Author Topic: Having no March Madness may favor Danny  (Read 1227 times)

Having no March Madness may favor Danny
« on: March 24, 2020, 01:09:31 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Dannys scouting team puts in a huge amount of effort in watching and tracking these kids.. I assume some programs are better than others and some have higher budgets. And Danny seems like he enjoys personally scouting these kids.
It's unfortunate that the Memphis pick and last years didn't play out as high as expected but both were smart moves. Robert Williams and Romeo both fell. Picking up Grant and Carson another good play..

With no tournament some players who disappointed in regular season may fall further with not having the tournament redemption. Some players climbing the ladder will miss the added exposure and teams with poorer drafting skills may miss or take the unexpected or the known guy over a better talent. this can through off teams drafting order.
 What should he do?

Re: Having no March Madness may favor Danny
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I’ve thought this as well. I know nothing of the talent available, but it makes sense to me that the better skilled and thorough scouting teams will have an advantage. It also occurs to me that luck will play a huge role in this year’s draft.  Guys who would have raised their stock in tournaments will be available and will be lesser known. Some teams may know what they’re doing and grab one of them, but more likely teams will get lucky.  I think it’s not a bad break to have 3 late firsts this year.  C’s just need to hit on one of them.