Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 198717 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2019, 02:38:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Walker is 29.  No thanks
What's wrong with signing a 29 year old to a 4 year contract?

Seriously we just drafted 3 guards and still may have Rozier.  We have 0 bigs and you guys wanna spend our max money on an aging guard.  This board is enamored with anything that will take the bad tase if Irving and rozier away.  I get it, but the money can be better spent elsewhere.  And he’s another ball dominant pg.
I don't think drafting two small guards in the second round should effect the Celtics FA targets.

I do get thinking the C's should shore up the front court, but there will be bargains to had there I think. Plus they might have already kicked the Vuc tires and gotten a no.

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2019, 02:41:32 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Here's my concern (and yes I posted this on Reddit too so some of you may have already read this lol):

Kemba's max would come at 32.7M for the 1st year. Even if we signed him, we'd have maybe like 2M left, or 5-6M if we found a way to salary dump Yabusele.

And our current front court depth is basically Grant Williams, Timelord, maybe Theis? We have an absolute dire need there still.

So if we sign Kemba... how on earth are we retooling the front court?

That's why I think we're better off signing D'Lo and then adding 1-2 decent centers (someone like a Lopez or Dedmon, etc kind of additions).

Kemba is currently 29. Russell is younger with room to improve, and his max would be 27M first year. We'd still have 8-10M in cap space to fill out our front court, and yes, we NEED bodies there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2019, 02:44:55 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Walker is 29.  No thanks
What's wrong with signing a 29 year old to a 4 year contract?

Seriously we just drafted 3 guards and still may have Rozier.  We have 0 bigs and you guys wanna spend our max money on an aging guard.  This board is enamored with anything that will take the bad tase if Irving and rozier away.  I get it, but the money can be better spent elsewhere.  And he’s another ball dominant pg.
I don't think drafting two small guards in the second round should effect the Celtics FA targets.

I do get thinking the C's should shore up the front court, but there will be bargains to had there I think. Plus they might have already kicked the Vuc tires and gotten a no.

Langford, Edwards, Waters, Smart, Rozier possibly, Hayward can all play the point.  Who is our post player? 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2019, 02:52:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
None of those players have had any success leading an offense except Hayward. And Hayward isn't someone you can count on right now sadly. The C's need to add a PG and depth in the frontcourt. If you invest in one you're naturally going to have to compromise on the other.

I'm really not worried about post play. Interior defense and rebounding is the real concern without Horford.

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2019, 03:03:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Guys, respectfully why the heck are you talking for 3 pages about trading for Kemba. This has nothing to do with the thread. Please make your own thread if you want to have an endless discussion on this.

In rumors news:

Butler and Harden have been talking:

https://thebiglead.com/2019/06/25/jimmy-butler-rumors-lakers-sixers-rockets-heat/

I would imagine this would have to mean Capella is gone?

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The biggest rumor of the day for the Celtics is that they're pursuing Kemba, we're going to talk about Kemba. Summer Rumors Thread.

Threads are like your kids, you can start them off in the right direction, but in the end they're going to sneak out, get fake ids, and break curfew.

No use crying about it, just part of growing up.

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Threads are like your kids, you can start them off in the right direction, but in the end they're going to sneak out, get fake ids, and break curfew.

I fr*ggin' love this analogy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2019, 03:13:33 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
The biggest rumor of the day for the Celtics is that they're pursuing Kemba, we're going to talk about Kemba. Summer Rumors Thread.

No use crying about it, just part of growing up.

Exactly. 

Why have a rumors thread if we can’t discuss the rumors? I thought it was to have one centrally located thread for all rumors

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2019, 03:14:48 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
Out of spite I know want three pages of discussion on why we should be able to discuss rumors on the rumors page 🤣😂🤣😂

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2019, 03:18:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Guys, respectfully why the heck are you talking for 3 pages about trading for Kemba. This has nothing to do with the thread. Please make your own thread if you want to have an endless discussion on this.

In rumors news:

Butler and Harden have been talking:

https://thebiglead.com/2019/06/25/jimmy-butler-rumors-lakers-sixers-rockets-heat/

I would imagine this would have to mean Capella is gone?
I believe Butler to Houston can't happen unless Houston finds a taker for CP3, short of that they would need to work a sign and trade with Philly.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2019, 03:32:02 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Why would Boston do any sign and trade for Kemba when they have cap space?

Why would the Rockets start two bigs who cannot shoot?

Why?  :o

Well boston would to maintain max capspace.

And that was houstons best frontcourt last season, they still can start tucker.
They didn't start Faried except when Cappela was out.

Ok. Doesnt really change much for them either way. Their front court remains the same but they add a do all in batum, and a young piece and shed pauls contract.

So dont know why they would decline that
Because Nicholas Batum is a shell of himself and is paid $25 and then $27 million dollars.

I'm pretty sure the math doesn't work anyways. as Charlotte has 60+ million incoming only 35ish outgoing and they are decidedly over the cap.

I'm very tired of illegal pie in the sky sign and trades.

And paul is a superstar on the cheap?

Batum, biyombo and monk works.
Biyombo allows houston to potentially trade capela. My bad on not including biyombo in the hypothetical proposal.

The point was to not debate the in and outs of a deal, but to point out that charlotte would very much be in the running for a sign and trade recouping some value from kemba and also would and could make a deal for paul. And have the assets to do so and maintain there playoff at all costs course of action they are addicted to.

Biyombo, batum and monk is a good deal for paul, imo.

Hayward is far superior to nothing for kemba.

Paul and hayward with bridges, washington, zeller, williams makes the playoffs.

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2019, 03:33:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2019, 03:35:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
CP3 on a max contract is cheap?  :o

Its one of the worst contract holy trifecta! (CP3, Wall, Wiggins)

« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:38 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
CP3 on a max contract is cheap?  :o

Its one of the worst contract holy trifecta! (CP3, Wall, Wiggins)

typed that response on Phone, missed the questionmark. lol

Was supposed to be in counterpoint to how it was claimed that Batum is a bad contract,

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2019, 03:46:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Guys you don't want to sign, including Terry Rozier: https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/25/nba-free-agency-2019-nets-sixers-bucks-dangelo-russell-tobias-harris

tp good read .   Russell is scary after reading that .  I think Rozier is on his way to being Reggie Jackson 2.0 .