (Video games)
I wonder what are some low risk sports that can be instituted into the world of sports right away. Two I think of are tennis and golf since it doesn’t involve a lot of physical touching.
a lot of companies including the nba have been desperate to make esports (video game) a thing

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 09:46:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
HORSE???

Seriously?

ESPN thinks people will watch that?  Didn't they learn their lesson after that time the NBA tried, and failed miserably, to put on a HORSE competition at the ASG?

I think I'd rather watch an actual horse try to make a hoop.....

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 10:07:59 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
a lot of companies including the nba have been desperate to make esports (video game) a thing

Its already a thing. Its a multi-million dollar industry with viewership that rivals a lot of sports. League of legends world championship 2019 alone reached 44 million peak concurrent viewers ince the chinese were included. That is not including other fames with big fanbase like CSGO or overwatch etc.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 10:27:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Its already a thing. Its a multi-million dollar industry with viewership that rivals a lot of sports. League of legends world championship 2019 alone reached 44 million peak concurrent viewers ince the chinese were included. That is not including other fames with big fanbase like CSGO or overwatch etc.
I agree but NBA wants 2k to be popular too

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 01:54:27 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I agree but NBA wants 2k to be popular too

Yeah 2k I dont think will really work. There's a real thing to compete with afterall.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 08:07:13 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I've been watching Rocket League. Easy to follow along and fast paced.

Zero interest in watching anyone play horse.
ok fine

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 09:05:29 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Fun to play. Boring to watch.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, I used to watch clips of ESPN videos sometimes in the evening/night, but now I don't. They just repeat the same topics over and over. But I can't blame them either. No sports going on. They got by March thanks to NFL Free Agency and some of the big moves then, but now that's mostly over.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Fun to play. Boring to watch.
It is boring to watch, when players make it a shooting competition...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 02:26:49 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Boring.

Remember when Iso Joe, Rondo, Durant, etc. did that on all star weekend?

Zzzzzz

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 02:51:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I have no problem at all with it but can't imagine I’d watch.

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 08:59:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
sounds like a way to get some good shut eye .

Frankly a playoff  game with no rowdy crowd / fans that is suppose  to means something just sucks  ,  i just could not get into it at all and i just don't see how the players could either .  playing to,an empty gym and absent audience ....for a title ?? :-X. lame.

TV only ...no fans ...maybe golf , tennis , chess, or ping pong .....but NBA is about  fans right next to the court screaming and hollering and getting the players emotional.

too much serious stuff to mess with nba now
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:49:14 PM by SHAQATTACK »