Author Topic: Kendrick Perkins hates video games  (Read 1690 times)

Kendrick Perkins hates video games
« on: April 02, 2020, 01:42:50 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
After his kids racked up $16,000 on his credit card for Fortnite. No layups, Perk.

"I get my credit card bill back, right? I go to the store; I go to buy something – credit card declined," Perkins said. "I'm like, 'What? I haven't used this; I just paid it.' Come to find out I got $16,000 worth of Fortnite bills on my credit card. Ever since then, I was like you know what? I'm cool on Fortnite, I do not indulge in video games."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kendrick-perkins-children-accumulate-16000-of-fortnite-charges-on-his-credit-card/

Re: Kendrick Perkins hates video games
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
After his kids racked up $16,000 on his credit card for Fortnite. No layups, Perk.

"I get my credit card bill back, right? I go to the store; I go to buy something – credit card declined," Perkins said. "I'm like, 'What? I haven't used this; I just paid it.' Come to find out I got $16,000 worth of Fortnite bills on my credit card. Ever since then, I was like you know what? I'm cool on Fortnite, I do not indulge in video games."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kendrick-perkins-children-accumulate-16000-of-fortnite-charges-on-his-credit-card/

Never played that game. How much do you have to play to rack up $16k?

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I'm not sure. I buy my kids gift cards to use, but don't let them have access to my credit card to automatically make purchases. It seems the purchases that they usually make are worth anywhere from $8-$20 each. So $16k would be like just buying all the stuff you possibly could I imagine.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 03:07:16 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
haha

i remember saving up 40$ to buy an atari when i was a kid

times change!! :)

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 03:22:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Wouldn't that much amount of credit card spending have alerted or sent Perkins some kind of a warning at least? I know some of them are small time payments but generally credit cards usage isn't previously stored or recognized, banks online will send you some kind of a warning.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 05:27:57 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I'm not sure. I buy my kids gift cards to use, but don't let them have access to my credit card to automatically make purchases. It seems the purchases that they usually make are worth anywhere from $8-$20 each. So $16k would be like just buying all the stuff you possibly could I imagine.

This is wise.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 07:38:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
my parents would been locked up for my murder  :laugh:

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 07:59:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Its also slightly ironic you buy your kids gift cards while your username is also gift lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 05:33:04 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

As a guy familiar with similar games and microtransactions within, I cant fathom that kind of money being spent. Weapon skins and clothes can be anywhere from 2$ to 50$, but even if you buy them all I doubt you can get to 16k.